PDA

View Full Version : Hughes to run 2 MG'S in 09?

poole123
21st November 2008, 12:44
I see that Jason Hughes hopes to run 2 MG'S in the BTCC in 2009 yet again. hopefully it comes off as it means a bigger variety of cars which has been 1 of the strenths of the BTCC in recen years.

I am evil Homer
21st November 2008, 13:31
He may as well burn his money IMO...the MG is just too old to be competitive without huge injection of cash to upgrade and test it.

VX_Rules
21st November 2008, 16:21
Please Please Mg Rip.

Jon411
21st November 2008, 16:32
Whilst they may not be the fastest things on the track, they are still capable of running with the Integras and the back marking S2000 cars so I'm pleased it looks like we will have 2 of them.

It'll be a shame when they are finally retired, but I'm pleased they will be around still next year. Teams like WSR and Halfords will be getting to the point in the next few years where they will be looking to upgrade to newer cars, so I guess Jason will look to change to s2000 machinery then.

PDS
21st November 2008, 18:42
There may two Lacetti's going cheap!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72210

Alfa Fan
21st November 2008, 18:50
There may two Lacetti's going cheap!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72210

"Both Lacettis are owned by Vaulkhard's father Nigel, who has decided against keeping the cars with the squad next season."

Doesn't necessarily mean they'll be for sale though does it. My interpretation was Mr Vaulkhard was planning to take them elsewhere.

PDS
21st November 2008, 19:10
I thought they were for sale? They have been advertised.

Do you think TKW are not capable of running them for Vaulkhard then?

VkmSpouge
21st November 2008, 19:21
Very good that Jason Hughes will be back next year.

mattie007
21st November 2008, 20:24
Yes!
Hopefully, a certain Mr Paul Luti will be alongside....

I wonder if MG UK are helping out? I understand they want to be back in touring cars and rallying.

VX_Rules
22nd November 2008, 10:47
"Both Lacettis are owned by Vaulkhard's father Nigel, who has decided against keeping the cars with the squad next season."

Doesn't necessarily mean they'll be for sale though does it. My interpretation was Mr Vaulkhard was planning to take them elsewhere.

Not too surprised. Those chevys should have been with the BMWs all season but Robertshaw didnt get the best out of them that they could. Northern South could have a go, I'm sure they would get them more competitive. Hope they're still in the BTCC next year though.

I know theres a lot of rumours at the moment, but the rumours going around are very ambitious ones especially in the current climate, I'm just being slightly sceptical about Ford and Vovlo currently as I desperately want another manufacturer in the mix but I don't want my hopes let down!

Any news on Tom OC?

He hasnt been testing with VX so I'm presuming (for now) he's not with them for next season, which is a shame.

mattie007
22nd November 2008, 14:04
Whos to say MG won't re-enter next season?

XPOWER is back!

VX_Rules
22nd November 2008, 17:25
:o hplease:

PDS
22nd November 2008, 18:30

Vaulkhard confirms the cars are for sale..

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/btcc/news/172007-0/btcc_vaulkhard_unsure_on_future_plans.html

reidy_fan
22nd November 2008, 19:41
Yes!
Hopefully, a certain Mr Paul Luti will be alongside....

I wonder if MG UK are helping out? I understand they want to be back in touring cars and rallying.

you heard anything concrete fron Luti as he hasnt been on hsi won forum for a while

hope he does get into BTCC, ho said that the MG is past it

mattie007
23rd November 2008, 12:50
:o hplease:

Typical response. Only trying to inject some enthusiasm in these gloomy times.

mattie007
23rd November 2008, 12:51
you heard anything concrete fron Luti as he hasnt been on hsi won forum for a while

hope he does get into BTCC, ho said that the MG is past it

Not yet mate, I asked him on his forum a while back but got no reply.

Maybe there is a reason he hasn't been on for a while.....!

Eurotech
23rd November 2008, 17:01
thats good news - I guess I jumped the gun a bit by saying goodbye to the MGs in the Brands Hatch thread, Woops!

VX_Rules
23rd November 2008, 17:05
Not yet mate, I asked him on his forum a while back but got no reply.

Maybe there is a reason he hasn't been on for a while.....!

Sorry that I'd rather see everyone on the field in equally competitive machinery. I think its about time soon that the BTC Spec cars aren't allowed. Maybe after next season.

VkmSpouge
23rd November 2008, 23:26
There's no point in banning them. They'll eventually become uncompetitive enough that no one will bother using them.

tisme
23rd November 2008, 23:47
They'll eventually become uncompetitive enough that no one will bother using them.

They are and they aren't!

BDunnell
24th November 2008, 00:32
There's no point in banning them. They'll eventually become uncompetitive enough that no one will bother using them.

I thought that time had already come.

Eurotech
24th November 2008, 16:35
I think that its good to have some sort of variety in the cars and the BTC spec cars do just that

VkmSpouge
24th November 2008, 19:10
I thought that time had already come.

Clearly not :p :

mattie007
24th November 2008, 21:24
I like the variety aswell, thats one of the reasons Im happy about the news!
Plus it means I can drive my ZS to the tracks knowing they are still blasting around with some of the best drivers and cars in the world.

IMO, the btc spec cars have a good battle between them and can still race competitivley alongside the S2000 cars. All last year we had Hughes, George, Doyle, Vaulkhard, Stockton, plus sometimes the Jordans and Jelley racing together.

Funny how knowone complains that Micky Doyle runs an old Civic.....

Eurotech
25th November 2008, 17:31
yeh, lets not forget that that Civic is only 1 or 2 years younger than the MG

DazzlaF1
26th November 2008, 19:21
Doesn't Fiona Leggate still own her MG from the 2007 season?

mattie007
26th November 2008, 22:30
yeh, lets not forget that that Civic is only 1 or 2 years younger than the MG

Didn't they Both start life at the end of the 01 season?

Doesn't Fiona Leggate still own her MG from the 2007 season?

Yep, But theres a little nipper on the way!

tdb
28th November 2008, 02:01
Fiona wants to race as soon as she can after the birth.

tdb
28th November 2008, 02:05
I see that Jason Hughes hopes to run 2 MG'S in the BTCC in 2009 yet again. hopefully it comes off as it means a bigger variety of cars which has been 1 of the strenths of the BTCC in recen years.

And Jason announced he'd bought an integra last year too! what happened to that??

Eurotech
29th November 2008, 13:00
lets not get back into this again!

mattie007
29th November 2008, 15:01
Apparently the Integra got seized as part of fraud/drugs bust!

PDS
29th November 2008, 17:51
What utter nonsense!

Pinkney still has the Integra that Hughes was suppossed to be buying!

tdb
29th November 2008, 23:50

A Very stupid thing to post!

Eurotech
30th November 2008, 21:07
what I don't get is why Pinkney used that crap Alfa in 2007 when he had an Integra in his garage and why didn't he use it last year?

rob01
30th November 2008, 21:53
yeah ok the MGs are old now but its a boost for grid numbers which is always good for the championship

mattie007
30th November 2008, 22:10
A Very stupid thing to post!

It was, but I was just posting from what I had read in another forum.

Sorry!

Anyway, Paul Luti is close apparently. Just waiting to hear from sponsors!