PDA

View Full Version : Kronos/BFGoodrich drivers team again in 2009 ???

Tom206wrc
20th November 2008, 09:16
Hi,

It looks like the BFGoodrich drivers team will be part of 2009 IRC too(starting in Monte-Carlo ??) :confused:

http://www.autoklub.pl/22360,news.html

Tom206wrc
20th November 2008, 10:25
Ho dear !!! Only five rounds of IRC09 will be concerned about the BFGoodrich drivers team !!!! :( :(
http://www.rallyes.net/20081120/bf-goodrich-continua-con-el-programa-drivers-team-en-2009/

Therefore a company like BFGoodrich being worldwide they would certainly take benefit to take part to non-european events :mark:

Why so few events(and in Europe there are even more events than five)??? :rolleyes:

Sulland
20th December 2008, 18:47
I would actually hope for a new system, at least for 1 or two rallies this year.

That would be that the fans will wote instead of journalists - I think that BF would benefit from that, when they sell tyres.

The next time I am to buy new rubber for my car, and had been part of voting for who should get the BF car - BF/Michelin would get on the top of my list.

I think they would sell a lot more tyres if they involve the public in this !!

RS
21st December 2008, 12:27
Not a bad idea Sulland, maybe fans could vote, and then journalists could pick from the top 3 or something?

I have Michelins on the front of my Octavia and Roomster came with Bridgestone, but maybe when they are due for renewal I will change to Michelin or BFG :)

Tom206wrc
8th January 2009, 15:31
I don't know how trusty and reliable these news are(read on a french forum)but it looks like Alexandre Bengué and Arnaud Augoyard(winner of the trophée BFGoodrich 2008 in french tarmac championship with a 306 Maxi)would also be candidate for the drive at Monte-Carlo :confused:

From same source I've read that Gilles Panizzi in fact refused to send his candidature :mark:

If all that being true, Alex Bengué(codriven as always by his girlfriend Caroline Escudero)could largely, to my point of view, be the driver chosen by BFGoodrich and Kronos for the first IRC09 event :D

Anyway, answer TOMORROW :)

urabus-denoS2000
8th January 2009, 15:39
Bengue would be a perfect choise!

Of course there always one better.......Seb Loeb ;)

Tom206wrc
8th January 2009, 15:42
Bengue would be a perfect choise!

Of course there always one better.......Seb Loeb ;)

Sébastien Ogier would also be enough :p :

urabus-denoS2000
8th January 2009, 16:01
Oh,forgot him,sure he would be enough ;)

But realistically,there were rumors that Seb would start in Monte Carlo,why not in the BFG car.

He is an unproven young talent after all ;)

RS
8th January 2009, 16:11
Bengue would be good, he won a couple of stages when he did Monte in the Fabia as far as I can remember.

Panizzi I don't think will try, he has said he wants to make way for the young guns and feels he doesn't have the speed anymore. He did say he was offered to drive the Skoda on Monte, but decided not to for these reasons I believe.

Simmi
8th January 2009, 17:28
I'm hoping Bengue gets the drive. He could definately be in contention for a podium I think.

I wasn't paying that close attention last year but what was the best position the BFG car came last year? Valousek 4th in Barum?

wwbroe
8th January 2009, 17:51
I'm hoping Bengue gets the drive. He could definately be in contention for a podium I think.

I wasn't paying that close attention last year but what was the best position the BFG car came last year? Valousek 4th in Barum?

I think you may be right, because Snijers came in "only" fifth in Ypres, so i guess it was Valousek who made best result. :D

NRI
8th January 2009, 18:21
There was a lot of candidats for MC. French federation "FFSA" selected 20 of them before th elast five nominated drivers.

some names : C.Robert, A.Bengué, G.Canivenq, E.Mauffrey, E.Guigou, A.Augoyard, N.Bernardi, B.Tirabassi ... but the two hot favourite guys are Y.Bonato and JS.Vigion !

Tom206wrc
8th January 2009, 18:25
Cédric Robert too is on candidat list ???? :eek: :eek:

NRI
8th January 2009, 18:53
Cédric Robert too is on candidat list ???? :eek: :eek:

yes.

Tom206wrc
8th January 2009, 18:57
And do you know the name of the 5 finalists NRI ??? :confused:

Mirek
8th January 2009, 20:04
Hard to vote for one. Very strong group of drivers...

Tom206wrc
9th January 2009, 10:05
I impatiently wait for today news :)

NRI
9th January 2009, 13:15
And do you know the name of the 5 finalists NRI ??? :confused:

No the 5 drivers are reveal this morning to the jury.

Tom206wrc
9th January 2009, 13:32
SEBASTIEN OGIER would be the choice for Monte-Carlo(freshly read on a french rally forum) !!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I didn't even know he was among candidates for BFGoodrich drive :confused:

NRI
9th January 2009, 13:47
the 5 are :

- OGIER
- BONATO
- VIGION
- BOUFFIER
- BENGUE

Tom206wrc
9th January 2009, 13:50
Even Bouffier ???? Wow !!! :eek:

Had he recovered enough from his bicylcle accident ??? :confused:
If yes I would have chosen him instead of others for his full experience of S2000 :mark:

NRI
9th January 2009, 14:16
Even Bouffier ???? Wow !!! :eek:

Had he recovered enough from his bicylcle accident ??? :confused:
If yes I would have chosen him instead of others for his full experience of S2000 :mark:

I agree and I hope for him. Go Bryan and Xav'

Tom206wrc
9th January 2009, 14:21
I agree and I hope for him. Go Bryan and Xav'

Too late, Ogier is the definitive choice :mark:

He at least has a little experience of Monte-Carlo(less than Alex Bengué I guess though) ;)

[Madeira-Rally]
9th January 2009, 14:58
Too late, Ogier is the definitive choice :mark:

He at least has a little experience of Monte-Carlo(less than Alex Bengué I guess though) ;)

I'ts official?

PLuto
9th January 2009, 15:32
Yes - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7814

Tom206wrc
9th January 2009, 15:48
On different french forums people seem disappointed by the choice... :confused:

Therefore about Sébastien Ogier:

-He's among the immediatly fastest and most reliable promising(and not only among french)young drivers
-He's developping the 2010 C3 S2000+ and can collect useful datas on the 207 S2000

What Kronos is seeking first is immediatly results against contenders like Abarth and Skoda, not to give a chance to a driver looking promising but finally unable to match pace of the first ones with an S2000(I think for example about Italian Andrea Torlasco, very fast in Clio R3, but quite off in the BFG 207 at Sanremo last year)... :mark:

So yes, we could be disappointed a french crew who never got into an S2000 not being the choice(and certainly deserving a chance)but that would be a kind of risk for Kronos when you have drivers like Basso, Rossetti, Gardemeister, Kopecky, Hänninen, etc as main contenders :s

Only Bryan Bouffier huge driver we all know, escapes from the cliché of "unexperienced S2000 driver"...but was he completely FIT after his accident(broken arm) :confused:

[Madeira-Rally]
9th January 2009, 16:12
For me the choice would be Alex Bengue...

teufel
9th January 2009, 16:41
]For me the choice would be Alex Bengue...

for me also :(

Buzz Lightyear
9th January 2009, 16:52
Sink or swim for Ogier. Good luck to him.

RS
9th January 2009, 17:10
Ogier surprises me too - not the choice of Ogier but the fact he applied. Great driver for BFG, but it seems a little selfish of him to take the drive from one of the other French drivers when he already has a C4 WRC drive for next year. Anyhow, it'll be great to follow him on Monte. I wonder if he can repeat his SS1 stage win on Monte that he did on Rally GB? :)

alleskids
9th January 2009, 17:14
He swom un top of every WRC driver in Wales for most of the first day.

tolis
9th January 2009, 17:18
Good luck to ogier and let's hope to win the rally!!!!

Tom206wrc
9th January 2009, 17:38
Ogier surprises me too - not the choice of Ogier but the fact he applied. Great driver for BFG, but it seems a little selfish of him to take the drive from one of the other French drivers when he already has a C4 WRC drive for next year. Anyhow, it'll be great to follow him on Monte. I wonder if he can repeat his SS1 stage win on Monte that he did on Rally GB? :)

That's also a bit selfish from drivers like Wilslow, Qassimi and Rautenbach to take place of more skilled drivers in WRC, no ??? :p :

noel157
9th January 2009, 17:52
That's also a bit selfish from drivers like Wilslow, Qassimi and Rautenbach to take place of more skilled drivers in WRC, no ??? :p :

Those guys pay for the seat in one way or another. Isn't the BFG seat free?

Simmi
9th January 2009, 18:35
I dont see Ogier being any worse then someone like Bengue in terms of being fair. You could argue Bengue had chances in the WRC at the highest level.

I suppose the question with this seat has to be the line between giving young talent a chance they would not ordinarily get - and in doing so give promising local drivers some quality experience in a good car. OR do they want the very best free driver to gain the maximum results?

To my mind this particular 207 should be removed from any manufacturer or team point scoring - and in doing so it would remove the need to hire an established driver. That would be a better gesture from BfG IMO.

RS
9th January 2009, 19:30
I dont see Ogier being any worse then someone like Bengue in terms of being fair. You could argue Bengue had chances in the WRC at the highest level.

I suppose the question with this seat has to be the line between giving young talent a chance they would not ordinarily get - and in doing so give promising local drivers some quality experience in a good car. OR do they want the very best free driver to gain the maximum results?

To my mind this particular 207 should be removed from any manufacturer or team point scoring - and in doing so it would remove the need to hire an established driver. That would be a better gesture from BfG IMO.

But BFG aren't scoring manufacturer points and if they pay for the car they shouldn't be under pressure from Peugeot in this respect. I'm delighted to see Ogier there, but rather would have seen him in a Peugeot Sport 207 and another of those many talented drivers on the list get the BFG car.

Mirek
9th January 2009, 21:25
But BFG aren't scoring manufacturer points

Each Peugeot is allowed to score manufacturer points no matter the team or driver ;)

urabus-denoS2000
9th January 2009, 21:25
Any top Peugeots score points for Peugeot

Still think Loeb would be the best choise ;)

RS
9th January 2009, 21:59
]Each Peugeot is allowed to score manufacturer points no matter the team or driver ;)

Yes, I know, but BFG don't have to chose on who is best for Peugeot, unless they have some special deal. Of course, best driver for BFG should also be best for Peugeot

Simmi
10th January 2009, 00:48
This is the point I was trying to make before. How do you define who is the 'best' choice? Does it mean best as in who will get the maximum result and can maybe challenge for a win. Or is the 'best' driver who deserves a chance to show his skills and hopefully make a name for himself. I had always thought it was meant to be a showcase for young deserving local talent being given a free drive - which there is not enough of in rallying. There is basically zero opportunity for anything like this apart from what tyre rivals Pirelli are doing.

So I can see why people in France would maybe be a bit upset when this seat goes to Ogier, who has ALREADY got the best opportunity of any young French driver. Of course he is a great driver and it is good for the IRC to have him in the field. But in this car I think maybe not so much - it could have gone to someone who isn't essentially a factory WRC driver.

There are a lot of positives he and Peugeot and Citroen can gain from this, and also a lot of good publicity to bring in more French spectators. This is why I feel BFG are not the only ones who decide who goes in the car.

Buzz Lightyear
10th January 2009, 00:58
This is the point I was trying to make before. How do you define who is the 'best' choice? Does it mean best as in who will get the maximum result and can maybe challenge for a win. Or is the 'best' driver who deserves a chance to show his skills and hopefully make a name for himself. I had always thought it was meant to be a showcase for young deserving local talent being given a free drive - which there is not enough of in rallying. There is basically zero opportunity for anything like this apart from what tyre rivals Pirelli are doing.

So I can see why people in France would maybe be a bit upset when this seat goes to Ogier, who has ALREADY got the best opportunity of any young French driver. Of course he is a great driver and it is good for the IRC to have him in the field. But in this car I think maybe not so much - it could have gone to someone who isn't essentially a factory WRC driver.

There are a lot of positives he and Peugeot and Citroen can gain from this, and also a lot of good publicity to bring in more French spectators. This is why I feel BFG are not the only ones who decide who goes in the car.

Never underestimate to power of the French in France.

Luis Pacheco
20th January 2009, 23:06
http://alojamentos19.com/~ralis/bfgrpdrte09.html

Tom206wrc
20th January 2009, 23:23

I wonder what english driver will get the BFGoodrich drive in Scotland :confused:

noel157
21st January 2009, 01:29
I wonder what english driver will get the BFGoodrich drive in Scotland :confused:

Or Scottish driver?
Will be interesting to see Tom.

FabiaFan
21st January 2009, 02:16
For Barum rally I cannot imagine anybody else than Valoušek once more. Semerád is "out" because of the "Pirelli deal". Funny is, that BFG offers car for BARUM rally - Barum is also a tyre make (a Continental brand)

Tom206wrc
21st January 2009, 10:58
For Barum rally I cannot imagine anybody else than Valoušek once more. Semerád is "out" because of the "Pirelli deal". Funny is, that BFG offers car for BARUM rally - Barum is also a tyre make (a Continental brand)

What about Kresta or Prokop :confused:

RS
21st January 2009, 11:12
What about Kresta or Prokop :confused:

Good point! I can't see BFG choosing the same driver 2 years in a row.

Tom206wrc
24th January 2009, 10:22
Will the BFGoodrich Kronos operation have other fantastic success on other event(can't do better than winning like did Ogier this night) ??? :D :D

It's fully possible, if they chose THE RIGHT driver to do that(Duval at Ypres, for example)... ;)

Wim_Impreza
24th January 2009, 10:49
Tom: Duval was never that great in Ypres, he had accidents with Focus WRC and Puma S1600 there. They could better take Snijers again, Casier or Princen.

FabiaFan
24th January 2009, 21:59
Good point! I can't see BFG choosing the same driver 2 years in a row.

Kresta - will be there with a 207 anyway
Prokop - has also car(s), but not a S2000, that's an option
Pech - possibility Nr. 2, his Evo IX is not able to reach top 5 otherwise

Nobody else is able to repeat MC success...

But my favourite would be Enge! If he's interested...

FabiaFan
24th January 2009, 22:00
Tom: Duval was never that great in Ypres, he had accidents with Focus WRC and Puma S1600 there. They could better take Snijers again, Casier or Princen. You can't be serious...

Wim_Impreza
24th January 2009, 22:47
Snijers, Casier and Princen has much more experience in the past than Duval in Ypres and also better results. I am serious. The last time Duval competed in Ypres was in 2002.

wwbroe
1st May 2009, 09:46
Today was start of entries for BF Goodrich driver for Ypres Rally. From today untill 22th of may, everybody except last year's winner Snijers can enter the contest. From all entries a selection of five pilots will be made by Kronos and BF. A group of journalists will choose the winner on 29 th of may. ;)

Tom206wrc
1st May 2009, 10:58
I want Melissa Debackere in the BF 207 at Ypres :bounce:

Mirek
1st May 2009, 11:48
As far as I know Melissa had problems to adapt on Polo S2000 while testing. In my opinion gr.N is better choice for her.

Mirek
1st May 2009, 11:54
Kresta - will be there with a 207 anyway
Prokop - has also car(s), but not a S2000, that's an option
Pech - possibility Nr. 2, his Evo IX is not able to reach top 5 otherwise

Nobody else is able to repeat MC success...

But my favourite would be Enge! If he's interested...

Prokop is possible, Enge not in my opinion. If he drives, than with Lancer from CHRS (last year they said he wanted but there was no free car). Pech with Lancer most probably. Vojtěch or Orsák will be among the top candidates in my opinion.

Tom206wrc
1st May 2009, 12:02
]As far as I know Melissa had problems to adapt on Polo S2000 while testing. In my opinion gr.N is better choice for her.

The 207 being different to the Polo, perhaps she could adapt better to it ;)

wwbroe
1st May 2009, 15:48
The 207 being different to the Polo, perhaps she could adapt better to it ;)

I doubt it Tom, i don't think it would be good choice to put her in BF Goodrich car. ;)

J4MIE
2nd May 2009, 00:50
Or Scottish driver?
Will be interesting to see Tom.

Of course presuming they look for a Scottish driver rather than one from the whole of the UK, then there really is only one choice.... hopefully we'll get to see how he compares to the rest of the IRC regulars :)

urabus-denoS2000
2nd May 2009, 02:18
I wan't to see Pech in a 207 but somehow I doubt it...

Prokop would be good ;)

noel157
2nd May 2009, 13:35
Of course presuming they look for a Scottish driver rather than one from the whole of the UK, then there really is only one choice.... hopefully we'll get to see how he compares to the rest of the IRC regulars :)

Yes, Bogie would be good.

If the whole of the UK bit of a long list....

Tom206wrc
21st May 2009, 11:25
When do we know the chosen driver for Ypres ???? :confused:

mousti
21st May 2009, 16:16
Tomorrow the inscriptions will be closed!

Tom206wrc
23rd May 2009, 14:32
No news yet ???? :confused:

wwbroe
23rd May 2009, 16:54
No news yet ???? :confused:

Patience Tom, the winner will only be chosen on the 29th of may. ;)

Tom206wrc
28th May 2009, 10:26
No rumour/news about the finalists of BFGoodrich drivers for Ypres ??? :confused:

Ouninpohja
28th May 2009, 10:39
jury meets tomorrow, friday 29/5

http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=5740

if you can read between the lines, you should guess who will be the 5 nominated candidates...

Integrale
28th May 2009, 15:01
Faut-il donner sa chance à un jeune qui n’a encore jamais piloté de S2000?
--> Thierry Neuville

Faut-il penser à remercier un fidèle du championnat et quelqu’un qui a investi énormément dans le rallye?
--> Pieter Tsjoen

Faut-il penser à assurer un maximum de retombées aux promoteurs de l’opération?
--> Melissa Debackere

Faut-il donner une seconde chance à un espoir qui n’a pas connu beaucoup de réussite par le passé?
--> Princen? Viaene?

Tomorrow the results of the vote?

Mirek
28th May 2009, 15:07
Princen is driving Clio R3 Trophy in Spain in the same date as Ypres (I would love to see him in BFG car...) ;)

karlzoro
28th May 2009, 15:45
]Princen is driving Clio R3 Trophy in Spain in the same date as Ypres (I would love to see him in BFG car...) ;)

normally he is...but I think that if he has that chance he will take it with both hands...
I think it's gonna be Neuville :rolleyes:

Mirek
28th May 2009, 15:46
Neuville is also a good joice in my opinion (of course Princen is better).

Tom206wrc
28th May 2009, 16:25
I still hope for Miss Debackere :bounce:

mousti
28th May 2009, 18:17
I still hope for Miss Debackere :bounce:
I hope it also! Princen too but had already the chance to prove it too the world but blew it then :( .

But I think it will be Neuville he's from Wallony and drives now for RACB so pretty obvious, okay he's a great talent but still Debackere deserves it much more than him atm.

karlzoro
28th May 2009, 19:30
you can see Neuville & Dabackere @ work on my rally video from last weekend:
Debackere comes first with the Corolla, Neuville with the yellow C2...impressing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVzshd6JjFU

have fun

Mirek
28th May 2009, 19:38
Thank's for the video, Kevin. Do You know how is Bart Hissink now?

karlzoro
28th May 2009, 20:02
you can see Neuville & Dabackere @ work on my rally video from last weekend:
Debackere comes first with the Corolla, Neuville with the yellow C2...impressing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVzshd6JjFU

have fun

the direct link to the video:

QVzshd6JjFU

wwbroe
28th May 2009, 20:59
]Thank's for the video, Kevin. Do You know how is Bart Hissink now?

Hey Mirek, there is no more news from Hissink, at least not that i know of. The latest news that i heard was that they were supposed to let him wake up slowly starting from wednesday, but i didn't here any news since then. :(

Tom206wrc
29th May 2009, 09:27
OK today is the revealation of the BFGoodrich driver for Ypres :p :

Rallytourist
29th May 2009, 12:01
Thierry Neuville will drive the BF Goodrich car :p

Tom206wrc
29th May 2009, 12:57
I read that too...he may be a good and promising driver I'd personally had still chosen Melissa :p :

wwbroe
29th May 2009, 12:57
Thierry Neuville will drive the BF Goodrich car :p

Yes, the choice has been announced, it will be Neuville in in the BF Goodrich Peugeot. He received 8 votes and Debackere 6 votes. So i guess Melissa will have to look for something else to drive in Ypres. ;)

ProRally
29th May 2009, 15:10
Finally a good decision to give it to a young driver and not to a 'old' one who had his chances decenia ago...

noel157
14th June 2009, 23:41
I know little about Thierry Neuville. Is he well thought of in Belgium? A talent for the future, capable of a top 6 in Ypres?

wwbroe
15th June 2009, 07:50
I know little about Thierry Neuville. Is he well thought of in Belgium? A talent for the future, capable of a top 6 in Ypres?

He is still young driver, but very talented in my opinion. He has been running in Fiesta St last year and this year he is using a Citroen C2R2Max, with this car he was unbeatable sofar in Belgium. Also in his first rally in France he made very good impression. So IMO he might be very capable of finishing in top 6 in Ypres. We will see. :)

wwbroe
20th July 2009, 17:19
What about BF Goodrich drive for Barum Rally? Any news about possible candidates for this drive and when it will be announced? :D

Tom206wrc
20th July 2009, 19:02
And what about Sanremo ??? :p :

Tom206wrc
2nd August 2009, 09:09
About 20 days before Barum rally start...news about the BFGoodrich driver ??? Especially the date of the announcement... :confused:

Sulland
2nd August 2009, 13:16
Do we know who the canditates are ?

Mirek
2nd August 2009, 14:06
The final vote is tomorrow. We know absolutely nothing...

Pinto
6th August 2009, 22:51
Martin Prokop got the gig didnt he

Tom206wrc
13th August 2009, 00:49
Martin Prokop got the gig didnt he

No idea about who were the other contenders ??? :confused: :confused:

Mirek
13th August 2009, 01:07
Jan Černý, Jaroslav Orsák, Martin Prokop, Jaromír Tarabus and Eva Vykydalová

urabus-denoS2000
13th August 2009, 02:58
Who is Eva Vykydalova?

Mirek
13th August 2009, 11:14
Female driver, to tell the truth I don't know why she was in final five except that she is female...

urabus-denoS2000
13th August 2009, 13:05
I thought so,I have heard of talented Czech drivers in small cars but never heard of her

Tom206wrc
13th August 2009, 17:37
]Female driver, to tell the truth I don't know why she was in final five except that she is female...

I would have imagined it was because she was a "czech Melissa Debackere" :s

Wim_Impreza
13th August 2009, 21:04
No Tom, Eva always drove in smaller cars and she is not that fast.

Tom206wrc
14th August 2009, 10:33
]Jan Černý, Jaroslav Orsák, Martin Prokop, Jaromír Tarabus and Eva Vykydalová

I thought Tarabus had a kind of "link" with FIAT(as he drives a Grande Punto since last year) :confused:

[Madeira-Rally]
14th August 2009, 10:52
And... Tarabus will have support from official team in Barum...

RS
25th August 2009, 13:02
BFG have said that the shortlist of 5 for Sanremo has already been put forward. Anyone know who the 5 are?

Tom206wrc
25th August 2009, 13:36
Interesting :confused:

Tom206wrc
29th August 2009, 09:33
LUCA CANTAMESSA(with 8 votes) has been chosen by Kronos and BFGoodrich for Sanremo !!!! :) :) :)

Other choices were Elwis Chentre(7 votes)and Alessandro Bettega(5 votes) ;)

Good choice according to me :up:

wwbroe
29th August 2009, 12:44
LUCA CANTAMESSA(with 8 votes) has been chosen by Kronos and BFGoodrich for Sanremo !!!!

I agree with you Tom, alltough Chentre would have deserved it as well. :D

noel157
29th August 2009, 14:09
LUCA CANTAMESSA(with 8 votes) has been chosen by Kronos and BFGoodrich for Sanremo !!!! :) :) :)

Think he is top Grp N in the CIR but know little about him. Didn't he used to drive a Subaru before changing to an Evo 9? Is he good, the right choice for the BFG drive?
Always thought young Bettega had a future but he seems to have had little exposure this season.

Mirek
29th August 2009, 14:39
I would prefere Chentre personaly but not bad choice anyway.

Tom206wrc
29th August 2009, 15:13
The fact is Kronos and BFGoodrich have already chosen a young promising but unexperienced(of S2000/GrN/4WD cars)driver in the past for Sanremo: Andrea Torlasco... :mark:

Very good driver in the Renault Clios(GrN/R3)but wasn't fantastic at all in the 4WD 207 S2000 :s

Fortuneately Elwis Chentre drove and with talent, the Xsara/206 WRC so has got interesting experience of 4WD though... ;)

noel157
23rd September 2009, 11:27
The UK ASN this morning opened applications and released the timetable for the BFG Scotland drive. Looks like the selected driver will be from all of the UK rather than just Scotland.

MSA opens applications for BFGoodrich and Kronos Racing entry on Intercontinental Rally Challenge Rally of Scotland.

BFGoodrich and Kronos Racing, in association with the Motor Sports Association – governing body of UK motor sport – are offering a fully-funded entry for a British rally driver to compete in the Scottish round of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge (IRC) on November 19-21.
The 2009 BFGoodrich Drivers Team was set up to provide a fully-funded opportunity for a local driver to contest five of the IRC’s 12 rounds in Monte Carlo, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Italy and now Scotland.

The MSA is inviting applications from drivers wishing to be considered for selection to contest the Rally of Scotland in the BFGoodrich Drivers Team’s Peugeot 207 Super 2000. There is no age limit, but applicants must be British citizens and must hold an MSA International Rally competition licence.
The applicants will be reduced to a shortlist of five drivers put forward for consideration by a jury that will include representatives of the British media. The final selection will be made on 6th November and the winner announced the same day.
The winning crew will be given a test session in the week of the event to familiarise themselves with the Peugeot 207 Super 2000, with BFGoodrich's range of tyres and with the staff at Kronos Racing.
The selected crew will then take part in the Scottish round of the IRC in the colours of BFGoodrich/Kronos in the same conditions as the team's other three drivers, including British star and current IRC championship leader Kris Meeke (pictured above), who will be competing in a similar Peugeot 207.

"The BFGoodrich Drivers Team is an illustration of BFGoodrich's real commitment to rallying and gives us a chance to showcase the performance of our products and our dynamism," says Nick Shorrock, Director of the Michelin Group's Competition Department.

"We have been loyal to BFGoodrich ever since the brand arrived in rallying, and we are particularly proud to have had this chance to work with its staff on such an exciting project," underlines Kronos Racing Director Marc Van Dalen. "The BFGoodrich Drivers Team is a unique operation which represents an exceptional opportunity for the selected drivers."

“This is a fantastic initiative from BFGoodrich and we are delighted to support it,” says Colin Hilton, MSA Chief Executive. “The UK is blessed with some extremely talented rally drivers and whichever one of them is selected for this drive, I am sure they will make the most of the opportunity.”

Programme and timetable:
October 26: The deadline for interested crews to forward their application to the MSA to be considered for the drive is midday on October 26, 2009. UK motor sport’s governing body will forward the list of drivers to BFGoodrich and Kronos management who will draw up a shortlist of five crews.

November 6: BFGoodrich and Kronos will set up a jury which will include representatives of the British media. In a secret vote, this jury will then nominate the crew which will be given the opportunity to contest the Rally of Scotland in the programme's Peugeot 207 Super 2000. The selected crew will take part in the Scottish round of the IRC in the colours of BFGoodrich/Kronos in the same conditions as the team's other three drivers, namely Freddy Loix, Nicolas Vouilloz and Kris Meeke, all of whom will be competing in similar Peugeot 207 Super 2000s.

November 16: a test session will be organised in the region visited by the rally to give the nominated driver a chance to familiarise himself with the Peugeot 207, with BFGoodrich's range of tyres and with the staff at Kronos Racing.

November 19-21: the crew will contest the Royal Automobile Club Motor Sports Association Rally of Scotland.

AndyRAC
24th September 2009, 09:23
'Representives of the British media' :- Hm, that shouldn't take long then - are there many people who work in Rallying media who are British? I can think of only a handful.

noel157
5th November 2009, 19:00
Official announcement tomorrow for rally Scotland.

Wilks?

Tom206wrc
5th November 2009, 20:04
Can't wait for the news :cool:

Sulland
5th November 2009, 20:28
Any news on who was nominated ?

Tom206wrc
6th November 2009, 09:56
Yes news :confused:

Buzz Lightyear
6th November 2009, 10:08
Tom, people are still having their breakfast here in UK.. calm down.

noel157
6th November 2009, 10:30
This is only an educated guess but the winner might come from this group of drivers:

G Wilks
D Weston Jnr
M McCormick
G Evans
M Higgins
A Gould
D Bogie

AndyRAC
6th November 2009, 10:52
Should it be one of the 'old guard'? Or one of the new young guys?

farquar wrc
6th November 2009, 12:20
Should it be one of the 'old guard'? Or one of the new young guys?
One of the young guns,Bogie,Weston,Thorburn or Fisher,but it would be interesting to see how quick old Gwyndaf would make it go

noel157
6th November 2009, 13:56
Adam Gould is BFG driver for Rally Scotland.

RS
6th November 2009, 13:58
Good decision.

Wilks withdrew his entry after lining up his Skoda drive. I like it that he stepped aside to give somebody a better chance.

noel157
6th November 2009, 14:07
Good decision.

Wilks withdrew his entry after lining up his Skoda drive. I like it that he stepped aside to give somebody a better chance.

I suspect Guy thinks he's in a better car......

Full details http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80042

noel157
6th November 2009, 14:10
Haven't been impressed with Gould this season but maybe having been paying much attention to him. Is he any good?
McShea after after his RI performance would have been a better bet?

Tom206wrc
6th November 2009, 14:59
Don't know Gould so don't know what to think about this decision :confused:

AndyRAC
6th November 2009, 15:11
Don't know Gould so don't know what to think about this decision :confused:

I'd say he's had a disappointing season, and in a Pirelli sponsored car!! Not who I would have picked. Good luck anyway.

Sulland
6th November 2009, 15:23
Gould is thought to be one of the brightest talents in the UK I have read, so lets hope he is a quick learner ! Gr N drivers are driving the S2000 cars with to much left brake in the beginning, and wearing out the pads.

Good luck Adam !

RS
6th November 2009, 15:34
I'm a bit surprised that the Higgins brothers didn't go for the drive. Maybe they preferred to stand aside for some younger talent.

Gould isn't a big name, but all of the most experienced and quickest Brits around at the moment already have drives for Scotland.

J4MIE
6th November 2009, 18:23
I think it's a good decision, I have not seen much of him this year as I have only been to one BRC event but he looked awesome when he was in his Clio
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v284/125/80/529115611/n529115611_3142495_8451.jpg

It will be interesting to see how he goes but glad that it has gone to a younger driver to give them a chance, rather than Higgins, Wilks etc (even though I love watching them...).

Wasted Talent
6th November 2009, 22:13
Gould is thought to be one of the brightest talents in the UK I have read

Not by that many people........

WT

Pinto
7th November 2009, 15:06
Gould is thought to be one of the brightest talents in the UK I have read, so lets hope he is a quick learner ! Gr N drivers are driving the S2000 cars with to much left brake in the beginning, and wearing out the pads.

Good luck Adam !

not a hope dont know where you are reading your info but most wouldnt rate him highly,
ali fisher started the year on the same footing having never driven a gpn car and he kicked his ass big time in the brc,and dont be suprised if hes not far off him time wise on this rally with his own evo,
what a joke to disgaurd niall mcshea the selection team must be blind not to see what he is, give the man the car and he be there or there abouts we all know what he done in a few stages in rallyireland in a fairy middle of the road s2000 car.,
it just shows you that thes tyre company prize drives are more or less a farce

noel157
13th November 2009, 01:17
Is BFG considering continuing the scheme next season?

Sulland
13th November 2009, 07:39
Not by that many people........

WT

So rate the in your opinion top talent from 1 to 5 please ?

Tom206wrc
13th November 2009, 10:05
Is BFG considering continuing the scheme next season?

Good question :confused:
Depends on Kronos plans I guess...

noel157
13th November 2009, 10:35
So rate the in your opinion top talent from 1 to 5 please ?

Evans, Miggins and Wilks from England/Scotland/Wales, maybe Bogie too (no particular order). That's it, is there anybody else?

RS
13th November 2009, 13:54
Mark Higgins applied for this drive but strangely didn't even make the final 5! I'm guessing that Kronos/BFG and the judges were favouring a younger driver and that is why drivers like Mark and in the final run down McShea didn't really get any support.

Tom206wrc
12th December 2009, 10:16
http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/news/koniec-programu-bfgoodrich,27474

:confused:

RS
12th December 2009, 10:18
http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/news/koniec-programu-bfgoodrich,27474

:confused:

Yes, BFG programme is over :(

Tom206wrc
12th December 2009, 10:25
I wasn't sure about the word "Koniec"... :mark: