PDA

View Full Version : Wales rally Gb Ticket refund policy

bryst
9th December 2008, 13:43
I was unfortunately a victim of the cancelled Hafren stages, I can see why they cancelled the stages as there was a lot of ice about but one thing that really annoys me is paying £40, after a 4hr jouney to get there,for me and my son and then find out that no refunds will be given in the event of cancellation. At the end of the day I've paid for something I didn't get, does anyone else feel they have been cheated out of there hard earned cash. I know that in the future if the weather is bad I will not attend. Does anyone know if theres an address were I can register my complaint as I can't find one on walesrallygb.com.

AndyRAC
9th December 2008, 13:49
I maybe wrong, but there are only refunds if the whole event is cancelled. I had a World Rally pass, so I wouldn't expect any refunds, plus in 2001 when Sainz went off - Trawscoed and Brechfa were cancelled I didn't get a refund.

Mark
9th December 2008, 14:45
It's a debateable issue. After all he's paid for something he didn't get. Sure you could argue it was not the organisers fault, but nor was it his fault either.

If you went to a football match and it was cancelled due to ice on the pitch, would you expect to still have to pay? Of course not.

It might be worth taking the matter up with your credit card company if you paid by credit card.

AndyRAC
9th December 2008, 14:54
I know a spectator asked a Marshal about getting a refund, and he was unsure (why would he know), but advised him to get in touch with the organisers by way of e-mail/telephone. I'd be surprised if anybody gets a refund.

Daniel
9th December 2008, 15:18
It might be worth taking the matter up with your credit card company if you paid by credit card.

That's quite a good idea.....

J4MIE
9th December 2008, 20:07
Back in 2003, me and Ibby had tickets for Margam but turned up to find the car park closed and they were turning people away.

I wrote into IMS afterwards to complain and got a full refund of the ticket :) Worth a try!

bryst
10th December 2008, 09:26
J4MIE does IMS stand for International motor sports and do you have an address for them, cant find one on their website.

AndyRAC
10th December 2008, 09:53
Back in 2003, me and Ibby had tickets for Margam but turned up to find the car park closed and they were turning people away.

I wrote into IMS afterwards to complain and got a full refund of the ticket :) Worth a try!

They obviously make far too much money in charging silly prices - that they can afford to refund the odd person.

Allyc85
10th December 2008, 11:05
If you dont ask you dont get, so its really worth a phone call to get a refund :)

MrJan
10th December 2008, 11:17
I maybe wrong, but there are only refunds if the whole event is cancelled. I had a World Rally pass, so I wouldn't expect any refunds, plus in 2001 when Sainz went off - Trawscoed and Brechfa were cancelled I didn't get a refund.

Was on Trawscoed on that day and the old man wrote to the organisers. I believe that the line he got was that he would have some sort of discount off the rally the next year but I think it was only for the full rally pass which we wouldn't want anyway :down: