PDA

View Full Version : Japanese S2000-series to be formed?

mac853
4th November 2008, 17:34
Hey guys, let's take a look in this news, look likes japanese manufacturers are starting to measuring to building own S2000 cars to challenge european's: http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2878
Make a comment, please?

VkmSpouge
4th November 2008, 18:31
Would be interesting but at the moment I don't think there is a single Japanese manufacturer currently involved in touring cars just a few of private efforts.

tisme
4th November 2008, 21:17
Correct... but the story does say..

A large number of representatives from the major Japanese car manufacturers were present during the FIA World Touring Car Championship race at Okayama in Japan last weekend.

So perhaps it won't be long? Who knows?

wedge
4th November 2008, 23:24
I'd be surprised if we saw factory cars since the manufacturers put their weight behind Super GTs, though I can see Toms/Toyotas competing.

If JTCC did return then I can see it ending up like the Aussie V8/2L war from the late 90s.

mac853
5th November 2008, 03:42
JTCC return is good for all of Asia continental, ATCS has only 2 or 3 S2000 spec cars in the grid, sometimes are just modified SP cars(DC5R, CL7, SXE-10), so there's lack of quality of race.
If you put a 320i(ex: Team Engstler) among those "non-conventional" S2000 car, the difference per lap is always between 2 to 4 seconds, i can't accept that as a loyal TC fan.
Since japanese manufacturers make own cars, the other nations of our zone could easily buy cheaper and nice TC cars, so undoubtly i am fully support of this project.

Even could not make own TC cars by manufacturer, at least make some S2000 conversion kits from some aftermarket.
If this JTCC could not afford so much entrants with expensive S2000 cars, why not allowing multiple classes, SP and N2000 cars are the best choice, like now happening also in Procar, PTCC, STCC or before BTCC.

Maybe AFOS' Sonenscher should cooperate with Japan Fed. to organizing it, if these really happened, at least 1 round of the Asian series could put in Japan soil, then make a mix of ATCS and JTCC cars together on the same grid to make a big show with independent points.
Like the same happened when APTCC's Japan 1st round join in JTCC last round in 1994.

Captain VXR
6th November 2008, 21:40
Accord(new), Mazda 6, Avensis/Auris could all easily be done

Eurotech
6th November 2008, 22:02
Accord(old), Civic, Corolla, IS200 already done

mac853
8th November 2008, 16:51
About japanese cars, i want to report another news, 2 drivers of RPM(Macau) are withdrawed already from WTCC, due the FIA bureau don't allowed 2 not homologated cars to entering Macau round, Civic(FD2) and Altezza(IS200) which are prepared privately by themselves(RPM with Champ motorsport of Macau).
From this news the conclusion is, since don't have our own market of S2000 chassis in our zone, our local drivers and teams can't have so much chance to compete with condition, even impossible to enter WTCC rounds.

The posssible cars to join if JTCC really happened should be these:
Toyota: Altezza (IS220)
Mazda: Atenza (Speed 6)
Honda: Civic Type RR(FD2 with Mugen preparation)

kmchow
13th November 2008, 05:14
Yeah, that would be so cool if the JTCC was restarted. Though I wonder considering the current state of the global and Japanese economy, I would be really shocked if they did restart something? Or are they hoping a renewed JTCC could spark interest in the more practical saloons versus the impractical super GT cars like SC430?

VkmSpouge
16th November 2008, 14:47
The RPM Racing Civic and Altezza must have been well outside the rules because the FIA usually lets cars with local homologation compete though not allowing them to score points.

The Toyota Auris has also been done in Super 2000 by the same German team that did the Corolla.