PDA

View Full Version : 2008 season

janneppi
3rd November 2008, 07:23
Never mind who won, who lost and what should have been.
I don't think no one can deny that it was an interesting season.

Seven different winners in five different teams. :up:

Championship fight open all the way to the last corner, with Kubica still in the fight before the second last race.

I didn't like the outcome of the season one bit, but it sure as hell was worth watching. :)

F1boat
3rd November 2008, 07:26
It was a great season, even better than the previoous three and they were all thrillling. I think that next year can be even better.

Ranger
3rd November 2008, 07:29
I thought it was the best season for a while.

It did however feel contrived at times, like in Singapore and Germany. Other times it was just plain farcical, like in Japan and Spa.

But overall it was a pretty damn good season.

christophulus
3rd November 2008, 07:31
Fantastic season but will be remembered by most people for the mistakes and penalties rather than the racing. Shame because it's been so close and competitive all the way to the end!

ShiftingGears
3rd November 2008, 07:48
Best F1 season I've ever watched. More exciting races than 2006 and 2007 put together!

ArrowsFA1
3rd November 2008, 08:26
Fantastic season but will be remembered by most people for the mistakes and penalties rather than the racing. Shame because it's been so close and competitive all the way to the end!
I hope that what we saw on Sunday will be what the 2008 season is remembered for. Two WDC challengers, extraordinarily unpredictable conditions and the title won on the last lap of the last race of the season.

Regardless of anything else, throughout the season Massa and Hamilton have shown themselves to be fierce competitors who respect each other. The same can be said of Ferrari and McLaren.

leopard
3rd November 2008, 09:01
We may expect the same tight competition as this season is to be in effect next year. Big teams have decided to retain their current formation, roughly we can forecast whoever have good start will be a hint to lead and win the championship. Massa has a not too good start this season, he must note down that good start is half of the battle.

Learning from this year's experience Mercedez should intensify their plan to give Force India their engine, there would be gentlemen agreement in condition crucial determining the result every little bit of help from team they supplied engine would be a worthiness.

Next season probably will be more exciting considering the increased performance of Renault and high consistency driver like Alonso might put them in the mix besides the existing Ferrari-McLaren-BMW to glisten the season.

markabilly
3rd November 2008, 10:07
It was very boring, until the very last few laps when SV proved who the real man was on the track compared to LH.

MaX made it a bit interesting, but outside of penalities and stupid mistakes (LH crashing out the Kimster, massa pit slop at singaport) BORING.

Compared to last year, last year was far more intersting, but not for the on track stuff (actually a bit more interesting on track that year than this), but for all the soap opera and appeals yadada

truefan72
3rd November 2008, 18:58
it was a rollercoaster ride of emotions all season long. And certainly one to be remembered.

schmenke
3rd November 2008, 19:01
The season was made intersting due to the stewards :dozey:

Let's hope for a better season next year.

samuratt
3rd November 2008, 19:29
The seasson has been interesting and had a terrific end. What else you can ask for?

I hope next year we have more of this, but with better racing and less incidents.

jso1985
3rd November 2008, 20:56
It was very boring, until the very last few laps when SV proved who the real man was on the track compared to LH.

MaX made it a bit interesting, but outside of penalities and stupid mistakes (LH crashing out the Kimster, massa pit slop at singaport) BORING.

Compared to last year, last year was far more intersting, but not for the on track stuff (actually a bit more interesting on track that year than this), but for all the soap opera and appeals yadada

you never seem to be happy when it comes to F1, then why you keep watching it? :confused:

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd November 2008, 21:13
I'd say this season along with 2007 has been the most watchable season I can remember. Early on in the season I thought we would have a Ferrari walk over as they were about 2-tenths a lap faster, but it turned out to be the closest seasons in decades.

I hope next year is another classic, and 5 drivers go into the last race level on points, and the championship is won on the last corner again.