PDA

View Full Version : Fitting end for Honda

Mickey T
3rd November 2008, 11:08
did anybody else notice the Honda on fire in the pitlane after the race and the drivers all frantically trying to get their cars out of the way because there were no fire marshalls anywhere to be found?

best thing they could do to this year's honda. maybe the marshalls knew that already and let it burn.

veeten
3rd November 2008, 11:34
ooh... rolling hibachi. :p :

Valve Bounce
3rd November 2008, 11:39
It was bunsen !! :eek:

Mark
3rd November 2008, 12:32
Hardly any point in them turning up this year. Apparently they started development for 2009 in late 2007!

AndyL
3rd November 2008, 13:10

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he'd put a match to it.

Dave B
3rd November 2008, 14:28
I can well imagine Button seeing the funny side of such a dreadful car catching fire at the end of the season. Dreadful marshalling though, especially with so many cars and people in close proximity.

jens
3rd November 2008, 21:54
As Honda fails to attract attention with their pace (even Force India got more coverage thanks to Fisi's running in the points!), then they tried to use other methods to somehow get some attention. :p :

donKey jote
3rd November 2008, 22:34
nice one valve :laugh: bunsen burner :D
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

wmcot
3rd November 2008, 22:37
As Honda fails to attract attention with their pace (even Force India got more coverage thanks to Fisi's running in the points!), then they tried to use other methods to somehow get some attention. :p :

And now they not only have to work on improving next year's car, but they also have a bigger carbon footprint to offset! :)

VkmSpouge
3rd November 2008, 23:48
If there hadn't been any other cars or people around I would have been very happy to let the Honda burn to the ground.

longisland
4th November 2008, 01:56
I'm sure the car is biodegradable! It may have been the team's decision just to burn that kitty litter box rather than wasting money on freight.

Easy Drifter
4th November 2008, 02:01
Actually if you were watching carefully you could see fire personnel trying to get through the "mob" scene to the car. They were trying to shove people out of the way with little luck.

cy bais
4th November 2008, 03:18
LOL it was a very fitting end for them. At least they didn't have to worry about Super Aguri making them look bad when they (Honda works) does a good job doing that on their own. :)

Valve Bounce
4th November 2008, 04:44
LOL it was a very fitting end for them. At least they didn't have to worry about Super Aguri making them look bad when they (Honda works) does a good job doing that on their own. :)

:up:

leopard
4th November 2008, 07:43
wrong!, Marshal or even a kid knew exactly the fire will not burn the car when it drizzles or rain.