PDA

View Full Version : Bring Paul Page back to Indy thread

ACTF_ZETT
4th February 2007, 22:16
After watching some old Indy 500 races, I cannot believe how fantastic of an announcer Paul Page is. I would like nothing more than to see him return to the announcer seat for the Indy Racing League.

Paul works for ESPN (ABC). Currently he is announcing events for ESPN2 like the X-games and hot dog eating contests.. I dont know how this happened but in the booth he blows Rusty Wallace and Scott Goodyear out of the water.

Look back at some early 90s races, I dont know if there is a reason why he doesnt do it anymore or not, but I would say, for TV, there would be no better announcer for the Indy Racing League than Paul Page.

pdalbey
5th February 2007, 23:36
After watching some old Cubs games, I really hope they bring back Ryne Sandburg, Andre Dawon, Dennis Eckersly, Rick Sutcliffe, Mark Grace, Steve Stone, Greg Maddux, Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, Ron Santo and Sammy Sosa. With those names, surely the Cubbies can win the Series next year!

Jonesi
6th February 2007, 00:58
After watching some old Cubs games, I really hope they bring back Ryne Sandburg, Andre Dawon, Dennis Eckersly, Rick Sutcliffe, Mark Grace, Steve Stone, Greg Maddux, Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, Ron Santo and Sammy Sosa. With those names, surely the Cubbies can win the Series next year!

No, they would still find a way to blow it.

3-wide
6th February 2007, 02:26
I'll second bringing back Page. He was far from perfect, but his enthusiasm and obvious love of the series made up for a lot of his shortcomings.

weeflyonthewall
10th February 2007, 04:45
Page and Indy are a match made of declining competence.

Mark in Oshawa
13th February 2007, 17:19
Page just got over the top, and was often inaccurate on some of his calls. I liked him calling the race at Indy, but for the most part, I found him too much. Nice man in person though, very nice....