PDA

View Full Version : Will Sordo ever win a rally?

ShiftingGears
5th November 2008, 07:42
Ever?

Xsara Fan
5th November 2008, 07:51
Yes. Next question?

N
5th November 2008, 07:52
Yes, when Loeb stops driving.... :)

White Sauron
5th November 2008, 08:46
No.

TMorel
5th November 2008, 10:08
Maybe

Daniel
5th November 2008, 10:10
Yes

Woodeye
5th November 2008, 10:13
As long as Loeb drives - NO.

Brother John
5th November 2008, 10:28
This is not worth a thread, just a stupid question! :dozey:
Nobody can know that, therefore nobody can answer here.

Buzz Lightyear
5th November 2008, 11:01
he has not got that devestating speed.. so will rely more so on conversative drives, so he may win one next year, but will not beat Loeb on merit, or Hirvonen of Latvala on gravel, all things equal. Put it this way... he will never be world champion.

morganmilan
5th November 2008, 11:14
Exactly. Maybe he win some rally someday but he´ll never become world rally champion. He´s living his whole career as a Loeb´s shadow

Micke_VOC
6th November 2008, 21:08
yes... on asphalt !!!

Ghostwalker
6th November 2008, 22:14
Sordi is still young Only 25 years old. Mikko Hirvonen didnt win his first rally until he was 26. I Also think that Sordo has improved quit a bit this season especailly on gravel so who knows i wouldnt be surprised if he won a tarmac event next year.

N.O.T
6th November 2008, 22:37
he has the potential of beating everyone on tarmac exept Loeb so the answer is yes....

cut the b.s.
6th November 2008, 22:52
Tar, yes next year I'm confident he will win one
Loose, big improvements this year but still a way to go
Championship challenger? cant ever see him being a worthy No.1 in a team, but he is a great No.2

L5->R5/CR
6th November 2008, 23:00
Dani will win a rally as long as he is still rallying when either a) Loeb retires or b) Loeb can play it safe for a championship clinching finish.

Didn't Dani say last year that he didn't think he would make rallying his whole driving career?

koko0703
9th November 2008, 06:22
Yes on tarmac when Loeb is not there or not pushing for a win.

52Paddy
9th November 2008, 11:26
On tarmac, he is quick, but no Loeb. On gravel, he's still improving. But he's young yet, I'm sure he'll win a rally (or a few) in the not to distant future. I don't think he's championship material with the current line-up of drivers, but he (25) is considerabely younger than Loeb (34) and Hirvonen (28) who may retire when Sordo is at a prime stage. I won't say he'll never be champion, but I will say he won't be one under the current line-up of rivals he's got.

jens
9th November 2008, 21:49
Besides Sordo also Atkinson seems to be the ever-lasting "nearly-man", who has got multiple podiums, but always something is missing to snatch that elusive win. Maybe 2010 regs and new teams and their line-ups will shake something up at WRC and may enable them to rise to the top of the podium finally.

Camelopard
9th November 2008, 22:32
Besides Sordo also Atkinson seems to be the ever-lasting "nearly-man", who has got multiple podiums, but always something is missing to snatch that elusive win. Maybe 2010 regs and new teams and their line-ups will shake something up at WRC and may enable them to rise to the top of the podium finally.

Regardless of the fact that I'm Australian (and therefore potentionally biased) you cannot compare Atko's situation with Sordo. Sordo without a doubt, is in the best car (C4) in the championship, whilst Atko has had to put up with a crap car which doesn't seem to have improved with the new model.

Donney
10th November 2008, 07:12
Duval has, Sordo will.

52Paddy
10th November 2008, 08:28
Besides Sordo also Atkinson seems to be the ever-lasting "nearly-man"

Not sure whether its fair to call them "nearly men" just yet. When the Loeb era finishes up, then I'm sure the competition will be blown wide open, giving drivers like Sordo the chance to win more rallies and challenge for the championship.

jens
10th November 2008, 09:09
Regardless of the fact that I'm Australian (and therefore potentionally biased) you cannot compare Atko's situation with Sordo. Sordo without a doubt, is in the best car (C4) in the championship, whilst Atko has had to put up with a crap car which doesn't seem to have improved with the new model.

Yes, I was simply comparing the facts and according to those they have neither somehow never get that win. I wasn't comparing their driving skills, machinery... or whatever, just facts. ;)

Not sure whether its fair to call them "nearly men" just yet. When the Loeb era finishes up, then I'm sure the competition will be blown wide open, giving drivers like Sordo the chance to win more rallies and challenge for the championship.

True - and that's why I think 2010 could be their chance. But at the moment there is alas no other way to get a win than through unluck of a top player (esp. Loeb). Loeb hasn't retired from a tarmac rally for a while - if he once does, it would be Sordo, who finally gets to the top step of the podium.

A shame really Atko and Sordo haven't got a win yet, especially as drivers like Hirvonen and Latvala already have.

White Sauron
10th November 2008, 14:31
Yes, I was simply comparing the facts and according to those they have neither somehow never get that win. I wasn't comparing their driving skills, machinery... or whatever, just facts. ;)

True - and that's why I think 2010 could be their chance. But at the moment there is alas no other way to get a win than through unluck of a top player (esp. Loeb). Loeb hasn't retired from a tarmac rally for a while - if he once does, it would be Sordo, who finally gets to the top step of the podium.

A shame really Atko and Sordo haven't got a win yet, especially as drivers like Hirvonen and Latvala already have.

I suppose, Hirvonen has come to be as fast as Sordo on tarmac this year...

52Paddy
11th November 2008, 08:26
I suppose, Hirvonen has come to be as fast as Sordo on tarmac this year...

Hirvonen is definitely improving his skills on tarmac quicker than Sordo is on loose surfaces. And that's another problem for the Spaniard.