PDA

View Full Version : Rossi in Wales...

pino
2nd December 2008, 13:29
How you Guys expect him to perform ? I honestely think he could achieve a Top 10 Pos, or even finish in points. Anyone agree with me ? :D

ps: Sorry but I am bored at the moment :p :

AndiG
2nd December 2008, 13:58
Sorry but I canīt imagine that Rossi can Finish in the top 10! He is a talentated driver- no question, but you can`t compare Wales Rally to New Zealand! First of all will the conditions be much harder in Wales (and there you need experience) and there are lotīs more WRCīs on the entry list. But good luck for him, hopefully he can finish! :)

pino
2nd December 2008, 14:09
Sorry but I canīt imagine that Rossi can Finish in the top 10! He is a talentated driver- no question, but you can`t compare Wales Rally to New Zealand! First of all will the conditions be much harder in Wales (and there you need experience) and there are lotīs more WRCīs on the entry list. But good luck for him, hopefully he can finish! :)

I agree we can't compare New Zealand with Wales, but as posted in the Official thread, if Valentino survives first 2/3 stages of 1st day, He can achieve a good result :D

Buzz Lightyear
2nd December 2008, 14:16
Not a chance. He will be maximum 18th.. and be polverized by Hanninen, Aigner, Wilks etc in GpN cars.

DonJippo
2nd December 2008, 14:29
He can finish, thanks to souprally but nowhere near the points.

MikeD
2nd December 2008, 15:31
The most realistic answer is missing! He will finish the rally but nowhere near the points.

Roy
2nd December 2008, 15:38
The most realistic answer is missing! He will finish the rally but nowhere near the points.

I agree.

pettersolberg29
2nd December 2008, 16:56
Thirded

pino
2nd December 2008, 17:06
Snow on stages, that will make everything more difficult for Valentino...we will see !

Allyc85
2nd December 2008, 17:16
He will finish the rally thanks to the Super Rally system :)

Woodeye
2nd December 2008, 17:28
He will win - of course.

Corny
2nd December 2008, 18:29
top 10 is possible..

Simmi
2nd December 2008, 20:46
18th

Maui J.
2nd December 2008, 21:08
Somewhere between 12-15. He may struggle to keep the top PWRC guys behind him since they will be on the charge, especially Hanninen and Aigner.

Great to see Valentino at a WRC event again. If Rally NZ '06 was anything to go by, expect to see a whole new 'species' of spectators at Rally GB. Most of them wearing leathers and carrying helmets.

Helstar
2nd December 2008, 21:29
The right question is: will he do better or worse than Rautenbach ?

Lo scopriremo solo vivendo ^_^

Tomi
2nd December 2008, 21:31
Somewhere between 12-15. He may struggle to keep the top PWRC guys behind him since they will be on the charge, especially Hanninen and Aigner.

Great to see Valentino at a WRC event again. If Rally NZ '06 was anything to go by, expect to see a whole new 'species' of spectators at Rally GB. Most of them wearing leathers and carrying helmets.

Unfortunatly Hänninen will drive for the PWRC win, so he wont go for the rally GB win he will be just focusing on Aigner, and Aigner will not do so good in uk, too difficult for him.

Daniel
4th December 2008, 06:41
I voted that Valentino would win the rally :p

pino
4th December 2008, 06:46
I voted that Valentino would win the rally :p

Oi ! this is a serious thread :mad: ;)

A.F.F.
4th December 2008, 10:15
I think Valentino has a chance to win the championship too. I mean if he really step on it :up:

pino
4th December 2008, 10:17
I think Valentino has a chance to win the championship too. I mean if he really step on it :up:

Thanks for taking this thread seriously :up: ;)

Daniel
4th December 2008, 10:33
Thanks for taking this thread seriously :up: ;)
To be fair Pino it's hard to take the thread seriously. In his first WRC outing he fell off the road early off and in his second he didn't do that great. I really don't know what to expect from him. It's everything to lose for Valentino....if he goes off the road again it'll be embarassing and the conditions won't be the best so it won't be easy for him to stay on the road. Plus he hasn't been driving the car for a long so he won't be familiar with it either.

I'd much rather watch him beating the crap out of the other riders in MotoGP to be fair ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sfPM77TsGaA

pino
4th December 2008, 11:07
To be fair Pino it's hard to take the thread seriously. In his first WRC outing he fell off the road early off and in his second he didn't do that great. I really don't know what to expect from him. It's everything to lose for Valentino....if he goes off the road again it'll be embarassing and the conditions won't be the best so it won't be easy for him to stay on the road. Plus he hasn't been driving the car for a long so he won't be familiar with it either.

I'd much rather watch him beating the crap out of the other riders in MotoGP to be fair ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sfPM77TsGaA

Daniel, I totally agree with what you said except that He didn't do that great in his second event, I think that New Zealand 11th pos was a good result...ok none was there, many ritired still it was a good performance. I had hope for a dry surface here in Wales, unfortunately it won't be like that so I just wish him Good Luck...he really need that :D

WRCfan
4th December 2008, 11:46
If he can get to the end then he has achieved a good thing. Getting to the end of a slippery rally GB is something to be proud of and if he can score a reasonable position then that's great. I think Rossi is here because he loves the sport and it's one way of relaxing and having a good time for him. His MotoGP schedule is tight and this is the only time he has to do WRC.

It's good he draws attention to the sport, he is a great guy with the kind of character and charisma that the WRC needs even if only the odd guest appearance (I met the dude in Japan MotoGP as my best friend knows his #1 mechanic, and we were gifted team passes so i can 100% tell you he is a nice guy in person). I wish him luck, when he was in NZ I know talk of the rally doubled because he was entered and driving in it. Nothing wrong with that.

RS
4th December 2008, 17:12
Rossi's pre-event test:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MHhm5Z23H7Q

Not so Mr. Falmboyant now! But then it is a Focus..

malscar
5th December 2008, 02:02
Valentino who???? ;)

Viking
5th December 2008, 08:15
Valentino who???? ;)

Small guy, curly hair, from Italy. Usually drives this two-wheeled things, motor.. moto…something ;)

Daniel
5th December 2008, 09:10
Well all those people who said Rossi would go off in SS1 were wrong! :p

pino
7th December 2008, 14:08
All of us were wrong :p : but nice job Valentino, it wasn't easy to bring the car home :up: I bet next year he will finish in the points :p :

Daniel
7th December 2008, 16:07
All of us were wrong :p : but nice job Valentino, it wasn't easy to bring the car home :up: I bet next year he will finish in the points :p :
Only because of your crappy poll options ;)

BDunnell
7th December 2008, 17:12
Let's be honest about this. Has Rossi ever shown any form on a rally that makes anybody think that he'd be a really good addition to the WRC for reasons other than publicity? I don't think he's been any more impressive than Derek Warwick, who was in 12th place on the RAC in 1990 when he retired and would probably have got a top 10 finish otherwise.

bowler
7th December 2008, 18:22
good result for a guy who does one or two rallies per year

12th

ahead of latvala and atkinson

Helstar
7th December 2008, 18:23
All of us were wrong :p :
I wasn't :p !

The right question is: will he do better or worse than Rautenbach ?

BETTER ! xD

I think he needs to do experience, drive drive and drive. And then he could end in top 10th. Maybe ^^

Daniel
7th December 2008, 18:25
I wasn't :p !

BETTER ! xD

I think he needs to do experience, drive drive and drive. And then he could end in top 10th. Maybe ^^

I think if the conditions hadn't been so tricky perhaps Rossi would have been higher but with what happened last time I think he just drove to keep it on the road.

Tomi
7th December 2008, 18:38
I think he would have been closer to the top, if few from the front would have retired.

pino
7th December 2008, 19:40
I think if the conditions hadn't been so tricky perhaps Rossi would have been higher but with what happened last time I think he just drove to keep it on the road.

I totally agree, Rossi was forced to take it very easy at the beginning, in order to build some confidence with the car, the track and the notes (he said that notes are the most difficult part of Rallying to learn). I really would like to see him on a tarmac-rally next time ;)

pino
7th December 2008, 19:43
I think he would have been closer to the top, if few from the front would have retired.

That's not the way he has become 8th times World Champion in Motosport ;)

Tomi
7th December 2008, 20:31
That's not the way he has become 8th times World Champion in Motosport ;)

I can tell you a secret paisa, he will never become even a 1/2 time champion in rally what ever he do. :)

N.O.T
7th December 2008, 20:34
was sponsor boy in wales ??? how did he do ??

Allyc85
7th December 2008, 22:03
Not a bad performance by Vale in Wales. You could see he was a bit slower than anyone else but he certainly embarrassed others with a hell of alot more rallying experience.

MJW
7th December 2008, 22:06
was sponsor boy in wales ??? how did he do ??

Who is this 'sponsor boy' thats being refered to?

Daniel
7th December 2008, 22:13
Who is this 'sponsor boy' thats being refered to?
Rossi one would assume :)

pino
7th December 2008, 22:42
Not a bad performance by Vale in Wales. You could see he was a bit slower than anyone else but he certainly embarrassed others with a hell of alot more rallying experience.

Well said :up:

Brother John
8th December 2008, 15:39
Valentino Rossi applauded by WRC drivers Sebastien Loeb and Jari-Matti Latvala and Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson. of Sebastien Loeb and Jari-Matti Latvala and Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson. ;)

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=3495&desc=Rossi’s%20performance%20praised%20by%20WRC%20 stars

pino
8th December 2008, 17:07
Hey Brother, Valentino did a good job so why the :crazy: ?

BDunnell
8th December 2008, 17:20
Hey Brother, Valentino did a good job so why the :crazy: ?

My feeling is that while he did well to finish, and I love the fact that he wants to go rallying, to me he shows little more potential in a rally car than did Derek Warwick on a one-off drive 18 years ago, and nobody saw him as a WRC driver of the future.

pino
8th December 2008, 17:39
You Guys are so negative :down: :p :

Tomi
8th December 2008, 17:40
You Guys are so negative :down: :p :

how come?

pino
8th December 2008, 17:53
how come?

I know about you, would like to know about others too ;)

Tomi
8th December 2008, 17:55
I know about you, would like to know about others too ;)

Sorry paisa, cant help it's so nice to tease you. :)

Sulland
8th December 2008, 18:03
I am guessing that the next time we see him will be in a Fiat in asphalt event !

Brother John
8th December 2008, 18:27
Hey Brother, Valentino did a good job so why the :crazy: ?Sorry, wrong smilie. It had not been meant negatively. :)