PDA

View Full Version : safety officers driving at events

sills
5th February 2007, 16:11
People are propley getting feed up with my complaints about safety officers but one other thing is the way some of them are getting away with driving on stages the road closed car stopped about 8 inches from not going any further at junction 8 on saturdays second stage he would of smacked a few big rocks, thats on the stages done but on the main roads the way some of them drive and over take is crazy and Its horrible to say I cant wait for one of them to have an accident so my point will come across clearer I know other people have seen there antics on the roads these people are ment to be setting a good example

Viktory
5th February 2007, 17:04
how bad they may drive, you should never want anyone to have an accident, even to get your point across...

sills
5th February 2007, 17:07
nobody seems to listen until something like an accident happens then its always to late i wouldnt wish it on a person but it is going to happen

J4MIE
5th February 2007, 21:34
Rally drivers do it too... I've seen numerous "top" drivers pull idiotic stunts that could've ended up with people killed.

imull
5th February 2007, 21:42
cant understand a word of that. throw a couple of full stops in again and i'll have a go at reading the thread ;)

sills
5th February 2007, 21:42
Rally drivers do it too... I've seen numerous "top" drivers pull idiotic stunts that could've ended up with people killed.

Thats very true to... they should be setting an example on the public roads but safety officers are doing it on the stages as well some of them think there in the rally

Viktory
5th February 2007, 21:43
yes, I hear where you are coming from, and totally agree with that unless an accident happens nothing will probably be done about it. It was just the phrasing in the first post that got me a bit upset "I can't wait for one of them to have an accident"

I have experienced it too, and will probably feel it more so at the Swedish rally since it will be the first time I drive during a rally (got my license a half year ago)

sills
5th February 2007, 21:45
true the phraseing was'nt good i apologise for that

MadCat
6th February 2007, 12:03
I understand where you're coming from but dont tar them all with the same brush. My dad is regularly a safety officer for a national rally and under no circumstances does he drive irresponsibly as you suggest others do. Even when there is a serious accident.

sills
6th February 2007, 12:37
the way some of them are getting away with driving

The way some I didnt paint them all with the same brush sorry if it some how came over that way.

hyundaimike
6th February 2007, 19:24
any one see the officialls celica in a ball on saturday.just pulled across in front of on coming traffic and smashed into oncoming car. got out and attacked the other driver involved. far to many official cars driving the stages as well.

Mad cat jnr
6th February 2007, 19:34
Yep I agree, some of the worst I can think of was On the north west stages, the road closing car came into the stage right behind last car, did on lap and drove out, while the competing car went and did his second lap. Luckily he had a radio on board and heard what he had done.

Joe