PDA

View Full Version : So why does Petter want Marcus in the team so much?

A.F.F.
10th December 2008, 06:28
A) Because Marcus is a long time hero for Petter and of whom (<--- can I say whom? ) he has looked up since he started rallying?

B) Because Petter values Marcus' experience and knowledge in carbuilding and making set-ups?

C) Because he thinks they have similar way of setting up the car and wants Marcus' backup against the laptop-guys?

D) Because Petter drove the car faster than Marcus in tests and knows Subaru is a wreck and want's to prove the big audience it's not because of the driver than the car he hasn't been able to deliver in the past couple of years?

My guess is option D.

grugsticles
10th December 2008, 07:10
There may be a fifth option - Petter may believe that the only way to bring SWRT forward is to become a larger team in terms of entrants.
Ford Benifits greatly from running 5+ cars on events and Citreon benifits from Rautenbach's data. Subaru has just the 2 cars.
If Subaru are going to get more on event test data back, as well as a 3rd drivers input then Marcus, with his 2 world championship snd weath of experience in many different cars not to mention his awesome outright speed and competitive nature, is the perfect selection for a 3rd driver.

From what Ive read over the last few years I dont think that Petter feels that Atkinson should be pushed elsewhere. I bet he thinks it time to play the numbers game - the more cars entered the better chance of sucess.

There may also be a motivational benifit if petter and Chris see somone whos recently been at the top of the game doing quicker stage times in identical machinery.

Roy
10th December 2008, 07:51

D) Because Petter drove the car faster than Marcus in tests and knows Subaru is a wreck and want's to prove the big audience it's not because of the driver than the car he hasn't been able to deliver in the past couple of years?

My guess is option D.

I was reading your post and I was thinking one option. Offcourse it's D

shurik
10th December 2008, 07:53
d imo

ShiftingGears
10th December 2008, 08:11
D

Buzz Lightyear
10th December 2008, 09:12
A) Because Marcus is a long time hero for Petter and of whom (<--- can I say whom? ) he has looked up since he started rallying?

B) Because Petter values Marcus' experience and knowledge in carbuilding and making set-ups?

C) Because he thinks they have similar way of setting up the car and wants Marcus' backup against the laptop-guys?

My guess is option D.

Did Marcus drive the damn car or not. He says he didnt.

sollitt
10th December 2008, 09:17
Because he can't stand the ing Aussie's accent and wants someone he can talk to in the team!

Daniel
10th December 2008, 09:40
E) He wants to crack Marcus' head open and feast on the brains inside and absorb some of Marcus' ability. Yes - Petter is a zombie.

Buzz Lightyear
10th December 2008, 10:40
E) He wants to crack Marcus' head open and feast on the brains inside and absorb some of Marcus' ability. Yes - Petter is a zombie.

.... you a relation of Hannibal Lecter by any chance?

Buzz Lightyear
10th December 2008, 10:58
What the hell is this all about? Taylor would be safer saying nothing.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=3512

Gard
10th December 2008, 12:38
What the hell is this all about? Taylor would be safer saying nothing.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=3512

What do you mean? Nothing new here. Except maybe that the newspaper states that Bosse will sign the contract

Buzz Lightyear
10th December 2008, 12:44
What do you mean? Nothing new here. Except maybe that the newspaper states that Bosse will sign the contract

Put it this way, if this was Citroen, no-one would know until the offical confirmation.

Lousada
10th December 2008, 13:17
F) Dave Richards feels that Subaru is pulling out of rally so he is mobilizing his troops to get as much attention as possible. By suggesting Gronholm will drive for Subaru they gain a lot of publicity and might convince some people that next year it's finally going to be better. Of course when Subaru finally clears the cheque, Gronholm suddenly decides he doesn't actually want to compete the full season.

I'm a bit cynical today.

Daniel
10th December 2008, 13:36
.... you a relation of Hannibal Lecter by any chance?
He wasn't a zombie :mark:

Buzz Lightyear
10th December 2008, 13:37
He wasn't a zombie :mark:

But he served up people's brains....

Daniel
10th December 2008, 14:01
But he served up people's brains....
Zombies also do this :p

Buzz Lightyear
10th December 2008, 14:09
Zombies also do this :p

.... this is soooo far off topic!

Brother John
10th December 2008, 15:01
My guess is option C. and i see him with Subaru Norway! :p

Buzz Lightyear
10th December 2008, 15:48
AFF, on what information is your assumption that PS wants Gronholm in SWRT?

Tigger9232
10th December 2008, 16:49
Maybe because of this............ ;) )

jonkka
10th December 2008, 17:28
and Citreon benifits from Rautenbach's data.

As in how to crash Xsara in Monte Carlo harbor or how to take out the oppon... oops, team mate by head-on collision? Right... they should hire Anthony Warmbold to teach them how to not to answer cell phone during stages as well...

Tom206wrc
10th December 2008, 17:31
There may be a fifth option - Petter may believe that the only way to bring SWRT forward is to become a larger team in terms of entrants.
Ford Benifits greatly from running 5+ cars on events and Citreon benifits from Rautenbach's data. Subaru has just the 2 cars.
If Subaru are going to get more on event test data back, as well as a 3rd drivers input then Marcus, with his 2 world championship snd weath of experience in many different cars not to mention his awesome outright speed and competitive nature, is the perfect selection for a 3rd driver.

From what Ive read over the last few years I dont think that Petter feels that Atkinson should be pushed elsewhere. I bet he thinks it time to play the numbers game - the more cars entered the better chance of sucess.

There may also be a motivational benifit if petter and Chris see somone whos recently been at the top of the game doing quicker stage times in identical machinery.

What kind of useful informations would Rautenbach bring to Citroën for Loeb and Sordo ??? :laugh:

L5-&gt;R5/CR
10th December 2008, 18:27
Perhaps Petter believes that having a Finnish Multiple World Champion on the team is the best way to get the car to work so he can compete for another title...

Just an idea...

N.O.T
10th December 2008, 19:03
needs a good reason to retire i think...

grugsticles
10th December 2008, 19:07
What kind of useful informations would Rautenbach bring to Citroën for Loeb and Sordo ??? :laugh:
Obviously his speed isnt well reguarded by WRC fans (myself included) but im thinking things like wear and tear on tyres and mechanical components.

Helstar
10th December 2008, 20:52
Citreon benifits from Rautenbach's data. Subaru has just the 2 cars.

lol ! Benefits in money you mean...

Also, Subaru had Pons last year, I don't think they took something different than Rautenbach on Citroen ...

Seriously, drugs aren't allowed on this board...

A.F.F.
10th December 2008, 20:57
AFF, on what information is your assumption that PS wants Gronholm in SWRT?

Let's just say I know. You of course can choose not to believe me :)

Gard
10th December 2008, 21:39
Let's just say I know. You of course can choose not to believe me :)

Nothing much to know. Since Petter has said so in a live interview.

Tomi
10th December 2008, 21:43
Petter said B, but he can be lying as usual.

Brother John
11th December 2008, 07:45
Petter said B, but he can be lying as usual.

Lying is how you make money these days!
They do it all, governments, companys and sport men. :rotflmao: :s mokin:

A.F.F.
11th December 2008, 09:19
Nothing much to know. Since Petter has said so in a live interview.

That's how know it :p :

Daniel
11th December 2008, 09:30
Seriously, drugs aren't allowed on this board...

It's called a joke. Perhaps I've been playing a bit too much Left 4 Dead though :)