PDA

View Full Version : CMR2 Wales Rally GB

jso1985
2nd December 2008, 23:33
Final round of the year and last chance to show your speed.

The situation on the drivers championship is this one: Marcel Haenen will win the cup unless Homer scores 3 or more points than him.

While on the teams championship things are a bit more settled: ML Motorsports Citroën needs to score 10 points or more than Red Bull Citroën Total Sport.

The rally will be run with the following format:
Game Rally: UK
Shakedown stage: SS6
Day 1: Single Rally Expert Level
Day 2: Single Rally Intermediate Level

Deadline for submissions is on Wednesday 10th 15:59 GMT.

For more info, ask it here, newcomeres always welcome

Have fun and good luck!

NOTE: Details for the BRC round will be posted by JTLarsen later

Rat
3rd December 2008, 11:43
uh oh, I'll have to switch back to manual gears again, I've got a broken spring. I for got about the last Rally of the season. Oh well, Let's Rally!
And the Red Bull is on us this year!

JTLarsen
3rd December 2008, 20:22
The BRC thread is here:
http://www.rallyforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=560874#post560874

Please keep all WRC chat in this thread created by Jso1985!
Please send all timecards to Jso1985! Do not send them to me.

Thanks alot to Jso for hosting the BRC finale as a part of the Wales Rally GB!

tannat
3rd December 2008, 22:49
For this rally I say one thing:

"Rain, rain go away
come again some other day"

:D

52Paddy
4th December 2008, 13:47
I'll use the Skoda Fabia (Seat Cordoba) for this rally. This will prove as good training ground for the move to team Seat (or equivalent) next year. :)

tannat
5th December 2008, 15:58
2:28.73
2:30.39
2:25.27
2:23.96 PB :up:
2:23.33 PB :up: :up:

Last run easily would have been a 2:22.xx, but ran wide right into the signage :D

52Paddy
5th December 2008, 17:10
Paddy Cummins has completed the shakedown

1) 2:30.33 --> Standard Setup
2) 2:40.96 --> One crash demotivated my whole run, Gearbox +1
3) xxx --> Abandoned run
4) xxx --> As above
5) 2:26.61 --> Only setup change is gearbox +1

There is still speed to be found in a lot of places. I had a conservative final run so to avoid crashing, and made a slight error anyway. I'd say I could take at least 2 seconds off that time with more work. And possibly even more.

Its a difficult stage. In sector 3 there is a "long 5 right into 3 left." You might not think the 5 right is as long as it is. I've went straight on into the trees there on all runs except the last one. Also, the dirt track section at the end of the stage is difficult to keep smooth, I find.

All good practice though, its a lovely car to drive (Fabia/Cordoba) :up:

tannat
5th December 2008, 19:12
Paddy Cummins has completed the shakedown

5) 2:26.61 --> Only setup change is gearbox +1

Nice time Paddy :up:

Rat
6th December 2008, 00:04
I have to use manual gear this time, no chance to get the wheel fixed. I'm in no position for glory this year so we are out to have fun!

52Paddy
6th December 2008, 13:36
Nice time Paddy :up:

Cheers man! :)

Frozzy
6th December 2008, 17:56
unfortunatly owing to losing my CMR 2 disc i am unable to compete on this rally :(
wish i could though

jso1985
6th December 2008, 18:22
I'll use the Skoda Fabia (Seat Cordoba) for this rally. This will prove as good training ground for the move to team Seat (or equivalent) next year. :)

If using the SEAT that would be a Skoda Octavia, not a Fabia, still no probs with that

cheers!

52Paddy
7th December 2008, 00:58
If using the SEAT that would be a Skoda Octavia, not a Fabia, still no probs with that

cheers!

No problem. I'll skin it over, won't make a difference to the performance :)

52Paddy
7th December 2008, 01:12
Just done a web search for an Octavia skin there. I remember using a skin for it before but can't find one on the web now (one that works, I mean.) Can anyone tell me where to find one?

Its not a big deal anyway, the Seat is still the car I'm using! :p :

lugnut_usa
7th December 2008, 16:06
Independant Rally Squad won't be making the trip for this event; the team has decided to skip the final in order to make preparations for next season.

(In other words, it's "that time of year" and things are picking up both at home and at work - not going to be able to fit this in. Best of luck to everyone!)

Rat
8th December 2008, 02:24
enjoy Xmas Lugnut, we'll see you next year..

Rat
8th December 2008, 09:45
Can I submit my times later this Rally? i'm a bit stuck for time this week. Should be to you by Thursday.

52Paddy
9th December 2008, 19:17
Sorry about this. I can't use the Cordoba. I tried updating the skin over the 2005-2007 rally mod and the game crashed. I don't have time to reinstall the game back to the original so I hope its not a problem to use a different car. This is the only chance I have to do the rally so I'll get back to you with what car I've used. Hope this isn't a problem, I'm not a factor in the championship anyway :)

Marcel Haenen
9th December 2008, 19:36
Finshed rally GB! This was a great rally, I really love these stages. The car was perfect all stages long and luckily for us we only had damp/wet conditions on 5 of the 20 stages. This was just a perfect finish of a great season with some magnificent fights for the victory. I hope to see you all back next year!

52Paddy
9th December 2008, 20:45
Paddy Cummins has finished the rally:

There were a few problems on this rally. The late switch to a Ford Focus proved to bring about a new dilemma. Its not a car I am used to driving but I know it is fairly handy on gravel. It is a good car but considerably different to driving the Seat. The first day wasn't too bad. I set 5 PBs (although, that said, I've only had the game a few weeks so this doesn't mean much at the moment.) I kept myself composed as possible and tried to make as little mistakes as I could. And, in that sense, it was a good day. The only really bad accident was on the short Ripley stages, where I hit some trees in the forest section.

Day 2, unfortunately, took a turn for the worse. Lethargy really kicked in, I assume. We rolled on the opener. Then, I was struggling with understeer on the second test. It seemed that the lack of rain on day 1 hadn't prepared us for a soaking day 2. In the service area, some steering settings were changed and it worked much better. Even so, the conditions proved to be still difficult and I made many costly mistakes on the next few stages. SS5 and 6 went nicely but this wasn't repeated on the final 3.

It is a tough rally and not one I know extremely well. There is a lot of content contained in each stage and its very easy to get caught out. Given that, and my 'rustiness' having only gotten back into gaming recently, I'm pleased with this rally. And, no question, it is an improvement on our come-back rally, Japan, a few weeks ago.

This is a good training ground for our 2009 campaign, but I'm still glad that we're finished with the UK for a while. Now, I'll get some sleep before I collapse :p :

kabouter
9th December 2008, 21:02
Can I submit my times later this Rally? i'm a bit stuck for time this week. Should be to you by Thursday.

I second this request for a deadline extension. Busy time at work and I'm looking for a new job as well (just spent over six hours today in the train to go to a job interview). All my plans to do a proper recce for this rally have come to nothing, but at least I should be able to do the rally itself tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

Ramore
10th December 2008, 00:15
I second this request for a deadline extension. Busy time at work and I'm looking for a new job as well (just spent over six hours today in the train to go to a job interview). All my plans to do a proper recce for this rally have come to nothing, but at least I should be able to do the rally itself tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

I will need a deadline extension as well. Just got home, but I am too tired to do a proper rally now. I think I will have time tomorrow evening to do it, and I want to do it. It is the last rally of the year after all. I hope our request will be granted.

Rat
11th December 2008, 00:21
I hope to be using the proper equipment now that I've bodged the wheel. I hope to get the times asap.

I am evil Homer
11th December 2008, 11:31
Did my rally....very little time to practice and it showed. Lacked consistency, set a PB on one stage and the next stage over-shot a corner and lost a few seconds. The times felt competitive enough i'm just not convinced I did enough to push for the win and the mathamatical possibility of winning the title.

kabouter
11th December 2008, 12:33
I completed the rally today. Apart from the first two stages, it was raining during all of the first day - getting worse and worse, culminating in a nice thunderstorm on stage 9 and 10. Day two started dry but somehow I couldn't get into a good rhythm and my times were slower than on day 1. Then the rain came down again, affecting my times even more than the previous day.

I took part in this rally because I wanted to make sure of my BRC rookie of the year title. But it wasn't much fun driving these stages in the rain without any practice, knowing I was losing 10 seconds to my PBs on some stages... And now I'm curious to see how the championship battles have turned out :D

JTLarsen
11th December 2008, 15:43
Rain and slush galore! Not really the weather I was hoping for but a consistent recce enabled me to make 5 new PBs when the rain wasn't coming down too hard!

All I have to do now is to wait for the results and to hope that I took out enough time on Kabouter to take fifth in The BRC!

tannat
11th December 2008, 17:25
Submitted my times...
Lucky weather draws, about 75% dry, but we didn't take full advantage of it.

Feel okay with the times, but I think NOR will have the upper hand for the BRC title.... :(

jso1985
11th December 2008, 22:17
still waiting for rat's timecard, please be patient.

Already got timecards from:
NOR
Ramore
Homer
Kabouter
JTLarsen
Tannat
Paddy Cummins
Marcel Haenen
Jso1985

Rat
12th December 2008, 04:35
I'll have then to ya tonight. Sorry for the delay. I had to bodge the wheel to get any sort of decent times for day 2.

52Paddy
12th December 2008, 08:42
I'll have then to ya tonight. Sorry for the delay. I had to bodge the wheel to get any sort of decent times for day 2.

I find I'm much quicker with a wheel. Interesting, do you not like driving with a wheel yourself?

Rat
12th December 2008, 10:37
Javier, you have mail
Paddt, yes my driving is better with the wheel. I broke a spring in the accelerator this week and I had to use a clothes peg spring to get me back on the Rally.

52Paddy
12th December 2008, 20:13
Javier, you have mail
Paddt, yes my driving is better with the wheel. I broke a spring in the accelerator this week and I had to use a clothes peg spring to get me back on the Rally.

Oh I see. That IS a problem :p :

Rat
12th December 2008, 21:37
Good old Aussie ingenuity got me back rallying

jso1985
12th December 2008, 23:31
WARNING! post below this one might be spoilers

Stage-by-stage results are now available at the yahoo group.

enjoy! final results and standing will be published here soon

jso1985
12th December 2008, 23:45
1.- Marcel Haenen ML Motorsports Citroën 45:00,01
2.- I am evil Homer Red Bull Citroën Total Sport 45:58,66
3.- NOR Two Basses Team Ford Europe 47:13,85
4.- Tannat Curtans RallyBase Motorsports 47:37,60
5.- Jso1985 Red Bull Citroën Total Sport 48:15,70
6.- Ramore Subaru World Rally Team 48:18,27
7.- Kabouter Curtans RallyBase Motorsports 49:39,63
8.- JTLarsen Two Basses Team Ford Europe 50:12,34
9.- Paddy Cummins Cyclone International 51:12,69
10.- Rat Red Bull Team Toyota 56:01,12

FINAL drivers standings
1.- Marcel Haenen 132
2.- I Am Evil Homer 128
3.- Tannat 71
4.- NOR 66
5.- Jso1985 33
6.- Steve0302 29
7.- Ramore 26
8.- Juha 24
9.- Kabouter 19
10.- Cyborg_hun 17
11.-J.Lindstroem 15
12.- Zes 11
13.- JTLarsen 10
14.- Lugnut_USA 3
15.- PetterSolberg29 1

FINAL Team standings
1.- Red Bull Citroën Total Sport 161
2.- ML Motorsports Citroën 149
3.- Suzuki Motorsport 85
4.- Two Basses Team Ford Europe 76
5.- ARB Racers 29
6.- Curtans RallyBase Motorsports 29
7.- Subaru World Rally Team 26
8.- Frozz Motors Europe 15
9.- Peugeot Sport Finland 11
10.- Independent Rally Squad 3
11.- Expert Sport WRT 1

Thanks for participating!

Congrats to Marcel Haenen on his 4th championship in a row!
Congrats to Red Bull Citroën Total Sport with their 2nd championship win(after the 2005 one)

Hope to see you all in the 2009 season!

jso1985
12th December 2008, 23:46
I know it wasn't because of me but hey! that's a 3rd manufacturers/teams championship in a row for me :D

Rat
13th December 2008, 01:30
well done Marcel! I still dont know how ya did it, must be something in the water.

tannat
13th December 2008, 04:48
Congrats to NOR for winning the BRC-thoroughly deserved :up: :up:
We've kept each other honest throughout the year.

Pleased to have netted third in drivers and manufacturers (Suzuki) and also to have made a modest contribution towards Curtans tie for fifth...

Looking forward to Ireland in 1.5 months behind the wheel of a SEAT with Paddy as my teammate :up:

A great year, gang :beer:

52Paddy
13th December 2008, 10:57
1 minute off the pace of the guy in front isn't something I'm satisfied with. However, I know that I lost a lot of time due to costly errors. I will just have to make it my business to avoid such errors in the future.

Congratulations to Marcel and NOR on your titles :up:

Can't wait to kick off 2009 on home turf. With tannat on board as a team mate, I'm sure 2009 will be a great learning process for me and hopefully be more fruitful in results, than the past has been.

By the way, has anyone got the link to the yahoo group?

kabouter
13th December 2008, 14:51
By the way, has anyone got the link to the yahoo group?

Here you go: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/cmr2wc/

52Paddy
13th December 2008, 15:07
Cheers :up:

52Paddy
13th December 2008, 15:13
Looking at the stage times, I'm pretty happy with beating JT Larsen and kabouter on a few occasions. Not a bad rally after all, I suppose.

Ramore
14th December 2008, 00:36
Lol, Nice battle Jso. Only 0:00.02 difference before the last stage. Fortunately for you, I suck on these super special stages (still can't get why I can't drive them). Anyways, nice fight and nice end of the season. Overall, I am extremely happy with my race, considering the tricky weather conditions (rain in almost all stages and a thunderstorm on ss10). Several top 3 stage times, and especially my time on SS16 is giving me some confidence for the next season.

Thank you guys for the great season.
It is time for a well deserved holiday at home :) .

tannat
15th December 2008, 15:39
Hoping to have details for the IRC practice round up by Friday :D