PDA

View Full Version : Is the manufacturers title now dead?

Ian McC
9th November 2008, 08:57
It was a little pointless last year with only two teams and I can't see much chance of any others joining for 2009.

In which case there really isn't a lot of point doing it.

AndySpeed
9th November 2008, 11:56
I think a lot of people still hold out a hope for BMW, Honda or someone stepping in for 2009. We'll see, otherwise its got to be dead. It's only a marketing title these days anyway, the teams championship is where its at.

tisme
9th November 2008, 17:45
It was a little pointless last year with only two teams and I can't see much chance of any others joining for 2009.

In which case there really isn't a lot of point doing it.

Don't say that!

Vauxhall have been reported as saying before that if there was no other manufacturer to race against in the BTCC, they felt they would be wasting their time competiting, so they would withdraw!?!

As they haven't, lets take that as a sign that there is another Manufacturer waiting to join!

As for only two manufacturers? This has been said before! There only two in the Aussie V8's and the DTM.

They seem to be doing okay.

AndyRAC
9th November 2008, 18:27
What else is there for Vauxhall to enter if they did pull out?
So they will probably stay and milk any awards/wins they get.

PDS
9th November 2008, 18:44
They could spend their money like some other manufacturers do, on Horse Racing, Show Jumping or even, god forbid... Football!

VX_Rules
9th November 2008, 19:41
Its the same as what would Calzaghe get out of being in the ring with an 8 year old? Personally Calzaghe would gain nothing.

LiamM
9th November 2008, 22:42
Its the same as what would Calzaghe get out of being in the ring with an 8 year old? Personally Calzaghe would gain nothing.

A prison sentence maybe?

VX_Rules
10th November 2008, 12:30
nothings positive... lol

BTCC2
20th November 2008, 22:12
I'm confident of a new manufacturer for 2009.