PDA

View Full Version : TG Should Call Up Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman

Chamoo
20th November 2008, 05:41
TG should put in a call to the owners of the HOF Racing Team which is reportedly circling the drain and explain to them that they can take their DLP sponsorship from Nascar, cut it in half and run in the IRL and be competitive.

He should do whatever he can to entice them to come over to the IRL instead of shutting down. It would add to the car count and send a blow to Nascar.

MDS
20th November 2008, 09:05
lol

First of all, Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman sold their stakes in the team to a couple of front office guys for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Second the DLP contract is for NASCAR, and they can't just take their sponsor's money to the IRL.

I'd be suprised if that team ever amounts to anything. They've seemed to lost their relationship with Gibbs and at least half of their sponsorship. JJ Yelley essentially called them disfunctional

Chamoo
20th November 2008, 13:03
lol

First of all, Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman sold their stakes in the team to a couple of front office guys for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Second the DLP contract is for NASCAR, and they can't just take their sponsor's money to the IRL.

I'd be suprised if that team ever amounts to anything. They've seemed to lost their relationship with Gibbs and at least half of their sponsorship. JJ Yelley essentially called them disfunctional

Sorry, I was not aware they had sold their share. I was on their website and their names are still on the site as owners so I figured it was up to date.

As for the DLP sponsorship, obviously it is a Nascar contract, but I am saying if they can get an equivalant sponsorship or convince DLP to follow them to the IRL, it would not be a bad thing to see them in the ICS.