PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Beer is awful!

ShiftingGears
9th December 2008, 10:10
Australian Beer is much better!

Discuss.

raybak
9th December 2008, 10:15
I would have to agree. After a night of drinking the beers of Mexico at a local Salsa bar. Was quite ill after maybe drinking too many. There were a few that were quite vile even with my taste buds being smothered by the amount of alcohol I had consumed.

Ray

Ps Boags is the way to go.

millencolin
9th December 2008, 10:24
Depends what Australian beer you have in question. We have good beers, we have great beers, and we have downright shocking beers

I know i would rather drink a Corona, Dos Eqis or a Tecate over many of the mass-produced beers here like VB, Carlton Mid, Carlton Draught, Fosters (if you call that Australian), Tooheys New, Tooheys Extra Dry, Carlton Cold... etc etc etc.

Only a handful of Mass-Produced beers I would drink over a product of Mexico
- The XXXX range of beers (thats purely because i'm a brisbane boy so don't start anything)
- Hahn Super Dry ... The best mass-produced beer in the country
- Boags Premium... delicious
- Coopers... all coopers beers are to die for

And thats it! could go into detail about craft beer ranges (like little creatures), but we are comparing Mexican Mass Produced beers so that would be unfair to compare to beers that are not mass-produced

Tazio
9th December 2008, 11:29
Hold the phone one cotton picking second. Mexican Beer IMO is very good, and not just compared to American.
Try Noche Buena, Bohemia, and, Modelo Negro! Then get back to me! :)

Roamy
10th December 2008, 16:13
WTFO - Corona con Limon is the best!! And if you don't like it that is why they invented tequila. Plus if you ever saw the Corona girls you could really understand what a clydesdale is :p

MrJan
10th December 2008, 16:17
It's all crap, the Europeans do real beer :D

schmenke
10th December 2008, 17:46
I'm not a big fan of Mexican beer myself, but my experience is limited to Corona :mark:

Aussie beers: VB, Tooheys New :up: Fosters :down:

GridGirl
10th December 2008, 17:48
We're looking to do Oktober fest next year...my favourite beer is Kwak. You drink it out of a egg timer shaped glass in a wooden holder.

Roamy
11th December 2008, 08:24
What I really like is alt beer from dusseldorf - now thats some fine beer

AndySpeed
11th December 2008, 11:23
Corona with a slice of lime, so good it's one of the only beers I'll drink warm if there's no fridge nearby!

jso1985
11th December 2008, 22:40
If you don't like Mexican beer is because you're not macho enough like all LatinAmericans are ;)

RWD
11th December 2008, 23:27
no beer is nice.

Storm
12th December 2008, 07:09
RWD whaaat???????

Camelopard
12th December 2008, 07:33
Australian Beer is much better!

Discuss.

All the Mexican beer I have tasted has been a lot better than the Pripps Bla that I had 20 years ago in Sweden! We used to call it
Pripps Bleah.

Beer I'm drinking at the moment is Czech called Kozel, Dan Murphys has it for about $50 (Aust) for a case of 20 500ml bottles.

Apart from that, Coopers is my favourite Australian beer.

ALDI also sell a beer called Wernersgruener which is brewed in Germany and is pretty good, though not as cheap as the Czech beers sold in Dans.

leopard
12th December 2008, 11:22
RWD whaaat???????
ok, kingfisher looks nice. :)

raybak
13th December 2008, 12:14
My codriver Andrew makes a good home brew. Very good for when we are working on the rally car late at night.

It's about 8% as well so has a bit of a kick.

Ray