PDA

View Full Version : Mateschitz buys back STR stake.

gloomyDAY
25th November 2008, 18:56
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72252

LOL! I don't know why I laughed so hard when I read this.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that STR annihilated RBR this past season.

CNR
25th November 2008, 21:07
what happend to where Gerhard Berger was looking for some one to buy the other 50% of Dietrich share.

now that red bull has taken back control could one of the redbull drivers be on there way back Scott Speed or Vitantonio Liuzzi

goodf1fun
25th November 2008, 21:09
no way

senna's money will talk

Sleeper
25th November 2008, 21:12
^Senna's more likely to end up in the Honda IMO.

This is good news, Bergers ability to manage drivers has been woeful.

truefan72
25th November 2008, 23:10
good news for Torroi Rosso, good news for Bourdais.

I think with the new "relaxed" regulations as to customer cars, Red Bull saw it as a good opportunity. Besides, it is a GP winning car/outfit and should still be very competitive in 2009.

I just hope that the leadership will be better served this time around and that they do not hamper the team so as to make RBR look good. I rather enjoyed their performance in 2008 and like that competitive nature.

Jag_Warrior
26th November 2008, 01:45
So I guess this means that Gerhard is out altogether? Well, he was one of my favorite drivers back in the day. But I admit that his stewardship of the team was not the best. Kind of like one of my other faves, Niki Lauda... running a team must take another skill set.

gloomyDAY
26th November 2008, 05:17
what happend to where Gerhard Berger was looking for some one to buy the other 50% of Dietrich share.

now that red bull has taken back control could one of the redbull drivers be on there way back Scott Speed or Vitantonio LiuzziCareful! You're going to give every American member on this board a collective hard-on.

CNR
26th November 2008, 06:02
Is this a way to change redbull back to Ferrari power and Toro Rosso to Renault engines.

harvick#1
26th November 2008, 06:27
Speed won't come back to F1, Red Bull has him locked in at Nascar now.

ioan
26th November 2008, 11:21
Interesting. I guess one day we'll know the truth about what happened there. Maybe its just that Gerhard needs the money back in his main business now that the economic situation is looking to be worsening everywhere.

IMO Berger proved he can do a better work than whoever is managing the RB team.
As for you lot who are criticizing him for getting rid of Scott "no" Speed and Liuzzi, just think about it, neither SS nor VL would have been able to win a race for STR.

Ranger
26th November 2008, 12:37

A race win for any team boss is a fantastic achievement.

But he, unlike the other 9 people directing F1 teams, doesn't have to manage a team that actually:
- Does the Research and development for the car
- Designs of the car
- Builds the car

He just had to organise a group of people who modify an already fundamentally good car, which IMO is a significantly lesser task than other chassis constructors.

markabilly
26th November 2008, 14:14

now that red bull has taken back control could one of the redbull drivers be on there way back Scott Speed or Vitantonio Liuzzi

IS there really a god?????
Scottie Not Speed to come back???
The fastest painted toenails in the world!!
Amen :beer:

markabilly
26th November 2008, 14:26
Careful! You're going to give every American member on this board a collective hard-on.

Quiet---Mama thinks I am in love again
:love:

Speed won't come back to F1, Red Bull has him locked in at Nascar now.

Get rid of those negative vibes
:arrows:

Interesting. I guess one day we'll know the truth about what happened there. Maybe its just that Gerhard needs the money back in his main business now that the economic situation is looking to be worsening everywhere.

As for you lot who are criticizing him for getting rid of Scott "no" Speed and Liuzzi, just think about it, neither SS nor VL would have been able to win a race for STR.

How dare you, you should be banned (again!!)
Said the same about Hamilton winning a WDC, so your credibilty is :grenade: ...... shot to pieces

As to my hero, :burnout: the fastest painted toenail in the world.... :burnout:

excuse me, i got to go remedy a small problem......darling honey, come here.....

ioan
26th November 2008, 14:43

But he, unlike the other 9 people directing F1 teams, doesn't have to manage a team that actually:
- Designs of the car
- Builds the car

He just had to organise a group of people who modify an already fundamentally good car, which IMO is a significantly lesser task than other chassis constructors.

Going by your logic the smaller the team easier the job!
How can you than compare any of the managers from the smaller teams with those from the top teams who have 10x the number of employees?

Team managers don't build the car, don't do the research themselves either, they got delegates who supervise those aspects.

The team manager manages the money, sets the goals and motivates the team to achieve those goals. It's basically the same for all of them, and all I'm saying that with everything else being the same Berger did a better job than Horner.

Ranger
27th November 2008, 00:12
Going by your logic the smaller the team easier the job!
How can you than compare any of the managers from the smaller teams with those from the top teams who have 10x the number of employees?

The job is far easier when you don't have to manage the resources to actually build the car. The job is dramatically easier when you have a good car pre-made for them.

See: Super Aguri.

Team managers don't build the car, don't do the research themselves either, they got delegates who supervise those aspects.
I did know this.

The team manager manages the money, sets the goals and motivates the team to achieve those goals. It's basically the same for all of them, and all I'm saying that with everything else being the same Berger did a better job than Horner.

I didn't say he didn't. But his task of oversight is much lesser than every other team boss due to the reasons I mentioned, making his role easier than most others IMO.

ioan
27th November 2008, 08:55
The job is far easier when you don't have to manage the resources to actually build the car. The job is dramatically easier when you have a good car pre-made for them.

I did know this.

I didn't say he didn't. But his task of oversight is much lesser than every other team boss due to the reasons I mentioned, making his role easier than most others IMO.

Never mind.

PolePosition_1
27th November 2008, 10:24
^Senna's more likely to end up in the Honda IMO.

This is good news, Bergers ability to manage drivers has been woeful.

Though one cannot deny his success in F1 outside of being a driver.

Williams peaked their relationship with Berger as one of the leading players, and whilst I cannot say his driver management has been perfect, it has worked well, and STR, with him leading the team, have made huge progress.

Certainly, there are a lot of other factors involved in this, but one cannot deny the correlation.

PolePosition_1
27th November 2008, 10:28

I did know this.

To be fair Mallen, STR have a fraction of the budget of the big teams. That doesn't mean its easy for the big teams because they have a near limitless pot of resources. Its just a different skillset involved.

gshevlin
27th November 2008, 19:21
Well, now that there is no ownership stake by Gerhard Berger, perhaps somebody in Red Bull can fire Franz Tost the next time he opens his mouth and publicly criticizes the team's drivers. That incident from last season was one of the most publicly unprofessional incidents I have ever seen in Formula 1. Tost should have been fired immediately.

markabilly
28th November 2008, 07:27
Tost should have been fired immediately.

right out of a 155mm cannon, arseend up...

anthonyvop
28th November 2008, 14:52

- Designs of the car
- Builds the car

Of course having a Ferrari engine instead of the Renault doesn't hurt either.