PDA

View Full Version : Sebastien Ogier

Daniel
5th December 2008, 15:08
I know todays stages so far only only amount to a rallysprint but you have to say Sebastien is impresing in his first outing in a WRCar just like a certain other Sebastien in the past. So what's the future for Mr Ogier? I hope he continues to do well in Rallysprint GB and gets a drive for next year so we see what he's made of.

cannyboy
5th December 2008, 15:11
Put him in meeke in subarus and stand back....

Daniel
5th December 2008, 15:13
Well I spoke too soon. Still I think it's impressive beating all of those established names in such difficult conditions over 4 stages or whatever it was :)

MikeD
5th December 2008, 15:37
I know todays stages so far only only amount to a rallysprint but you have to say Sebastien is impresing in his first outing in a WRCar just like a certain other Sebastien in the past. So what's the future for Mr Ogier? I hope he continues to do well in Rallysprint GB and gets a drive for next year so we see what he's made of.

Ogier has secured a C4 for the first 6 rallies in 2009. It will be Citroën Sport that will run his car unlike PH-Sport here at GB, so I guess he is equal with Loeb and Sordo in 2009.

A.F.F.
5th December 2008, 15:39
Ogier is scaringly good from a Finn-point of view :up:

Sulland
5th December 2008, 15:39
are the 6 rounds confirmed ?

MikeD
5th December 2008, 15:43
are the 6 rounds confirmed ?

Yes.

alexlake
5th December 2008, 16:20
good luck to ogier, its a good end to his year

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 16:23
Good idea this thread :D

Langdale Forest
5th December 2008, 16:44
When Loeb retires, Ogier will take over.

A.F.F.
5th December 2008, 16:56
When Loeb retires, Ogier will take over.

No sir. Matti Rantanen will take over ;)

NRI
5th December 2008, 18:17
No sir. Matti Rantanen will take over ;)

Not so sure... Ogier is better than Loeb after only 3 years rallying !

MJW
5th December 2008, 19:53
Saw Ogier today - mega seriously impressed - he is a super talent!

xavier
6th December 2008, 00:59
Ogier is scaringly good from a Finn-point of view :up:

His grand-father was a Finn. He changed his name from Ogierninen when he drove to France (he wanted to go to Italy, but like any respectable Finn he was driving so sideway that he drifted west).

duff
6th December 2008, 04:32
A stage win on his very first stage in a WRCar!!! I don't think it matters what the advantage of road position was that's incredible. Watch out Sordo...

A.F.F.
6th December 2008, 07:21
His grand-father was a Finn. He changed his name from Ogierninen when he drove to France (he wanted to go to Italy, but like any respectable Finn he was driving so sideway that he drifted west).

Aaaah.... figures :up:

He probably made a scandinavian flick and managed to skip Belgium like any respectable Finn.

Brother John
6th December 2008, 08:22

He probably made a scandinavian flick and managed to skip Belgium like any respectable Finn.

:laugh: without words! :s mokin:

Daniel
6th December 2008, 08:22

Ah.... so Finns are part of Scandinavia when it suits them ;) Or perhaps Ogier's dad was a Swede ;)

Woodeye
6th December 2008, 08:53
Ah.... so Finns are part of Scandinavia when it suits them ;) Or perhaps Ogier's dad was a Swede ;)

If Seb's dad would have been a Swede, I think that he would never been born. :D

...if you know what I mean.

Buzz Lightyear
6th December 2008, 09:30
Good idea this thread :D

still a good idea?

RS
6th December 2008, 22:40
Ogier surely had a road position advantage yesterday but to win your first ever stage in a World Rally Car is seriously impressive. Watching the tv coverage last night, it was quite clear he could handle the car very well.

Makes Wilslow & Co's '3 year plans' look a bit silly.

A.F.F.
6th December 2008, 23:10
Ogier surely had a road position advantage yesterday but to win your first ever stage in a World Rally Car is seriously impressive. Watching the tv coverage last night, it was quite clear he could handle the car very well.

Wasn't it a 5 year plan? Anyway, it doesn't make any less silly :mark:

Daniel
6th December 2008, 23:13
Wasn't it a 5 year plan?
That was Stalin you were thinking of.

Daniel
6th December 2008, 23:19

It just goes to show that when you've got it you got it and when you don't you never will. I remember seeing Solberg in a Focus in NZ in 2000 and you just knew he was going to go far but Wilslow....... well he's gone about as far as he ever will.

Buzz Lightyear
7th December 2008, 01:22
Friday stages were a freak, but fair play he still had to drive it.

i think the splits for ss9 (first stage on Saturday) showed his real "true" pace, 30s slower than Hirvonen, which was 45 ultimately slower than Sordo.

Helstar
7th December 2008, 06:05
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=300&featureid=884&desc=GB%202008:%20Ogier%20off

The video is amazing xD he rolls ... says "et voila' ! put*** d* me** !" with a punch to the roof :D

But as somebody used to say ""io pensa meglio tu in testa e poi cappotta..."

jens
7th December 2008, 18:26
Early days, I know, but Ogier has performed like a true champion, adapting to top level of rallying immediately unlike some, who need years to do so. JWRC title already on his debut season and he has quickly become a threat in WRC too. If Loeb really fulfils his threat to leave WRC after 2009, then he has a worthy successor. :)

ste898
7th December 2008, 20:58

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP......Have you ever thought that maybe Wilson is under ORDERS to bring the car home each time!!

Unlike ogier who threw it away after a few stages......

Daniel
7th December 2008, 21:00
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP......Have you ever thought that maybe Wilson is under ORDERS to bring the car home each time!!

Wilson is crap. Ogier is not.

End of story.

cut the b.s.
7th December 2008, 21:10

If you were to post in a calmer and more thoughtful manner people around here wouldnt think you were an idiot, but of course then you wouldnt be ste898. Thanks for all your posts this season, your bad spirited responses to the brilliance of the Sebs and Citroen have been an enjoyable if predictable side of rallying this year, please dont change, can we have more of the same in 09? :-)

ste898
7th December 2008, 21:13
If you were to post in a calmer and more thoughtful manner people around here wouldnt think you were an idiot, but of course then you wouldnt be ste898. Thanks for all your posts this season, your bad spirited responses to the brilliance of the Sebs and Citroen have been an enjoyable if predictable side of rallying this year, please dont change, can we have more of the same in 09? :-)

Dont worry I wont be changing anything I will be giving my opinion in 2009 and if that makes me an idiot with the idiots then so be it!!

Allyc85
7th December 2008, 21:43
Stunning performace by Ogier even taking into consideration his road position and the machinery he was using. Its obvious hes very comfortable with the performance of a WRC car and has the potential to be very good! All he has to do is keep his head down and learn from the great man Loeb :)

A.F.F.
7th December 2008, 21:50

Tough daddyo Malcolm is. One could wonder he'll let his son drive at least one rally without ORDERS in three years... :dozey:

Roy
7th December 2008, 22:20

Wilson had NO ORDERS. OK, one:

Stobart VK M-Sport Ford Team Driver Matthew Wilson said:
"The plan for GB is to go as quick as possible from the start and try and match the result from last year, if not better it."

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/news/540

Ogier was very fast underway! Great! Shame he learnt what a crash is ;)

L5->R5/CR
8th December 2008, 00:56

Easier to teach fast guys not to crash (except for Passonen) than it is to teach slow guys to go fast...

Ghostwalker
8th December 2008, 01:47
L5->R5/CR , good post.

Ste898 whats the point of "bring the car home" if you finish outside top 8?
and if you always plays safe you wont win any rallies.

RS
8th December 2008, 09:01

Lol.

He will never learn anything if he is not allowed to push. There are many who could drive a Focus to the finish each time, and faster, including some Brits.

A.F.F.
8th December 2008, 09:21
Easier to teach fast guys not to crash (except for Passonen) than it is to teach slow guys to go fast...

See... Paasonen was the only one who realised that not to crash is hugely overrated :D

Sulland
7th May 2014, 01:33
Maybe we need to ban everyone called Sebastian from WRC?
First Loeb was untouchable for years, and now Ogier does as he wants.

VW has done many right things on how to enter WRC!