PDA

View Full Version : Loeb in F1

Sulland
21st November 2008, 13:57
Loeb getting within 1.5 sec on the test tells me that if i were a F1 team manager, I would seriously consider giving him a call to discuss future plans

Would you ?

Big Ben
21st November 2008, 15:01
Coming to F1 to compete for the wood medal or whatever he'd get for finishing 6th.... I don't see why he would give up rally for that.

He's doing very well where he is... and I understand he's not that young either. Let him beat some more records if there are any left.

BeansBeansBeans
21st November 2008, 15:20
He's much too old to embarking on a single seater career. And although he was impressive, you can't really read too much into testing times.

I am evil Homer
21st November 2008, 16:05
Agreed..I think F1 has passed him by now but sportscars or touring cars I could see him doing well in once he'd bedded in.

21st November 2008, 17:44
Loeb getting within 1.5 sec on the test tells me that if i were a F1 team manager, I would seriously consider giving him a call to discuss future plans

Would you ?

No.

Whilst he is incredibly talented, those last 1.5 seconds are the hardest of all to cut.

F1boat
21st November 2008, 20:11
I think that he can race with success in the Le Mans series.

Daniel
22nd November 2008, 06:58
He's much too old to embarking on a single seater career. And although he was impressive, you can't really read too much into testing times.

I agree. I think endurance racing is where it's at for Seb.

ShiftingGears
22nd November 2008, 07:13
Realistically, I think he could be a full time test driver for an F1 team. He doesn't have the experience needed for the racecraft that F1 demands. Which is unfortunate - I'd like to see him in a series worthy of his talents.

Still, it'd be good seeing him in sportscars.

goodf1fun
22nd November 2008, 08:20
who told you that this times are not fake to impress us?
he admitted that f1 is more demanding in physical skills than rally

BeansBeansBeans
22nd November 2008, 08:53
Realistically, I think he could be a full time test driver for an F1 team.

Why on earth would an F1 team bring in a 34 year old man with no single-seater experience as a full-time tester?

I think you under-estimate the role of a test driver.

ShiftingGears
22nd November 2008, 09:05
Why on earth would an F1 team bring in a 34 year old man with no single-seater experience as a full-time tester?

He has the talent and mechanical understanding that translates in any car. So I think he has the potential. But a race seat is totally out of the question.

BDunnell
22nd November 2008, 13:02
I agree. I think endurance racing is where it's at for Seb.

Or some sort of touring cars. I think that would suit him better.

F1boat
23rd November 2008, 07:55
Or some sort of touring cars. I think that would suit him better.

Well, yes, there were rumours about the DTM, but I prefer to see him in Le Mans.

gloomyDAY
23rd November 2008, 20:38
who told you that this times are not fake to impress us?
he admitted that f1 is more demanding in physical skills than rallyStop being a troll.

Well, yes, there were rumours about the DTM, but I prefer to see him in Le Mans.Yeah, what he said.

goodf1fun
24th November 2008, 08:11
Stop being a troll.

Yeah, what he said.

troll? lol

if you are blind is your problem.

PolePosition_1
25th November 2008, 09:15

Multiple World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb has been hailed fast enough for Formula One by the Red Bull Racing team after the Frenchman tested one of their cars at Barcelona on Monday.

SOURCE: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72194

I must be honest, whilst F1 is my favourite motor-racing, I take an interest in many forms of racing. WRC being one, and Loeb is someone who impresses me the most, the man just seems invincible.

I've read his biography, and its just mighty impressive, he seems to succeed at whatever he sets his mind too.

He's done well in racing series, showing his racecraft, and fact he was so quick on the offset in Formula 1, highlights another area he can just walk into and succeed.

Unfortunately, at the age of 34, we'll never see him race competitively in Formula 1.

Despite proving that he has the speed, Loeb dismissed a switch to Formula One at this late stage in his career.

"Maybe I am too old," he told Autosport. "If I was going to do that, it's something that I should have thought about doing a few years ago. This only came about because it was an opportunity offered to me by Red Bull.

SOURCE: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72194

AndyL
25th November 2008, 11:18
Well, yes, there were rumours about the DTM, but I prefer to see him in Le Mans.

A definite possibility!
http://www.sebastienloeb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=435&Itemid=123