PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts about group R

OldF
18th November 2008, 14:37
As far as I know there aren’t many group R cars at the moment. The only ones I know are.
R2: Citroën C2
R3: Renault Clio, Honda Civic
R3T: Peugeot 207 1,6 turbo

So far not much competition in the different R groups.

IMO it’s odd that the dampers have to be homologated in group R (707b Shock absorbers: The chock absorbers must be either original or homologated in the table of the VR form) compared to group N where they are free.

Mirek
18th November 2008, 14:46
R3D: Fiat Punto JTD

In the future Škoda Fabia R2 (practicaly sure)

Rumours: Fiat 500 R1 or R2, Renault Twingo R2, Ford Fiesta R2 or R3, Proton Satria Neo R3

urabus-denoS2000
18th November 2008, 14:48
R3D:Fiat Grande Punto

Im surprised that there are so few R cars.
It seems as a great group to me.

There are also some 206 R3 specification.It was driven by Ojeda last year in Spain and also Rok Turk has one in Slovenia

urabus-denoS2000
18th November 2008, 14:51
Mirek you were a few moments faster than me on the Punto info ;)

I am very happy if the R2 Fabia is practically sure

HaCo
18th November 2008, 16:01
Opel Corsa R3T was planned as well I thought.

I think the classes are great. If you see the performance of Thiry and Ogier in Condroz 2 weeks ago, waaaaw. :D

Also Kris Princen, who couldn't afford an S1600 is steeling the show now with is R3!

The R classes are certainly an improvement on the S1600 class!!!

Sulland
19th November 2008, 06:34
I also think they are the way to go.

Use the current R1 to R3 scheme, and just add R4 (S2000) and the world is rady to go on !! :p

jure dvorsek
19th November 2008, 10:53
I'm very satesfied with the way R class is progressing, specialy R3 clio's. I had this season opportunity to watch some races in Italy and there were each time great battles between drivers in ''Trofeorally Clio R3''! On some occasions they were already faster as S1600 class, for the next year with new homologated parts I belive they will be in front of S1600 cars! Evertyhing depens on a quality of the driver(s), normaly....But the car Clio R3 itself will be teoreticaly on the same level as S1600...
The same story goes for a small Citroën C2 R2 Max. Those two cars have also a factory backup and this is most important. This fact is most disturbing fact in case of Honda Civic R3-it has stronger engine as Clio, but also very unreliable...