PDA

View Full Version : Nakamoto leaves Honda

Knock-on
4th December 2008, 10:16
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72308

I think this is a very good move. Nobody doubts his ability on the 2 wheel side but he's not the right man for the F1 team.

Brawn onboard and Naka out are good moves in my opinion.

Lets see how Honda progress in 09

f1kid1987
4th December 2008, 10:27

I think this is a very good move. Nobody doubts his ability on the 2 wheel side but he's not the right man for the F1 team.

I agree :up: Naka leaving the F1 side of Honda is a good move for him and the team. Now Brawn can get on and get Honda back to were they belong challenging for wins

Valve Bounce
4th December 2008, 11:30
I agree :up: Naka leaving the F1 side of Honda is a good move for him and the team. Now Brawn can get on and get Honda back to were they belong challenging for wins

.....................and the first of many WDC's for bunsen.

ioan
4th December 2008, 11:59
Brawn to the left, Brawn to the right.
Questions:
Who is designing the Honda F1 cars?
Do they have a top designer or not?

Firstgear
4th December 2008, 16:16
They don't need a top designer - F1 cars are topless.

carracing
4th December 2008, 16:27
Wow - so many off-season changes. I agree it sounds like it will be better for the team - so many race teams are definitely in need of personnel changes for the "greater good" in 2009. I see he's going to the motorcycle racing division - bike racing is getting "hot" right now - should be a win/win for all involved.

;)

Nikki Katz
4th December 2008, 18:24
UpdateF1 is saying that rumours are spreading that Honda are about to announce that they are either withdrawing from F1 or putting the team up for sale. Not sure how true that is though.

philipbain
4th December 2008, 18:40
UpdateF1 is saying that rumours are spreading that Honda are about to announce that they are either withdrawing from F1 or putting the team up for sale. Not sure how true that is though.

This rumour certainly isnt being denied at the moment, and some in the company may argue that whats the point of promoting the brand when there is no demand for new cars and given the complete lack of results from the team ever since Honda bought it they may feel they are getting very poor value from F1.

philipbain
4th December 2008, 18:43

Ding dong the motorbike mechanic has gone! It was an insane decision to give him the reigns of the technical department of the F1 team, was completely out of his depth which resulted in a completely un-coordinated mess of a team creating the 2007 Honda, a car that was so appaling that thier old car in the hands of Super Aguri was the better package for the balance of the season!

Sleeper
4th December 2008, 20:02
Brawn to the left, Brawn to the right.
Questions:
Who is designing the Honda F1 cars?
Do they have a top designer or not?
Loic Bigois and Jorg Zander were brought in from Williams and BMW respectively (Zander was at Honda in 06 as well, and that was pretty good car) just before Brawn joined. The two of them were largely responsible for aero update before Melbourne that improved the car by about 2 seconds per lap. Since then they've been working on the 09 car.

jens
4th December 2008, 21:14
Thank goodness Nakamoto is finally gone, never understood, why he was hired for this job in the F1 team - maybe now Honda has at last some hope of rising upwards! Maybe not in early 2009, because the development of RA109 should be quite in the closing stages by now.

I wonder, who will become the new chief designer though. Hopefully not a random guy again.

Valve Bounce
4th December 2008, 21:23
Please go to Honda thread - they appear to be kaput!!