PDA

View Full Version : Dan Clarke?

Chamoo
21st November 2008, 16:18
What has happened to Dan Clarke? Though he was a ride buyer in CC, he was talented when he kept it off the walls and other cars. I suspected we'd see him in the IRL considering he brought a sizable budget. He could fill in quite nicely with a second car at any of the one car efforts with the sponsorship he brings (if he still has it).

seppefan
21st November 2008, 16:57
Think the money ran out and he was a danger to himself let alone the other drivers. Have a feeling Dan and the ovals would be too much for the team owners and the insurance companies.

Damon
21st November 2008, 18:15
Think the money ran out and he was a danger to himself let alone the other drivers. Have a feeling Dan and the ovals would be too much for the team owners and the insurance companies.

He certainly couldn't have been any worse than EJ Viso was this year

elis
21st November 2008, 18:43

Well there's a rather blinkered comment. Luckily the people that count, y'know his contemporaries at the top of their game, the likes of Dixon, Kanaan & Wheldon all praised him.

EJ rocked this year, Sure in the early part of the season it was a steep learning curve, but let's face it he had far fewer incidents than some of the old school drivers, & his fellow rookies.

Dan is currently in the UK, but has been flitting stateside throughout the year. He recently competed in a half marathon in Indy.

He is looking to find a ride in indy car for the '09 season. He has 1 oval behind him, an 8th place finish at Milwaukee.

Dr. Krogshöj
21st November 2008, 19:55
I wonder who ended up in the wall more times, Viso or Graham?

elis
21st November 2008, 20:58
I wonder who ended up in the wall more times, Viso or Graham?

I know Viso dnf'd 3 times through incidents.

once through a wheel failure at Homestead.
once by his own accident, at Belle Isle.
Once by a puncture at Chicagoland.

Jimmy Magnusson
22nd November 2008, 00:39
Dan Clarke was a master at creating incidents. Remember Zolder last year, where he caused a four car crash on the first lap of Friday practice... Thankfully he was parked for the rest of the weekend.

ykiki
22nd November 2008, 03:01
The frustrating thing about Dan is that the talent IS there - you could see it in his lap times. But as others rightfully pointed out, he really was clueless about using his brain and harnessing the talent. He reminds me of how I drive in videogames. ;) Top of the timesheets one lap & into the sandtrap/wall/competitor the next.

If ever someone could benefit from a coach, it would be Dan. Whether he'd listen and learn is another thing altogether...

BobGarage
22nd November 2008, 10:19
dan tested for Liverpool in Superleague Formula earlier in the season but hasn't raced.

I've not heard of him racing elsewhere either this year.

seppefan
22nd November 2008, 17:56

Point taken but I think he was he was. EJ has more raw speed, much more. Remember Dan at Zolder taking out PT, JW and one other on the first lap of practice. They are both hairy drivers with little peripheral vision and a win on the first corner attitude. Other drivers are wary of them with reason but Dan was, in my view, more dangerous and less talented. Also EJ has the better looking girlfriend !