PDA

View Full Version : Richard Burns Rally Series

Bruce D
13th November 2008, 11:15
Anyone interested in having a RBR series, based on the original game? I'm thinking of sticking it to the original game cos there are some PS2 players here who dont have the ability to run some of the new stages / cars.

I looked at the interest in the RBR thread there and I think there were about 15 or more people who posted at some time so we could get quite a few entries for it.

306 Cosworth
13th November 2008, 17:28
After Christmas then I might be.

52Paddy
13th November 2008, 22:03
I'm another possibility. But I may have to cancel all my gaming next September, thats when I head to college and get a real life! :D

urabus-denoS2000
13th November 2008, 22:37
I might be interested...
But I would play on PS2 and how would you connect that?

Bruce D
14th November 2008, 05:28
I'd run it offline, rather than online so that PS2 players can play. If we can start in the new year maybe thats a better idea - every will be busy up to christmas now.

Bruce D
14th November 2008, 05:29
Also gives me time to formulate rallies, etc. They'll all be based on the original stages and maybe the first "series" will be the original rally events themselves, then mix and match to get more events. Anyone got any suggestions?

52Paddy
14th November 2008, 08:31
If I re-install my PC version to its original state, can I play with that? And is skin changing allowed? It wouldn't affect the car's performance because I'll just delete the physics file.

Bruce D
14th November 2008, 11:08
so long as you keep the original physics then skin modding will be allowed. I'm running a Subaru 2003 model with different skins

52Paddy
14th November 2008, 19:10
Ok cool. I'll keep an eye out for a thread in the future. I'll see how much time I have when the championship gets under way before making early promises.

Zico
17th November 2008, 16:30
Im interested...

Real pity we cant use the RSRBR mod with all the newer cars... The latest Focus 08 and C4 are fantastic to drive.

I've never done this before.. What are the rules and format of each event and how do you stop any cheating?

Bruce D
20th November 2008, 14:18
I'd love to have run it with the more modern cars but that would be a bit of a disadvantage to the PS2 guys. Same as I'd love to play with the newer stages (have you tried that Rallysprint stage on RBR Czech? Bloody awesome!) but for the same reasons its a no-go. Besides it looks like I wont be able to have much time to run a series anyway, so unfortunately my idea is probably going to be scrapped. But I'd take part in other people's series if I could.

As for cheating, well I'd have no idea how to stop that...