PDA

View Full Version : Cant connect my ps3 to the web

Allyc85
23rd November 2008, 17:28
At the moment I cant connect my ps3 to the web. I had no problems doing it on XP but on Vista im finding it impossible. Im on orange broadband conencting to the livebox via a wireless signal.

This is how im trying to connect it...

Before I start I go onto the PC network settings and turn on network sharing and ive tried with the firewall turned off.

1) Go into Internet connection settings and select Easy, it then checks net work configuration and I select wireless.

2) I then press automatic and the pairing button on the live box but it says the access point wasn't detected.

3) I do step one again but select scan instead of automatic, this shows my access point and a max signal strength of 22%.

4) So next I enter my WEP key and it checks network settings and brings up IP address options, I press auto.

5) It asks to set the DHCP host name and I select do not set.

6) Then its the DNS and MTU settings and I press auto. Would probably help if Sony put in the actually term for the setting instead of the abbreviations so I could guess a a bit easier!

7) It then asks for a proxy server and I select do not use and I disable UPnP.

8) I then press X to save settings and test connection..... where the attempt to to obtain a IP times out!

Any other things to try?