PDA

View Full Version : Domenicalli gives title to Lewis?

Good racing Fan
3rd November 2008, 11:29
Because of all the silly excuses made by ferrari fans I've decided to post this and give them a more plausible excuse to back up the claim Lewis is undeserving of the title.

In Fuji Kimi had close to no chance of retaining his title.
He had a 27 point deficit with 30 points remaining yet he was allowed to finish ahead of Massa.
Great job Stefano keep up the good work it's decisons like this that will make it alot easier for the Ferrari brass to crawl back to Ross Brawn and beg him to take the job they would not give him when he asked for it.

Come to think of it this isn't an excuse it's a flame directed at the people in charge at Ferrari specificly Stefano Domenicalli.
Who is a great guy but seems to lack the guts to make big decisions when they are needed and thus when he does make them it is often allready too late.
Yes team orders are not allowed but that doesn't mean you cannot persuade a driver to use common sense.

Valve Bounce
3rd November 2008, 11:41
Wait till ioan reads this - he will explode. :eek:

Powered by Cosworth
3rd November 2008, 12:06
Dominicali is bloody useless. Luca should give him a long hard kick up the arse or tell him to sling his hook.

Mark
3rd November 2008, 12:11
Yes but it is all about 1 point. You could say that any point during the season, the slightest thing would have seen a different result yesterday. It would have only taken Hamilton finishing one place lower in one race, and Massa would be champion right now.

Good racing Fan
3rd November 2008, 12:41
Yes but it is all about 1 point. You could say that any point during the season, the slightest thing would have seen a different result yesterday. It would have only taken Hamilton finishing one place lower in one race, and Massa would be champion right now.

Absolutely true but those are things the Ferrari brass had no control over.
All they had to do here was give Felipe number one status all the conditions to do so were there.
Do you seriously think any teammate would ever have finished infront of Michael in such a siuation?
It seems to me that ever since Todt and Brawn are gone Ferrari has gone backwards in terms of strategy and teamwork.
Who would ever have thought that Ferrari would loose a title because of a failure to name a number one driver?

pino
3rd November 2008, 12:50
Massa 2nd, Kimi 3rd overall, plus Ferrari wins the Contructors Title for 8th time in the last 10 years, and Domenicali is useless ? :crazy:

Tazio
3rd November 2008, 13:27
Somebody send me a PM when BS threads like this have subsided
They make me ill!

Powered by Cosworth
3rd November 2008, 13:37
Massa 2nd, Kimi 3rd overall, plus Ferrari wins the Contructors Title for 8th time in the last 10 years, and Domenicali is useless ? :crazy:

The Ferrari this year was VERY strong, it's not like Dominicali tried to make the best of a bad car and got 2nd, he hashed up an easy championship that should have been wrapped up races ago.

truefan72
3rd November 2008, 18:56

agreed
and losing the WCC by one point. which in reality (if the Spa decision had stood) would have been already decided by a larger margin this year.

Ferrari won the WDC and were a very good team this year. Mclaren and Hamilton were just bettrer and more consistent.

Rollo
3rd November 2008, 19:12

A retrospective 25sec penalty somewhere should do it. Given the opportunity the FIA tried. Perhaps they could look into Lewis cutting over the blend line going into the pits at Brazil...

samuratt
3rd November 2008, 19:23

with the car they had, they should have won the WCD too. Just my opinion though :)

pino
3rd November 2008, 19:28
with the car they had, they should have won the WCD too. Just my opinion though :)

If Massa's engine didn't brake in Hungary (he was leading with 3 laps left), Ferrari would have won both title ;)

Valve Bounce
3rd November 2008, 20:56
.....................then there was some foul up during a pit stop, wasn't there?

nigelred5
4th November 2008, 23:40
They tried to develop a pit system that would prevent exactly what happened. Human error effed that system up.

I have to say I still dislike a points system that doesn't reward race victories more. 2 points between 1 and 2 isn't enough, but please, no hair-brained gold silver bronze olympic bs either.

Jag_Warrior
5th November 2008, 03:58
I blame the stewards. I think they could/should have tried harder!

markabilly
8th November 2008, 19:35
.....................then there was some foul up during a pit stop, wasn't there?

That was absolutely the most incompetent bunch of nonsense this year....they had already had several moments of "near collisions" in the pit lane before the incident of the fuel hose....it was just good luck that some car and a ferrari did not come together and take out a pit crew or two.

But oh no, they continued to use it race after race(and the fia should have stopped them due to safety issues as demonstrated by the near collisions) ......so while many things might come down to discretionary, judgment type decisions made in moments of haste in the middle of a race, this was not one of those.

Just pure grossly negligent incompetence and complete lack of common sense.

Cost massa a wdc and should have cost ferrari the WCC--perhaps with some heavy penalties on the team ala Mac the year before.....

Valve Bounce
10th November 2008, 11:03
..................and now the TV: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72062