PDA

View Full Version : CMR2 IRC 2009 Calendar, rules, entry, and discussion

tannat
25th November 2008, 22:22
With the official release of the IRC 2009 calendar I cna finally get this things started:

2009 IRC PROVISIONAL CALENDAR:
• 21-24 January Monaco Monte Carlo Rally (a)
• 05-07 March Brazil Rally Internacional de Curitiba (g)
• 03-04 April Kenya (TBC) (*) Safari Rally (g)
• 07-09 May Portugal Sata Rally Acores (a)
• 18-20 June Belgium Ypres Westhoek Rally (a)
• 09-11 July Russia. Rally Russia (g)
• 30 July-01 August Madeira Rali Vinho Madeira (a)
• 21-23 August Czech Republic Barum Rally Zlin (a)
• 10-12 September Spain Rally Principe de Asturias (a)
• 24-26 September Italy Rally Sanremo (a)
• 22-24 October Japan (**) Rally Japan (g)
• 19-21 November United Kingdom RAC MSA Rally of Scotland (g)

(*) To be confirmed
(**) Dates to be confirmed

Rules etc forthcoming, but please feel free to add any comments or ideas...

Monte less than two months away, and I plan to have a practice rally mid to late December to acclimate everyoen to the championship.

Cheers,

Tannat

Rat
26th November 2008, 08:45
Tannat, what is (a) & (g)? I'm guessing the (g) is the in-game Rallye.

tannat
26th November 2008, 12:14
A-asphalt (tarmac)
G-gravel :D

Rat
26th November 2008, 12:25
thanks Tannat, something so simple...
good idea to have a practice Rally.

52Paddy
27th November 2008, 08:46
Looking forward to this. For variety on asphalt, I presume we will be mixing stages from both Italy and France for some rallies?

Rules for car choice, is it S2000 based or WRC?

I think it should be a similar format to the CMR2 WRC but maybe something like a different car class. That way, we can enjoy the diversion to a different car.

NOR
27th November 2008, 10:00
According to real IRC there should be S2000, S1600, Gr.N, R2, R3 cars, I guess.

I am evil Homer
27th November 2008, 11:17
Which relates to what in CMR2? The Puma for S1600/R3, Mini Cooper for R2?

S2000 is the problem, unless we all use either the Corolla, 206 or Cordoba with 100% FWD.

NOR
27th November 2008, 11:29
This should be cleared ... if would be used Puma for R3, there should be shifted power to front axis, because Puma in athe game is AWD and R3 is FWD.
S2000 is not FWD, so that's not the case of shifting to front.....

I am evil Homer
27th November 2008, 11:33
True...i'm just wondering about my participation. I don't want to use a WRC car in IRC as that will be just like the main CMR2 championship but also don't want to be the only person running an R3.

Zes
27th November 2008, 12:32
I agree with Homer. It would be nice to make the series somehow different than WRC. Maybe fwd cars would be enough to make the difference. Or what about some gearbox setup restrictions?

Which skins are available for IRC? Skoda, Fiat, anything else?

I think 1-day event would be enough for IRC (or 4+8stages). It is hard to find time to drive current WRC&BRC nowadays, so if IRC is 2-day event, I doubt I can make it.

NOR
27th November 2008, 12:53
Yes, I have a concept for discussion. I'm worry about using the Mini Cooper in game, because this car is funny to drive, but in compare with other cars it's useless on asphalt/tarmac. So we have generally three categories of cars: 1. FWD, 2. Gr.N, 3. S2000. My idea is to use restrictions for each category as follows:
1. FWD - use Ford Puma in game with power 100% on front axis (skins available: C2 S1600, Punto S1600, Corsa S1600, Saxo S1600, later on will be Clio R3 or Civic R3)
2: Gr.N - use Mitsu Lancer Road in game (skins available: a lot of Lancers and Imprezas Gr.N)
3. S2000 - use P206 or Toyota Corolla in game with gearbox fixed on default (skins available: Fabia S2000, Abarth Punto S2000, MG S2000 Sport)
All the restriction are just suggested, as examples. Maybe it should be done differently to fit all categories to similar speed.

I am evil Homer
27th November 2008, 13:24
Okay I can see where you're going with it....and it sounds good. I'd prefer to leave the Mini well alone, I hate it!

The Gr.N could be the Lancer Road car with no changes to any settings (bar tyres..maybe ride height)...could make it interesting.

tannat
27th November 2008, 13:35
I don't think I will offer GrN, and I fear the two remaining classes will not be supported well enough to justify it.

The Puma is faster than all WRCs in the game. I am not certain if patterning the fwd championship with the Puma is the way to go.

Consider the following:

S1600: skin any wrc as you like but with drive shifted 100% to the front

S2000: we will have designated skin to wrc treatments (ie Skoda S2000 on Pug, MG on Corolla) etc etc, much like the WRC Championship.

Anyone wishing to drive the Lancer could use the WRC Lancer (it would be equivalent performance wise with the S2000 class).

NOR
27th November 2008, 13:38
OK. then I suggest choose 3-4 in game cars which will be allowed, set the slowest one as etalon and then fit restrictions of the others to make different cars comparable fast.

tannat
27th November 2008, 13:39
Oh-and no R2 or R3 classes either

Makes no sense. If we carry 10 entries throughout the year it will be amazing....

NOR
27th November 2008, 13:44
Tannat, I didn't mean different rank for each category, just one results over all. That's the reason why I listed R2, R3 as well. These cars run the real IRC, so if I will make the new Clio R3, why would not run it here?
Puma was just the rection on demand to run other car then in WRC....

tannat
27th November 2008, 14:48
Tannat, I didn't mean different rank for each category, just one results over all. That's the reason why I listed R2, R3 as well. These cars run the real IRC, so if I will make the new Clio R3, why would not run it here?
Puma was just the rection on demand to run other car then in WRC....

Oh-I follow you NOR. So it would be correct to say skin any WRC with what you like (be it anything from S2000 to R3) with all competing for overall honors....

I plan to have a championship within a championship. It will be for any drivers who have not achieved a podium finish in either the 2008 WRC or 2008 BRC..

tannat
27th November 2008, 14:51
I plan to have a manufacturers cup with two seats limited per manufacturer team.

I'll need some assistance in detrmining how many manufacturers are actually competing in the 2009 IRC.

It seems a new S2000 car is released each week!

These I know about:

Skoda, Mg, VW, MG, Peugeot, Fiat....

NOR
27th November 2008, 17:14
I plan to have a manufacturers cup with two seats limited per manufacturer team.
I'll need some assistance in detrmining how many manufacturers are actually competing in the 2009 IRC.

There are five manufacturers entering this year (Peugeot, Abarth, Mitsubishi, VW, Honda), for 2009 will be probably more (hope for Skoda, Proton, maybe MG, Opel) - it's not clear yet. But there are running more cars which are not entered for manufacturers points as well. And we could use them, I guess. Do you want just manufacturers, or teams (more then one for each brand) standing?
btw. Anyway you want to use just WRC in game cars, think about some kind of restrictions..... Look on Homer's, Paddy's and Zes's posts - guys don't want to run the same cars as on main WRC Championship.

52Paddy
27th November 2008, 19:06
Just a though, can any of the Gp B cars be set up to simulate a more modern class? I've not tried it myself yet but I was thinking something like the Delta might work. It would give us more scope. After all, we just want to rally something different to WRC. If it doesn't mirror the real IRC, I'm not all that bothered myself. Not sure if I'm speaking for everyone, just trying to contribute. :)

tannat
27th November 2008, 22:28
Well-taking into account NOR and Paddy's posts...

Perhaps our S2000's could be the Puma and Delta (somewhat equal?)

and S1600s the WRCs with 100% front drive.

Paddy's idea about using the Group B's has some merit.

Using 'different' cars pretty much means using faster cars. There really is no way to slow them down aside from limiting tire choice or limiting gearbox, and to me bumping the rev limiter for 25% or more of a stage doesn't strike me as fun.

More feedback, guys... :D

Rat
28th November 2008, 00:39
ok I guess I'm wrong thinking that the S2000 class is 4wd! We run S2000 class in the ARC and the Toyota and the Fiesta are 4wd. Why do we run them as FWD in the new format?
It's a good concept and a different approach to the WRC.

NOR
28th November 2008, 07:15
to Rat: Read properly previous posts :) Once more - S2000 is AWD, S1600 and R3 are FWD.

I am evil Homer
28th November 2008, 09:01
Guys i'd like to point out my posts were based purely on the fact I want to run both WRC and IRC in 09..so if there's anyway to make it a bit different that would be great.

I like the idea of using the Delta..is the Puma really faster than the WRCs in the game? I;ve never really bothered with it before!

tannat
28th November 2008, 12:19
I like the idea of using the Delta..is the Puma really faster than the WRCs in the game? I;ve never really bothered with it before!

Oh yes-take it for a spin :up:

claudio
28th November 2008, 17:33
and the gt`s? porsche 911, ferrari

great will be have the 207 s2000

claudio
28th November 2008, 17:35
and the gt`s? porsche 911, ferrari

great will be have the 207 s2000

Rat
28th November 2008, 23:27
Sorry NOR, I just glanced at the rules. I'm itching to get started in any rally/race.

52Paddy
29th November 2008, 10:57
Also, should we really consider splitting up classes? Maybe it would be best to have just one class. Unless of course, there is enough interest to split the field up nicely.

tannat
29th November 2008, 13:04
Also, should we really consider splitting up classes? Maybe it would be best to have just one class. Unless of course, there is enough interest to split the field up nicely.

Good point, but the best driven front driver WRC will not have a hope of keeping with the best driven Puma/Delta.

Bit of an unlevel playing field, but may not matter

tannat
29th November 2008, 13:36
Plan to distribute points 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

This keeps it tight and pays points down through 10th.

There will be a manufacturer's cup with the top finishing car from each marque scoring points at each round

There will be a IRC Spirit Cup to be awarded. Driver's eligible include those drivers who have not scored podiums in either the 2008 CMR2 WRC or BRC

tannat
29th November 2008, 13:45
In order to bring some real novelty to the championship I plan to do the following regarding rally routes.

-In most cases the familiar format will be followed (i.e. Greece Expert for one day, etc)

-In some cases in order to capture the character of certain events rallies will be performed in Single Rally mode so that specific weather conditons can be implemented. This will be especially true for Monte Carlo

-Competitors will receive a route/map time card to their PM box. All competitors are encouraged to print the route/map time card for reference while the perform the rally.

-Another measure which will be introduced is the use of non-traditional tires for certain events (for Brazil I plan to limit tires to snows only for use on Greece stages for the complete event). This will be done in an effort to create special traction conditions. Another example will be special tire restrictions for the Monte

-It goes without saying that taking special measures such as the above is only as good as its implementation, so it is important that all competitors follow the dictates for each rally :D

claudio
29th November 2008, 13:52
people can i run with the porsche 996 FWD???(if i can change the skin of the car)

my suggestion is I run with the Porsche with the same power as the S2000 but like FWD...
in spain vallejo with a porsche get better times than some s2000

NOR
29th November 2008, 17:47
to claudio: Porsche should be RWD, I guess. Some Turbo versions are AWD, but FWD seems to be a bit funny .... anyway I'm not against your car choice, just if it has sense?

claudio
29th November 2008, 18:51
NOR my idea was RWD... but because i have some problems with english language put it wrong in the post...

anyway sorry for my bad english

tannat
29th November 2008, 22:58
people can i run with the porsche 996 FWD???(if i can change the skin of the car)

my suggestion is I run with the Porsche with the same power as the S2000 but like FWD...
in spain vallejo with a porsche get better times than some s2000

As long as you skin it on a WRC or the Puma or Delta as mentioned previously I have no problems with it at all

jso1985
29th November 2008, 23:05
I think we should run only one class since I guess splitting it would cause too small entry lists on each class
And I agree that we should use something different from the WRC cars to make it different.

Oh! and I noted some rally dates clash with the WRC ones, so we need some negotiations here tannat!

Safari Rally IRC and Rally de Portugal WRC
Rally Vinho Madeira IRC and Rally Finland WRC
Rally Japan IRC and Wales Rally GB WRC

Rat
30th November 2008, 11:05
1 class from outside the WRC cars is a good idea

NOR
30th November 2008, 11:52
I have done some test runs with the Puma and Delta comparing with WRC stage times. Puma is maybe little bit faster then WRC, but Delta is really beast. Faster on tarmac as well as on gravel about 3-6 sec than my WRC best times. And my test runs were not too good, so real times could be much faster. So I don΄t reccomend to allow Delta with other cars. Any WRC can΄t hold the pace with Delta.
My suggestion is using Puma basis for all for 4WD cars (skinned as S2000 or Gr.N) and any WRC basis for two wheel drive cars (skinned as S1600, R3, GTs), with shifting the power to front for FWD and to rear for RWD. And don΄t make separate results, of course.... just all together.

tannat
30th November 2008, 12:58
Safari Rally IRC and Rally de Portugal WRC
Rally Vinho Madeira IRC and Rally Finland WRC
Rally Japan IRC and Wales Rally GB WRC

Noted-I'll change IRC dates as the WRC is still the standard ;)

tannat
30th November 2008, 13:00
[quote="NOR"]

This sounds good NOR, and thanks for the in-depth look :up:

CMR2 Puma-all IRC 4wd cars (S2000 and Group N)

CMR2 WRC with 100% fwd or rwd-all IRC S1600, R3 and GTs

tannat
30th November 2008, 19:58
28 January -
1 February
Rally Ireland
11-15 February
Rally Norway
11-15 March
The Cyprus Rally
1-5 April
Rally de Portugal
22-26 April
Rally Argentina
20-24 May
Rally d'Italia-Sardegna
10-14 June
Acropolis Rally
24-28 June
Rally Poland
29 July - 2 August
Rally Finland
2-6 September
Rally Australia
30 September -
4 October
Rally de Espana
21-25 October
Wales Rally GB

Frozzy
3rd December 2008, 13:37
for the S2000 VW polo since there no current version could i use the older mk IV version skin instead?

NOR
3rd December 2008, 14:40
to Frozzy: No problem, I guess. But is there some Polo S2000 model to skin it? I have never seen any Polo for CMR2 yet.

Frozzy
3rd December 2008, 14:52
im not too sure but there is a skin on
http://www.colinmcrae.110mb.com/cmr2.htm

UKOG~Will
3rd December 2008, 16:29
Yeah that's the Golf Mk4. ;)

http://www.colinmcrae.110mb.com/Golf4kitcarPSL2003.zip

Rat
4th December 2008, 06:03
are there any new skins for the Puma? I may have to change Teams if negotiations go ahead...

NOR
4th December 2008, 07:57
to Rat: you can use any S2000 car on basis of Puma. Just rename all new files to pum*****.*** like - cora1N.c3d to puma1N.c3d, or f99c1.bfl to pumc1.bfl .... Changing of first three letters put every new car anywhere you want into the game.

Rat
4th December 2008, 10:41
great thanks, more testing in the way

52Paddy
22nd December 2008, 00:16
Just bumping this, its been a bit quiet with the build up to Christmas I presume. Have we decided on which cars will be eligible for the championship (in game and fictional skinning that is...?)

tannat
22nd December 2008, 08:08
Just bumping this, its been a bit quiet with the build up to Christmas I presume. Have we decided on which cars will be eligible for the championship (in game and fictional skinning that is...?)

S2000 (awd)-Puma ONLY

S1600- WRC with drive shifted 100% to the front, or 100% to the rear to accomodate the Porsche 911 as requested b Claudio :up:

May start a practice thread this week. A bit busy at the moment ........

52Paddy
22nd December 2008, 08:23
S2000 (awd)-Puma ONLY

S1600- WRC with drive shifted 100% to the front, or 100% to the rear to accomodate the Porsche 911 as requested b Claudio :up:

May start a practice thread this week. A bit busy at the moment ........

Cool, and I presume the S2000 cars can be skinned. I found a Daewoo Lanos skin which I may use.

tannat
22nd December 2008, 17:56
Cool, and I presume the S2000 cars can be skinned. I found a Daewoo Lanos skin which I may use.

Yes-no problems at all :)

lugnut_usa
22nd December 2008, 19:11
So I'm confused (again).

This is a separate series from the one jso has in the other post?

tannat
22nd December 2008, 20:50
yes

jso is running the CMR2 WRC based on wrc cars

http://www.wrc.com

I am running the CMR2 IRC based on S2000 and S1600 cars

http://www.ircseries.com

:)

lugnut_usa
22nd December 2008, 21:20
Interesting; so is this one using some of the "bonus" cars in CMR2?

tannat
22nd December 2008, 22:11
Interesting; so is this one using some of the "bonus" cars in CMR2?

Yeah-I guess the Puma is a bonus car.

Do you have it?

Cheats
> onecarefulowner
Unlocks all bonus cars.
> offroad
Unlocks the Lancer Road Car
> jobinitaly
Unlocks the Mini Cooper
> jimmyscar
Unlocks the Ford Sierra Cosworth
> coolestcar
Unlocks the Ford Puma

lugnut_usa
23rd December 2008, 01:16
Yeah, I've unlocked everything. Just haven't driven them.