http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8528&Itemid=219

Knock-on
4th November 2008, 11:48
this may offend some of you but i hope lewis never makes it to Ferrari

:up: Totally agree with you!!!

TMorel
4th November 2008, 11:48
Are the two Eddie's so desperate for attention that they'll spout any old rubbish?

and are we so desperate for controversy that we'll listen?

Mark
4th November 2008, 11:52
Why would Lewis drive for Ferrari? The only way he'll leave McLaren is if they fire him or the car turns into a dog.

pino
4th November 2008, 11:57
Ferrari don't need Lewis, Massa is as good as Lewis and Alonso will probably join the Team in 2010 :p :

Valve Bounce
4th November 2008, 11:59
Ferrari don't need Lewis, Massa is as good as Lewis and Alonso will probably join the Team in 2010 :p :

Not if they can get their hands on Vettel!!

wedge
4th November 2008, 12:24

Lewis is 23 years of age, Massa 27, which logically means Lewis has yet to peak.

I'd hate to think how good Lewis will be in 5 years time!

ArrowsFA1
4th November 2008, 12:30
Why would Lewis drive for Ferrari? The only way he'll leave McLaren is if they fire him or the car turns into a dog.
Exactly. There's only been one team for Hamilton from the very beginning and that was McLaren. For others the dream may be to drive for Ferrari. It's hard to see him chosing to leave his 'home' but who knows what may happen in the future.

pino
4th November 2008, 12:33
Why would Lewis drive for Ferrari?

Why ? because Ferrari is a dream for any driver, Lewis included :p :

Dave B
4th November 2008, 13:22
If you cut Lewis in half it would say "McLaren" through him like a stick of rock. Unless there's a very major upset some time in the future he'll probably be a McLaren driver until he retires.

Ferrari has a certain emotional pull, but it's always important that your head rules your heart and not the other way round.

Knock-on
4th November 2008, 13:30
If you cut Lewis in half it would say "McLaren" through him like a stick of rock. Unless there's a very major upset some time in the future he'll probably be a McLaren driver until he retires.

Ferrari has a certain emotional pull, but it's always important that your head rules your heart and not the other way round.

I should imagine the problems he had in his first year, he wouldn't have any emotional pull towards Ferrari.

In fact, probably the opposite.

Mark
4th November 2008, 14:18
I'll have to say I don't see Lewis ever driving for any other team than McLaren, he's the sort that if he gets too old to be competitive or gets tired of Formula 1 or if Mercedes pull out of F1 etc, he'll retire rather than drive for another team.

Triumph
4th November 2008, 16:11
I seem to recall Lewis saying that he would like to spend his entire career at McLaren.

It would be interesting to see how he would get on over at Ferrari though. Maybe situations will change in the future and he will get an offer he can't refuse.

V12
4th November 2008, 16:19
this may offend some of you but i hope lewis never makes it to Ferrari

I agree with you. I'm sure most Lewis Hamilton fans would agree with us as well!

Big Ben
4th November 2008, 18:19
Lewis is 23 years of age, Massa 27, which logically means Lewis has yet to peak.

donīt think then

Tazio
4th November 2008, 18:32
"Having been there, I've seen what it's like and it's a different situation to being with any other team," he said.

Please don't remind me! :dozey: You inherited the #1 seat in the best car, and drove like a fool!

Ian McC
4th November 2008, 19:11
Things change, Ron goes, McLaren aren't competitive, he will surely put his career first.

jens
4th November 2008, 19:17
Time goes on, situations change and people's views may change too. Hamilton at the moment may think that he wants to stay at McLaren "forever", but nobody knows, what might he be thinking in 5 years' time?! F1 is also changing so quickly, people's choices may change quickly according to changes in F1. If indeed manufacturers pull out of F1, then it would be a wholly new situation and who knows, where would he need to drive then. So at least at the moment it certainly can't be surely said LH will be staying at McLaren until the end of his career.

drivacee
4th November 2008, 20:31
What did Eddie Irvine achieve at ferrari?.He was a back defender for Micheal,he didnt even set up his own car, Michael had to do that.Lewis is Rons little boy and will stay untill the cars are crap.Alonso will be at ferrari asap,and probably Vettel too.BUT who will be number 1 driver,cos no one wants to be what Eddie was 2nd driver and a playboy

Tazio
4th November 2008, 20:37
What did Eddie Irvine achieve at ferrari?.He was a back defender for Micheal,he didnt even set up his own car, Michael had to do that.Lewis is Rons little boy and will stay untill the cars are crap.Alonso will be at ferrari asap,and probably Vettel too.BUT who will be number 1 driver,cos no one wants to be what Eddie was 2nd driver and a playboyWho was #1 at Ferrari this year? :dozey:
"The Times Thay Are A-Changin'" :s mokin:

Valve Bounce
4th November 2008, 21:47

So would ioan :p :

Valve Bounce
4th November 2008, 21:50
I'll have to say I don't see Lewis ever driving for any other team than McLaren, he's the sort that if he gets too old to be competitive or gets tired of Formula 1 or if Mercedes pull out of F1 etc, he'll retire rather than drive for another team.

What if Max bans McLaren for bribing Glock? :eek:

truefan72
4th November 2008, 22:21
Why ? because Ferrari is a dream for any driver, Lewis included :p :

not for everyone. and not always

there was a good stretch of years pre-schumi where that seat was not as desired as the Williams, and McLaren seat, or even Bennetton for that matter.
Right now Lewis is in the best car on the grid and won the WDC. So I'd say he is living out his dream quite well. To those who love Ferrari, good for them, but apart from the opportunity to win the WDC I'm pretty sure a good number of drivers don't consider it a dream to drive a Ferrari but merely an opportunity to win races. and once/if they start to fall back into average again (as all teams will go through the cycles..even McLaren) years from now, drivers won't be lining up to drive for them because they are Ferrari, if it means no chance at winning races or being competitive.

ShiftingGears
5th November 2008, 00:09
Nah, ain't happening.

Tazio
5th November 2008, 01:48
Hamilton has already invested 10 years in racing for, or in preperation to race for McLaren!
I think he is much closer to peaking than your average 23 year old in this trade!
Where can I make a bet that he is out of F1 before he reaches 30? :s mokin:

woody2goody
5th November 2008, 02:09
I'm not actually sure if Lewis is better than Massa, Kimi or Alonso to be honest, but I don't think we will ever see them competing in the same car ever, apart form Kimi and Massa.

I'll discount last year when Lewis was slower than Fernando with it being his first year, but I don't think he'd beat Alonso in the same car.

Having said all this, I think he CAN be better than all three of them in a few years when he does peak.

rickos
5th November 2008, 02:11
LH has already taken a lesser car and won against the best car driven by dumb and dumber. What's the fun in winning in the best car?

jso1985
5th November 2008, 02:50

with that logic Vettel is going to win the WDC with a 1976 Boro driving in reverse by the time he's 27...

poor logic

Valve Bounce
5th November 2008, 03:25
LH has already taken a lesser car and won against the best car driven by dumb and dumber. What's the fun in winning in the best car?

You will have to ask SchM! he seemed pretty happy about it. ;)

Tazio
5th November 2008, 03:57
LH has already taken a lesser car and won against the best car driven by dumb and dumber. What's the fun in winning in the best car?Part of the attraction of winning in the best car, is being instramental in developing it.
Like Fred at Renault, and Mike at Ferrari! FYI
Einstein! :bandit: :dozey: :s mokin: :) :beer:

555-04Q2
5th November 2008, 11:20
EI is an idiot :down:

Hawkmoon
7th November 2008, 01:16

It's funny, but my impression of Hamilton is that he'll be out the door at Woking as soon as the car isn't at the front. He's an ultra-competitive young man who isn't going to hang around if Uncle Ron can't produce the goods.

You may not like the thought, I know because the thought of Schumi driving a McLaren was/is a nightmare, but if McLaren produce a couple a stinkers over the next couple of years then Hamilton's signature will be on a contract for whichever team has the best money offer/car combination to be had.

Hamilton is cut from the same cloth as Senna, Schumacher, Prost, Alonso, Lauda and many others. Senna didn't stick with McLaren when Williams had a better car. Schumacher left Benetton for stupid amounts of money and a challenge and Alonso couldn't get away from Renault fast enough when McLaren's cheque book came calling and Renault dithered about the future.

McLaren have no hold over Hamilton other than a contract. Jenson Button showed us how much those things can be worth.

Valve Bounce
7th November 2008, 01:28
McLaren have no hold over Hamilton other than a contract. Jenson Button showed us how much those things can be worth.

Comparing Lewis Hamilton with bunsen??? That's a bit harsh!!

Hawkmoon
7th November 2008, 02:21

Yeah, but on which one? ;)

Valve Bounce
7th November 2008, 03:15
Yeah, but on which one? ;)

Common, don't be mean!! bunsen, at best, would qualify for turncoat of the year. Lewis Hamilton is a champion driver. I know who I'd rather have in a team, and it ain't bunsen.

ShiftingGears
7th November 2008, 06:48

A bit like comparing Jenson with Ant :p :

Valve Bounce
7th November 2008, 11:34
A bit like comparing Jenson with Ant :p :

ant was never a turncoat - he was totally loyal to Honda and helped set-up the car to make bunsen look good.

So what are you on about?

ShiftingGears
8th November 2008, 04:10
ant was never a turncoat - he was totally loyal to Honda and helped set-up the car to make bunsen look good.

So what are you on about?

Jenson flogged Sato and Ant only matched Sato. Jenson is the much better driver, just like Hamilton has the clear measure of Jenson.

Valve Bounce
8th November 2008, 07:41
Jenson flogged Sato and Ant only matched Sato. Jenson is the much better driver, just like Hamilton has the clear measure of Jenson.

So!! what's your point? We are talking about turncoat failures compared with Hamilton the Champion. Or did you forget?

8th November 2008, 12:12
cos no one wants to be what Eddie was 2nd driver and a playboy

Don't know....sounds like a pretty good gig to me.

8th November 2008, 12:14
EI is an idiot :down:

Maybe, but a very rich & shrewd one.

Azumanga Davo
8th November 2008, 15:28
http://www.channel4.com/video/images/mb/Channel4/video/2008/archive/black_books/Black_Books_001_003_001_001.jpg
"I know everything, I'm always right."

I think he's starting to sound like Bernard from Black Books these days. One crucial difference though, Bernard's funny, EI is a c*ck.

9th November 2008, 12:06
One crucial difference though, Bernard's funny, EI is a c*ck.

But a hugely successful one, with more GP wins than a certain Mr Brundle.... who people seem to think is an expert.

Eddie is a damn sight smarter than any of the forum 'members' slagging him off.

BeansBeansBeans
9th November 2008, 14:19
If McLaren become uncompetitive, I could see Hamilton going elsewhere, and where better than Ferrari?

BDunnell
9th November 2008, 14:55
But a hugely successful one, with more GP wins than a certain Mr Brundle.... who people seem to think is an expert.

Eddie is a damn sight smarter than any of the forum 'members' slagging him off.

Firstly, it is perfectly possible to be an expert on something that you either haven't participated in personally, or in which you maybe haven't succeeded to as great an extent as others. There is nothing surprising about this. Would you say that the only people properly qualified to be political journalists are former Prime Ministers, then?

Secondly, I think you have an overly inflated opinion of and respect for financial wealth. There are more important qualities in a person, and I think that's true in this case. That said, I agree with the view that he's wrong to commit himself to one team for ever. Anyone who'd done that in relation to Ferrari in the past would have gone through long barren spells, and the same could happen with McLaren.

Valve Bounce
9th November 2008, 20:47
If McLaren become uncompetitive, I could see Hamilton going elsewhere, and where better than Ferrari?

Honda????

tinchote
9th November 2008, 22:39
It looks to me that several of those members who seem to think that LH will stay at McLaren for all of his career, are the same who used to say that Kimi would never leave McLaren... ;) :D

Valve Bounce
9th November 2008, 23:35
It looks to me that several of those members who seem to think that LH will stay at McLaren for all of his career, are the same who used to say that Kimi would never leave McLaren... ;) :D

Let's get one thing clear at this point in time: I tipped Kimi to go to Ferrari about 18 months before he joined Ferrari. If my memory serves me correctly, I was the first one to tip that in this forum, and most guys here thought I'd gone loco already. :crazy:

The way I see it, any driver who gets an offer from Ferrari and declines it, would have to have a very good reason.

At the moment, I can't think of anyone. Bunsen would go there if they offered him $2 a race.

But.............having said all that, if McLaren continues to produce a competitive car, Lewis Hamilton might just decide to stay where he is.

CNR
10th November 2008, 05:59
http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5irzJV6zJjB5mGXey7cyKBidjO-_A

David Coulthard has dismissed Lewis Hamilton's pledge to see out his Formula One career at McLaren and urged the newly-crowned world champion to concentrate on his immediate future.
Coulthard, who brought his long career to a close at last week's Brazilian Grand Prix, insists Hamilton's loyalty could turn out to be misplaced if his team heads towards a dip in form.

Lewis Hamilton's pledge to see out his Formula One career at McLaren

1 explosion and McLaren workshop and cars blown up
2 new f1 spygate
3 McLaren lose too much money and pull out of f1
4 they do what they tried to do with mika hakken with the low pay and a bonus for a win
5 the car becomes a dog and does not win a race for two to three years.
6 the car becomes a back marker
7 pussiecat doll finds out what f1 is and buys him force inda

Valve Bounce
10th November 2008, 07:56
............or they design a shyte car.

10th November 2008, 09:11
Would you say that the only people properly qualified to be political journalists are former Prime Ministers, then?

Certainly not, but to dismiss the opinion of somebody, as some of the forum members are, who has "been there, done that" is, quite frankly, stupid.

For them to call Irvine an 'Idiot' or a 'Cxxx' is therefore both hypocritical and sadly inadequate.

Secondly, I think you have an overly inflated opinion of and respect for financial wealth.

Where was I specifying wealth as the only factor? I stated that Eddie was both rich & shrewd. Seeing how he wasn't born with into a family of huge wealth, I think it's safe to assume that he has become extremely wealthy through hard work and intelligence.

To sneer at somebody's wealth, as I fully believe you are doing, without considering that in order to have gained that wealth it must have taken both dedication and intelligence, merely highlights the inadequacies of your argument.

THE_LIBERATOR
10th November 2008, 09:27
I think it's safe to assume that he has become extremely wealthy through hard work and intelligence.

To sneer at somebody's wealth, as I fully believe you are doing, without considering that in order to have gained that wealth it must have taken both dedication and intelligence, merely highlights the inadequacies of your argument.In no way is intelligence related to wealth. Swervin' Irvine is indeed case in point.

Valve Bounce
10th November 2008, 10:56
I stated that Eddie was both rich & shrewd.

And after Senna whacked him on the back of his head, Eddie became even richer. :p :

555-04Q2
10th November 2008, 11:00
Irvine has never been the sharpest knife in the kitchen. I've got decent money, does that make me intellgent :?: Some forumers here will say, "hell no!"

Knock-on
10th November 2008, 11:10
I've got decent money, does that make me intellgent :?:

Hell no!! :p

(Lend us a few quid :D )

BDunnell
11th November 2008, 21:30
Certainly not, but to dismiss the opinion of somebody, as some of the forum members are, who has "been there, done that" is, quite frankly, stupid.

For them to call Irvine an 'Idiot' or a 'Cxxx' is therefore both hypocritical and sadly inadequate.

I might add that high-handedly dismissing others as inadequate based on flimsy evidence isn't exactly the most pleasant character trait.

Valve Bounce
12th November 2008, 00:47
Look, Eddie was a better driver than he was allowed to be. He did the job, kept complaints to the minimum, and got paid a handsome sum for his effort. Nothing wrong with that.

Nowadays, the media will get anyone to say something, anything, and then enhance or invent the quote necessary to produce a headline for their article.

If I had Eddie's chances for what he accomplished and earned, I'd be more than happy - I'd be ecstatic. And you can call me stupid if you wanted and I'd cry all the way to the bank.

Hawkmoon
12th November 2008, 01:20
What's idiotic about saying Hamilton should win a few titles with McLaren and then move to Ferrari? It's just an opinion from someone who experienced being a Ferrari Grand Prix driver.

Irvine's no more an idiot for saying that than someone else is for saying that Hamilton should never leave McLaren.

12th November 2008, 09:00
I might add that high-handedly dismissing others as inadequate based on flimsy evidence isn't exactly the most pleasant character trait.

I knew Eddie back in his F3 days with WSR & F3000 with Pacific.

The bloke was very bright. Smarter than the average bear.

I'll take that flimsy evidence over your compatriots non-existent evidence, thanks, and will rightfully dismiss in a high-handed manner anybody who has no personal experience of working with Eddie.

It may not be a lovely, cuddly character trait, but its better than being pathetic.

Valve Bounce
12th November 2008, 11:38
Lets drink some Kool Aid and unlax!!

PolePosition_1
12th November 2008, 12:00
Irvine has never been the sharpest knife in the kitchen. I've got decent money, does that make me intellgent :?: Some forumers here will say, "hell no!"

To be fair, I read somewhere that Irvine has made more money from his businesses since leaving F1, than he did throughout his whole career. He is a very successful business man.

Whilst I disagree with him, I respect he is entitled to an opinion, and its nice to hear different opinions from people within the F1 circus.

ArrowsFA1
12th November 2008, 12:34
To be fair, I read somewhere that Irvine has made more money from his businesses since leaving F1, than he did throughout his whole career. He is a very successful business man.
Irvine was apparently earning a very good living in Japan before he made his debut with Jordan, to the extent that financially the move to F1 didn't make much sense.

Worked out ok in the end for him though :p :

BeansBeansBeans
12th November 2008, 12:46
I've always liked Eddie Irvine.

He's charming and seems untainted by the corporate banality which afflicts most drivers in the modern age.

Knock-on
12th November 2008, 17:31

I'll take that flimsy evidence over your compatriots non-existent evidence, thanks, and will rightfully dismiss in a high-handed manner anybody who has no personal experience of working with Eddie.

It may not be a lovely, cuddly character trait, but its better than being pathetic.

Sorry :confused:

Are you saying that because you met Eddie a few times, you have the right to dismiss other members opinions as pathetic?

EI has always struck me as an intelligent and humorous man but if someone on here disagrees, that's their prerogative.

Perhaps having some respect for other members might not be too bad a thing?

BDunnell
12th November 2008, 18:21

And, with the greatest of respect, I will rightfully and delightfully dismiss your ever-so-slightly pompous assessment of my view expressed previously as being pathetic and sneery. The next time you express an opinion on a field you haven't ever worked in or on someone you haven't personally met and dealt with, I look forward to being similarly dismissive towards your opinions as you are towards those of various members here.

By the way, you seem to have missed the bit where I actually agreed (in part) with Irvine's view on this.

BDunnell
12th November 2008, 18:22
EDIT - unnecessary post.

13th November 2008, 09:34
Sorry :confused:

Are you saying that because you met Eddie a few times, you have the right to dismiss other members opinions as pathetic?

EI has always struck me as an intelligent and humorous man but if someone on here disagrees, that's their prerogative.

Perhaps having some respect for other members might not be too bad a thing?

I give respect to those who earn it.

Some people on here have a lot of work to do.

13th November 2008, 09:35
And, with the greatest of respect, I will rightfully and delightfully dismiss your ever-so-slightly pompous assessment of my view expressed previously as being pathetic and sneery. The next time you express an opinion on a field you haven't ever worked in or on someone you haven't personally met and dealt with, I look forward to being similarly dismissive towards your opinions as you are towards those of various members here.

That'll be the day we discuss liberal gimps, presumably?

markabilly
16th November 2008, 14:10
Markabilly urges Ferrari to switch for scott speed before RD signs him...............

Valve Bounce
17th November 2008, 04:53
Markabilly urges Ferrari to switch for scott speed before RD signs him...............

I think you'd lay off that kool aid stuff you brew.

Valve Bounce
17th November 2008, 04:55
I've always liked Eddie Irvine.

He's charming and seems untainted by the corporate banality which afflicts most drivers in the modern age.

Somewhat in the Richard Burton mold, I presume!!

ArrowsFA1
19th November 2008, 16:04
I was reminded of Eddie's own description of his first few races in F1 recently:

"I was punched by Ayrton Senna after my first race, crashed in my second, wrote off four cars in my third, and was banned from my fourth - People are going to think I'm some sort of nutter."

:p

19th November 2008, 16:39
But the 'nutter' did also say -

"“The history meant that someone like Todt would go work there. The history was what convinced Michael Schumacher to go there.”

And, perhaps just a relevant seeing how some people think they know him...

"The people who don't know me only see me through sound bites, and everything's changed around. Things I've said are changed to suit the magazine or newspaper concerned. The people who know me have a very different view, I would say."

aryan
25th November 2008, 09:23
May I propose a simple Google trick? From now on, when referring to the Demented Midget (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Ecclestone), please link it to his Wikipedia article so that searching for Demented Midget would bring up his page! Thanks :)