PDA

View Full Version : Nosebleeds

AndySpeed
4th November 2008, 00:14
Over the last 3 days I've been having recurring nosebleeds, and I don't know if I should do anything about it yet. It's not like I've actually touched my nose at the time either, for instance today I was sat in the cinema watching James Bond and it just started - I was perfectly still.

I've nipped the top of my nose for 10 minutes which seems to only stop the nosebleeds for a few hours. Not all are too bad, but some are gushing.

There has been a lot of stress in my life recently so maybe that's a factor. Anyone else had similar situations and know if I can do anything to relieve this large inconvenience?

Powered by Cosworth
4th November 2008, 05:48
I used to get them alot. You've probably rubbed your nose in anger through your sleep or something like that. The best thing to do is be gentle with it, let it heal on the inside, and if you have one that lasts for more than half an hour ring up your doctor.

Easy Drifter
4th November 2008, 06:03
Very dry air over a period of time can cause them. By the end of a Cdn. winter I sometimes have problems. I have a combination of Electric and Gas heat and keeping humidity in the inside air can be a problem. Ditto outside when it gets 20 to 25 below C for days on end.
Another, although unlikely, cause could be very high blood pressure. It might be a good idea to check your pressure. There are no outward signs of same.

leopard
4th November 2008, 07:29
Check whether grandmother chews betel leaves, as the first aid that leaves can help to cure nosebleed.

Daniel
4th November 2008, 09:41
I would go to see your doctor just to be safe but it's probably nothing

MrJan
4th November 2008, 10:55
Have you flown anywhere recently? When I went to Canada I got nosebleeds for a while even though I've never had them before.

Hazell B
4th November 2008, 19:22
The nose is your body's version of an overflow pipe at times, so probably best to go to the doctor if the bleeds keep coming for another day. After all, your house pipes only overflow when there's a problem.

A relative of mine kept getting them and I remember the doctor telling her it was serious if they came back repeatedly in some cases. She was ill with something unrelated and the doctor took it very seriously. Anyway, best to be sure, eh?