PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli deal - Where has the money gone ?

Sulland
14th November 2008, 20:38
The Pirelli deal done with FIA to provide control tyres to WRC costs Pirelli 11 Milllion Euro over 3 years.

The first year FIA has gotten 3,5 million. Both Autosport and Pirelli has asked Morrie Chandler in the Rally Commision what the money has been used for - but he is struggling to come up with an answer, mumbling something about regional championships and so on....

This can not be very satisfactory for any of the parties; FIA that hopefully should have control over budget and what the money actually was used for, Pirelli that of course is interested in how they bring rally forward - and the public here represented by the mass media.

Hopefully Autosport will follow this issue and get answers from Morrie & Co !!

bowler
14th November 2008, 22:13
Pirelli Star Driver for one place.

Livewireshock
15th November 2008, 04:02
A reasonable question I would think.

I would hate to think that it has gone to maintain a gravy train with in the halls of power with in the FIA.

Abarth
15th November 2008, 08:20
Pirelli Star Driver for one place.

As far as I know this was paid by Pirelli directly, but not sure.

Pinto
15th November 2008, 14:04
FIA bigwigs fine dined and drank fine wine on it

wrc_flipper
16th November 2008, 08:48
FIA bigwigs fine dined and drank fine wine on it

Send the News of the World in to investigate that one! :vader: :eek:

Brother John
17th November 2008, 17:57
F.I.A. does the same with the money such as your government. Donīt work and spend the money on the wrong things. :dozey:

playmo
18th November 2008, 17:55
F.I.A. does the same with the money such as your government. Donīt work and spend the money on the wrong things. :dozey:

Woa, i tought that only happenend down here in MEXICO, haha!

Sulland
18th November 2008, 21:50
Maybe it is time we get an elected version of FIA, that are accountable for where the money has gone each year ??