PDA

View Full Version : Gareth MacHALE

sills
5th February 2007, 04:49
Can everyone not say it was a great result for gareth in his first run in a new car it was simple average as he got eniliated by the top 2 Marcus and Eugene, nearly 3 minues of Marcus and if eugene had finished it would of been about the same and dont forget eugene had a bigger learning curve than Gareth. Gareth said on the radio last night that he had a good run all week-end and was happy that he was on the pace with the likes of higgins and donnelly he was no where near the pace of donnelly I don't know what he was on about sayg he was on the same pace as eugene......

cut the b.s.
5th February 2007, 12:25
Can everyone not say it was a great result for gareth in his first run in a new car it was simple average as he got eniliated by the top 2 Marcus and Eugene, nearly 3 minues of Marcus and if eugene had finished it would of been about the same and dont forget eugene had a bigger learning curve than Gareth. Gareth said on the radio last night that he had a good run all week-end and was happy that he was on the pace with the likes of higgins and donnelly he was no where near the pace of donnelly I don't know what he was on about sayg he was on the same pace as eugene......

to be fair to Gareth switching sides in a car is a big change, he did well, Mark Higgins is no slouch, Mark has driver subaru wrcs before and is used to hoping in and out of different cars, Gareth surprised and impressed me by beating him

sills
5th February 2007, 15:34
gareth didnt suprise me beating higgins but what suprised me how slow higgins was look back to cork 20 and donegal 2006 to see higgins real speed and machale was in his favoured right hand drive in donegal id like the man to be good but at the end of the day he isnt going to get much better unfortunatley for him it would of been harder for the genie to get used to the impreza, one big problem for gareth is people blowing him up along with the media it has given him a bit of a big head

VodkaKick3
7th February 2007, 09:36
Hes an average Driver Sills

Guffy
7th February 2007, 23:02
gareth didnt suprise me beating higgins but what suprised me how slow higgins was look back to cork 20 and donegal 2006 to see higgins real speed

I don't think was slow, he was on 1 hell of a charge after he hit a rock on stage1 which put back as far as 11th place & he didn't feel comfortable with the car all week-end, so to get 3rd is he has driven superbly in my view..!

I just wonder where he would have been if he hadn't hit that rock...?

As for Gareth, i think he has driven well too, as its a new car to him, totally different to his old Focus & lets face it, he ain't gonna drive flat out & risk chucking it off when its the car he will be using on the WRC