PDA

View Full Version : Donnelly proves point

sills
5th February 2007, 03:40
Now where are all the drivers complaining Eugene had an advantage in the toyota, Is there any driver wanting eugene s12 engine tested to see if its legal remember its his first rally in the car there is alot more speed to come from the genie this year it is clear to me and should be to everyone else how outdated and much slower the toyota was he blew everyone else away (except Gronholm) simple as, Some people will say Marcus was'nt pushing all I can say is two fingers to them people as he was useing every inch of the road and also said he was suprised by this Donnelly's speed saying he can drive.

davc
5th February 2007, 07:23
you got it to a tee!

farquar wrc
5th February 2007, 08:54
Before the rally started,the forums were full off bullsh1te about how many minutes Gronholm would win by,and some idiots even though he could win it in a N4 car,as sills has already said,Gronholm was on it big time,but Genie was awesome,and you could see the S12 was not comfy with the speed it was being driven at,once Donnelly and McGeehan Motorsport get this car 100% right,then there will be alot of big ego drivers heading home with there tails between there legs after Rally Ireland

m.lowe
5th February 2007, 10:26
I got laughed at on the Irish forum when I said that the WR boys would get a shock when the Irish boys compete against the WR boys in Ireland.

I know it was only a test for Marcus as its his first timecompeting in Ireland and I dont think Malcolm would really want him to risk the car so he would go on the safe side of madness.

I think for someone of Gronholm's calibre to be shown the way from Gene Donnelly must of made him think about when the circus comes to Rally Ireland and the other teams will take notice of this.

I wouldnt be suprised if Subaru do Donegal or even get Loeb over for a rally

Good win for Marcus, Ford and M-Sport commiserations to Gene and the McGeehan team but max points for Higgins

I bet DMG is chomping at the bit to get out now

sal
5th February 2007, 11:15
Cracking drive by Eugene and one that I'm sure wont have gone unnoticed in the WRC community. Wonder if he's feeling in retrospect like he should have backed off for the championship points rather than prove a point but either way you cant take away from him the speed he showed...

m.lowe
5th February 2007, 11:42
He drove really well did Eugene but he didnt really have to take the fight to Marcus and got maximum points but I suppose when the chanceof a win is there you are going to go for it

As the late Bertie Fisher said "Rallying is a fickle sport" and this event has certainly bit Eugene back

Good luck for the COI as the Del Boy is back

hyundaimike
5th February 2007, 11:50
just to apologise to eugene for ever doubting him.knew he had the pace but just thought it would take at least 1 rally to get to that level.just goes to show it was talent and not this (amazing 600bph) corolla that got 3 championships.subaru should drop them two wasters on there team for every tarmac rally and run THE GENIE.GOD BLESS THE GENIE.bring on the circuit.

Finni
5th February 2007, 12:47
Is Donelly's Subaru 2004, 2005 or 2006 model? I find that question interesting because I think that 2006 model should be underdog but 2005 and 2004 models are pretty good rally cars.

farquar wrc
5th February 2007, 12:53
Is Donelly's Subaru 2004, 2005 or 2006 model? I find that question interesting because I think that 2006 model should be underdog but 2005 and 2004 models are pretty good rally cars.
2006 S12 model

Finni
5th February 2007, 13:01
2006 S12 model

Thanks. Astonishing driving by Donelly then. Solberg and Atkinson were not able to challenge Grönholm in the same car in Monte.

DonJippo
5th February 2007, 14:15
Thanks. Astonishing driving by Donelly then. Solberg and Atkinson were not able to challenge Grönholm in the same car in Monte.

Kumho....

jidoka
5th February 2007, 15:13
Kumho....

Really??? I find it hard to believe that Kumho have a advantage over BF/Michelin. Compare the size of the two companies and their motor sport experience??? I don't think rubber was the reason of genies speed.
I think you will have to come up with some other conspiracy theory as to the reason why Marcus was being beaten

White Sauron
5th February 2007, 16:32
marcus wasn't beaten ;)

bt52b
5th February 2007, 16:44
Before the rally started,the forums were full off bullsh1te about how many minutes Gronholm would win by,and some idiots even though he could win it in a N4 car,as sills has already said,Gronholm was on it big time,but Genie was awesome,and you could see the S12 was not comfy with the speed it was being driven at,once Donnelly and McGeehan Motorsport get this car 100% right,then there will be alot of big ego drivers heading home with there tails between there legs after Rally Ireland

Not just the forums, MN was in pole position on this one. Even Gareth McHale said Marcus would be 2secs/km faster.

Gabriel

bt52b
5th February 2007, 16:52
just to apologise to eugene for ever doubting him.knew he had the pace but just thought it would take at least 1 rally to get to that level.just goes to show it was talent and not this (amazing 600bph) corolla that got 3 championships.subaru should drop them two wasters on there team for every tarmac rally and run THE GENIE.GOD BLESS THE GENIE.bring on the circuit.

Genie won Galway in his first rally with a Subaru WRC, in 2002 with little or no time in the car beforehand, and weather was absolutely foul, lashing rain all day.

jidoka
5th February 2007, 17:57
marcus wasn't beaten ;)

You took me up wrong. Genie was leading the rally before he crashed went off the road.

cannyboy
5th February 2007, 18:21
marcus wasn't beaten ;)

Marcus did react under pressure in Australia with the same result.
Does that take from him as a driver? No

Don't know why people should treat Donnelly any different.

quicksilver
5th February 2007, 19:59
Donnelly showed everyone he is the best in Ireland at the moment at the weekend, he destroyed all the Irish opposition, MacHale included. I'm a big Donnelly fan but I honestly wasn't expecting him to be anywhere near as quick as that in his first outing in the car. It was a pity he didn't finish and get the points he deserved but I think he was dead right to stay pushing and try to beat Gronholm rather than easying off and making sure of the points, after all it isn't everyday you get to go up against a double world champion so I reckon you might as well give it all you got rather than easying off and later wondering what if...

DonJippo
5th February 2007, 20:13
Really??? I find it hard to believe that Kumho have a advantage over BF/Michelin.

Ask from pentti.

sills
5th February 2007, 20:32
Marcus did react under pressure in Australia with the same result.
Does that take from him as a driver? No

Don't know why people should treat Donnelly any different.

Spot on with that on tarmac donnelly can compete with the best of them and ill tell you on gravel he would be close to the points as well shame he dosent have all the millions to do 10 12 wrc events

and i also agree that donnelly did rite to go for the win as like has been said its not often you get a crack at a man o marcus talents reember marcus is driven that car in and out day by day for a year eugene had the imp for a couple of weeks, and eugene is a pure racer if the win is in grasp he will go for it and he is still going to win the ITC this year

jonas_mcrae
5th February 2007, 21:11
can Donnelly use the Kumhos during rally ireland? or he has to use bf?

DonJippo
5th February 2007, 21:52
Yes he can.

MadCat
6th February 2007, 11:00
Awesome drive by Eugene!

Could we see him as Subaru's third driver on Rally Ireland?

sills
6th February 2007, 11:46
Awesome drive by Eugene!

Could we see him as Subaru's third driver on Rally Ireland?

How about second

jonas_mcrae
7th February 2007, 19:11
how about First, LOL