PDA

View Full Version : Trulli forced Bourdais off track......no penalty!

PolePosition_1
3rd November 2008, 11:49
In my view, rightly so, it was incredibly harsh, and slightly unfair, but no contact was made, and Trulli went in with a let me through or crash mindframe.

But what I fail to understand is how this can go unpunished, and yet they somehow justify punishing Hamilton at Fuji?

You could argue its old news, but with no changes in place next with the stewarding, we're just going to continue getting these apparently random decisions.

acescribe
3rd November 2008, 12:04
In my view, rightly so, it was incredibly harsh, and slightly unfair, but no contact was made, and Trulli went in with a let me through or crash mindframe.

But what I fail to understand is how this can go unpunished, and yet they somehow justify punishing Hamilton at Fuji?

You could argue its old news, but with no changes in place next with the stewarding, we're just going to continue getting these apparently random decisions.

Exactly!

Mark
3rd November 2008, 12:04
Yes, I thought at the time that it deserved a penalty but figured that since it didn't involve a McLaren then none would be forthcoming, seems I wasn't wrong.

MAX_THRUST
3rd November 2008, 12:09
Yes, I thought at the time that it deserved a penalty but figured that since it didn't involve a McLaren then none would be forthcoming, seems I wasn't wrong.

Took the words out of my mouth....

wedge
3rd November 2008, 12:29

Nothing wrong with it.

If that was Schumacher or Hamilton then they'll be labelled as dirty driver.

PolePosition_1
3rd November 2008, 12:49
Nothing wrong with it.

If that was Schumacher or Hamilton then they'll be labelled as dirty driver.

Agree 100%

Nancy YU
3rd November 2008, 12:59
Because the two people are just Trulli and Bourdais,
if involved in Ferrari,it would be hard to say :s mokin:

seppefan
3rd November 2008, 13:24

Lucky for Trulli as if Donnelly knew the STR has a Ferrari engine then he would have had Trulli docked. Mind you knowing Donnelly, he would probably like a friendly chat with Trulli behind closed doors and then let him off....

yodasarmpit
3rd November 2008, 16:24
I didn't think it was that bad tbh, it's just this year that the stewards have came out with some crazy decisions that we now look at every incident as a potential penalty.

truefan72
3rd November 2008, 18:11

my thoughts exactly.

Can you imagine if it was Hamilton instead of Trulli.

They would have been an "investigation of incident involving the 22 car" followed by Hamilton issued a drive thru penalty.

Bradley
3rd November 2008, 18:22
Can you imagine if it was Hamilton instead of Trulli.

They would have been an "investigation of incident involving the 22 car" followed by Hamilton issued a drive thru penalty.

Sure, and justified, as Hamilton repeats this behaviour every 2 races.
As far as I remember, this was Trulli's first, so give him a chance.

truefan72
3rd November 2008, 18:40
Sure, and justified, as Hamilton repeats this behaviour every 2 races.
As far as I remember, this was Trulli's first, so give him a chance.

what an odd comment

penalities are handed out based on the incident not on reputation....wait what am I saying, in the FIA they simply hand penalties to Maclaren no matter how flimsy the evidence, or if any car is invloved with a Ferrari.

This "give him a chance" philosophy is one that FIA never adhered too with regard to Hamilton and Mclaren these past two years. They have done their best to try and diminshthe team and driver, but inspite of it. They still won the crown jewel event this year.

Allyc85
3rd November 2008, 18:57
Racing incident in my eyes, play on :D

woody2goody
3rd November 2008, 21:58
I didn't see the incident myself, and if it is similar to Fuji then maybe should have been punished.

However, Trulli doesn't normally cause trouble with other cars, so it's fair to say let him off.

I want to know if Rosberg hitting Coulthard was an accident or an incident worthy of a penalty? I didn't see that one either by the way, I missed the first 30-odd laps.

jens
3rd November 2008, 21:58
Funny how recently Trulli and Bourdais have had several incidents. :D

But if Hamilton had been in the same situation alongside a Ferrari, you can be quite confident he would have been penalized. ;)

VkmSpouge
3rd November 2008, 22:23
I didn't think it deserved a penalty but then it wasn't no different to Hamilton-Raikkonen incident at Fuji.

PolePosition_1
4th November 2008, 08:47
I agree with all those who say Trulli didn't deserve a penalty, but what I am at a loss to is how the Stewards, using the same rulebook, can decide a penalty should be imposed for Hamilton at Fuji, and not for the Trulli incident?

Both tricky conditions, both no contact etc etc. There is absolute no sense at all.

Mark
4th November 2008, 09:15
I agree with all those who say Trulli didn't deserve a penalty, but what I am at a loss to is how the Stewards, using the same rulebook, can decide a penalty should be imposed for Hamilton at Fuji, and not for the Trulli incident?

Both tricky conditions, both no contact etc etc. There is absolute no sense at all.

Exactly. I don't think Trulli deserved a penalty at all. I think it was a racing mistake. But then so was Hamilton in Fuji and Hamilton in Belgium.

Mark
4th November 2008, 09:16

Exactly. I don't think Trulli deserved a penalty at all. I think it was a racing mistake. But then so was Hamilton in Fuji and Hamilton in Belgium.

pino
4th November 2008, 09:48
Funny how none started a thread a month ago when Bourdais on 1st coner touched and pushed Trulli (who had to retire) off track, did Bourdais got a penalty there ? :s

janneppi
4th November 2008, 10:04
pino, you know perfectly well the issue here isn't Bourdais or Trulli escaping unpunished, but Hamilton's penalty. ;)

PolePosition_1
4th November 2008, 10:13
Funny how none started a thread a month ago when Bourdais on 1st coner touched and pushed Trulli (who had to retire) off track, did Bourdais got a penalty there ? :s

Probably, because up until Fuji, no driver (since I been watching F1...over 15 years) has been penalised for forcing a driver wide at turn 1, with no contact involved.

If your refering to the incident at turn 1 at China (therefore after Fuji), not sure if topic was posted here, but on the Facebook Formula 1 group a topic was created, asking exactly the same thing.

I posted it on here, as I ain't seen anyone bring it up (on here or any other forum), and has closer similarities to the Hamilton start penalty, as no contact was even made.

In Fuji, Heikki actually made contact with Kimi, but wasn't punished.....so maybe the Stewards only penalise if you force a driver wide without contact.....that said we saw that happen in Brazil with JT and SB, and even RK and KR in Fuji, and no penalty.....only consistancy I can find is if a McLaren is involved a penalty is to be applied.

PS: Whats difference between a Moderator and an Admin?

pino
4th November 2008, 10:16
Yes i was refering at China GP and that wasn't the first time Bourdais acted like a jerk towards Jarno in this season...

PolePosition_1
4th November 2008, 10:21
Yes i was refering at China GP and that wasn't the first time Bourdais acted like a jerk towards Jarno in this season...

Can you pin point me the incidents your refering to please? Off top my head I don't recall any other than China. Plus I must say, starting midfield, your bound to have couple of accidents, DC being the worst!

pino
4th November 2008, 10:29
pino, you know perfectly well the issue here isn't Bourdais or Trulli escaping unpunished, but Hamilton's penalty. ;)

I know, I know that, but I expected people to enjoy and celebrate Lewis title rather than start bashing drivers like Jarno or start creating issues when there aren't...

PolePosition_1
4th November 2008, 10:32
I know, I know that, but I expected people to enjoy and celebrate Lewis title rather than start bashing drivers like Jarno or start creating issues when there aren't...

You haven't got an issue with the way penalties have been applied this season?

pino
4th November 2008, 10:33
Can you pin point me the incidents your refering to please? Off top my head I don't recall any other than China. Plus I must say, starting midfield, your bound to have couple of accidents, DC being the worst!

Can't remember where and when, but after China, Jarno was mad and told Ital TV that it wasn't first time Bourdais gave him problems on track.

pino
4th November 2008, 10:40
You haven't got an issue with the way penalties have been applied this season?

Yes probably Stewards took some strange decisions, but I always look forward, Lewis won, congrats to him...let's move on ;)

ShiftingGears
4th November 2008, 10:46
I don't think there should've been a penalty - you can't justify penalties based on other overzealous steward decisions. In any case, Bourdais has had pretty rotten luck this year.

PolePosition_1
4th November 2008, 10:56
Yes probably Stewards took some strange decisions, but I always look forward, Lewis won, congrats to him...let's move on ;)

Thats the whole point of my topic Pino, I'm all for looking forward, but there are no changes in place for the Stewarding next year, and yet again we have a decision with no consistancy in Brazil.

So I'm looking forward, and all I see is a continous trend of random penalties, because nothing is going to change.

Robinho
4th November 2008, 12:31
i think i can justify the penalty/no penalty situation.

in Japan, the stewards deemed that Hamiltons Manouvre forced Raikkonen off the track, whilst failing to stay on the track himself, and i think they though this consitited it to be reckless/out of control

whereas,

in Brazil, Jarno put a very harsh and hard move on Bourdais, that although it left Bourdais with the options, leave the track, or have an accident, Jarno dod himself stay in the confines of thet rack.

whilst i don't necessarily agree with either decision, and i think Trulli was lucky to get away with no punishment i can see the differences between this and Japan that gives the stewards just enough room to breathe.

also, being a wet/dry track "should" afford the drivers a little more slack than in the full dry

THE_LIBERATOR
4th November 2008, 12:36
I've been a fan of Trulli for a long time, A VERY LONG TIME!! However I have lost respect for him this year, I wonder if he would consider himself a dangerous driver & call himself infront of the GPDA for a quiet word?

PolePosition_1
4th November 2008, 13:05
i think i can justify the penalty/no penalty situation.

in Japan, the stewards deemed that Hamiltons Manouvre forced Raikkonen off the track, whilst failing to stay on the track himself, and i think they though this consitited it to be reckless/out of control

whereas,

in Brazil, Jarno put a very harsh and hard move on Bourdais, that although it left Bourdais with the options, leave the track, or have an accident, Jarno dod himself stay in the confines of thet rack.

whilst i don't necessarily agree with either decision, and i think Trulli was lucky to get away with no punishment i can see the differences between this and Japan that gives the stewards just enough room to breathe.

also, being a wet/dry track "should" afford the drivers a little more slack than in the full dry

If thats the case, why not penalise Heikki in Fuji, he made contact with Kimi, and no doubt it wasn't on purpose.

Of course we'll never know, as under the current system, which some seem apparently happy with, they don't even have to justify themselves for the rules.

jens
4th November 2008, 18:32
I've been a fan of Trulli for a long time, A VERY LONG TIME!! However I have lost respect for him this year, I wonder if he would consider himself a dangerous driver & call himself infront of the GPDA for a quiet word?

Hamilton is called a dirty and dangerous driver too, like also Sato. But this more or less means they are hard racers and such attitude is needed in a tough sport like F1. ;)

Nikki Katz
4th November 2008, 18:38
I think that this just highlights the inconsistencies of penalties this season. It could be said that Trulli's "move" on Bourdais was an accident and therefore shouldn't be punished, but compared to Hamilton letting Raikkonen past it really looks terrible.
The same could really be said about Button's pit release and overtaking move in the pits. Nobody really knows what they can get away with, it just seems to be on the whim of the stewards.

Allyc85
4th November 2008, 18:47
Yea as soon as Button pulled out of the pits I said he will get a penalty for it, but somehow he didnt. Just another case of inconsistency by the stewards.

truefan72
4th November 2008, 23:16

If you are referring to china, Bourdis was on the inside and Trulli came from the outside in, Bourdais had nowhere to go and Trulli had the entire track but decided to dive down into the in side in the first corner of the first lap with all the cars bunched up. Go look at the video of the start again and please tell me what Bourdais should have done.

truefan72
4th November 2008, 23:18
Can't remember where and when, but after China, Jarno was mad and told Ital TV that it wasn't first time Bourdais gave him problems on track.

because Trulli was mad doesn't make him right

pino
5th November 2008, 06:27
If you are referring to china, Bourdis was on the inside and Trulli came from the outside in, Bourdais had nowhere to go and Trulli had the entire track but decided to dive down into the in side in the first corner of the first lap with all the cars bunched up. Go look at the video of the start again and please tell me what Bourdais should have done.

I would appreciate if you could post that video, because for what I remember Jarno was much ahead of Bourdais when he was sendt off track, that's why he was mad at him.

because Trulli was mad doesn't make him right

That's right but Jarno doesn't get mad without a good reason...

ShiftingGears
5th November 2008, 07:08
That's right but Jarno doesn't get mad without a good reason...

And he couldn't just be biased could he?