PDA

View Full Version : China Rally

PuddleJumper
29th November 2008, 22:39
Has anyone seen an entry list yet?

Livewireshock
1st December 2008, 14:13
An interesting point. It is frustrating finding any information about this second Rally China after the first one four weeks ago.

Mirek
1st December 2008, 14:51
Maybe it is better not to know about it all than to watch Marco Cavigioli in diesel Punto as the only regular IRC runner there...

pantealex
1st December 2008, 18:13
IRC Vouilloz is champion, so nobody goes to China
WRC Loeb is champion, and still everybody is in Wales...

In Wales there are S2000-cars in entrylist, what about China ?

You still think that IRC is better than WRC ? :)

ps.Open pickems, because I am 2nd overall and I want fight for win

urabus-denoS2000
1st December 2008, 18:47

Maybe because Wales is in Europe and China is on the different side of the world....
And most IRC teams are private teams

Yes I do think it is better

HaCo
1st December 2008, 19:06
Is it not because WRC teams MUST attend the rally's + Ford can still become manufacture champ.

In the good times of WRC not all rally's were mandatory for the teams, like Safari, not all teams did it.

PuddleJumper
2nd December 2008, 00:46
ps.Open pickems, because I am 2nd overall and I want fight for win
I can't do that without an entry list. And to be honest, it's getting so late now, it's hardly worth running it. :\ All year the release of entry details has been very poor.

Wim_Impreza
2nd December 2008, 08:33
No prono for China now, this means also no prono for Brazil, Mexico and Japan next year because the lack of good teams?

RS
2nd December 2008, 09:08

In Wales there are S2000-cars in entrylist, what about China ?

I must say, even as a fan of IRC, China has been a bit of a disaster and I fear the same for Japan next year too. However this has been very much the exception rather than the rule for IRC this year.

But are you really proud of WRC events like Mexico this year where Ogier made the points on his WRC debut driving an S1600 or Argentina where Rautenbach finished 4th and the top 8 was separated by 30 minutes?

Madeira
2nd December 2008, 10:12
I can't do that without an entry list. And to be honest, it's getting so late now, it's hardly worth running it.

well, not bad for me then!! :p

Wim_Impreza
2nd December 2008, 12:33
Why it is named Intercontinental Rally Challenge as no single European top driver from this years Challenge goes to China?

Livewireshock
2nd December 2008, 13:02
Why it is named Intercontinental Rally Challenge as no single European top driver from this years Challenge goes to China?

Why is the WRC a world championship when only two events next year will be held outside Europe?

Back to the topic now!

I was going to attend when the rally was to be held last month in conjunction with the FIA APRC Rally China round in Longyou. Then suddenly a decision was made to create an all new Rally China for the IRC on month later. This has created confusion with two Rally Chinas'. So that combined with the current financial crisis, I have not gone to either now.

Finding any information about any event in China is always bad. Plus there are hassles with driver's licences for foreigners. Technically no foreigner is allowed to drive in China unless they are living or working there for 12 months or more, rallies get a special exemption but it a hassle most like to not do and so do not go.

Having said that, I have been driven by a Chinese taxi driver in a car 10 years past due for the wreckers yard. He had brilliant heel toe technique and left foot braking down to a fine art. Scariest and most thrilling taxi ride I have ever done. Was from Zhuhai Airport to the Macau border gate. Would love to know what this guy could have done in a 'real' car?

Luis Pacheco
3rd December 2008, 12:24
http://www.ircseries.com/demo/docs/Entry%20List-China%20Shaowu%20Rally%202008.xls

pantealex
3rd December 2008, 13:29
I must say, even as a fan of IRC, China has been a bit of a disaster and I fear the same for Japan next year too. However this has been very much the exception rather than the rule for IRC this year.

But are you really proud of WRC events like Mexico this year where Ogier made the points on his WRC debut driving an S1600 or Argentina where Rautenbach finished 4th and the top 8 was separated by 30 minutes?
I agree and I am not proud!

There are 2 Finns in Chinese entrylist (Salo and Miettinen) and they are bouth very fast drivers.

Madeira: Better man won!

pantealex
6th December 2008, 20:12
After ss7
1)Juha Salo evo9
2)Jarkko Miettinen evo9

Sulland
7th December 2008, 11:32
Do anyone have a link to the live timing ?

Sulland
7th December 2008, 14:37
Wow seems like a lot of interest for IRC in China in here....

Does not Eurosport send from China either ?

Tom206wrc
7th December 2008, 15:01
We almost know nothing about this rally thanks to media :s

J4MIE
7th December 2008, 15:31
Having seen this on previous events in China, I'm not surprised at the lack of information :(

Fly
7th December 2008, 15:36
Miettinen wins it after Salo went off on one of the last stages.
Liu Caodong (Mitsubishi) et Jun Xu (Mitsubishi) finish 2nd and 3rd.
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/07122008/29/miettinen-wins-china-rally.html

urabus-denoS2000
7th December 2008, 16:49
Wow seems like a lot of interest for IRC in China in here....

Are you surprised?

Sulland
7th December 2008, 18:11
No, but it surprises me that FIA keep putting up rallies where it cost teams a fortune to go to.

I understand that they would like to move into new markets, but I am not sure it gains the sport as such, compared to running the classic rallies...

Mirek
7th December 2008, 18:16
I don't think this has that much to do with FIA.

RS
7th December 2008, 19:52
China is an important emerging car market, but especially to put it at the end of the season when the titles may be wrapped up already is stupid. What's more, the private teams can't really afford it. I hope Brazil and Safari next year will be different.

Anyhow, let's not worry about that but look foward to Monte which has the potential to be the greatest IRC Rally yet :)