PDA

View Full Version : Congatulations to Felipe Massa and Ferrari - WCC 2008

F1boat
2nd November 2008, 18:55
Felipe did a tremendous race and well done for Scuderia Ferrari - their 8th constructors championship in the last ten years!

Corny
2nd November 2008, 18:56
Though I don't think he will be happy

Knock-on
2nd November 2008, 18:57
Well done to them. Massa deserved that victory today and DotD for me :up:

Robinho
2nd November 2008, 18:57
in all the madness of the championship celebrations, i just want to say well done to Felipe Massa, he could not have done more all weekend, had the title won when he crossed the line and still ended up second.

a great drive, great class on the podium and in the car despite losing out and i have to say that he has completley changed my opinion of him, i didn't think he had enough to challenge for a title, nor did i think he could cope with pressure, he's done all that and more this year and kudos to him for taking the fight to the wire. great effort and a great 2nd place.

F1boat
2nd November 2008, 18:58
No, not now, but in the end they did a fantastic race and did not come empty-handed from this championship. As LdM said, they can say that they are the world champions :)

Robinho
2nd November 2008, 19:03
classy press conference, lovely guy, great competitor

yodasarmpit
2nd November 2008, 19:03
He has progressed so much in the last year that I expect him to be challenging again next year and not Kimi.

Knock-on
2nd November 2008, 19:04
in all the madness of the championship celebrations, i just want to say well done to Felipe Massa, he could not have done more all weekend, had the title won when he crossed the line and still ended up second.

a great drive, great class on the podium and in the car despite losing out and i have to say that he has completley changed my opinion of him, i didn't think he had enough to challenge for a title, nor did i think he could cope with pressure, he's done all that and more this year and kudos to him for taking the fight to the wire. great effort and a great 2nd place.

Totally agree with every word. :up:

harvick#1
2nd November 2008, 19:08
well done to Felipe, hes getting better and better each season at Ferrari and next year could be very well his year.

Daniel
2nd November 2008, 19:08
Congrats to Felipe on a very good second in the title in a car that wasn't always the best. Hopefully next year is a better one :up:

ArrowsFA1
2nd November 2008, 19:10
Felipe did everything he could to win the title. He could have done no more and was a class act in championship defeat and race victory today :up:

Ian McC
2nd November 2008, 19:12
Really proved himself this year, certainly an F1 star now.

Rollo
2nd November 2008, 19:19
Felipe has been a worthy adversary this year. He did all and exactly what was required of him today. One couldn't help but feel a little sorry for him when he pulled back into the pits, the look of those eyes through the helmet said it all.

VkmSpouge
2nd November 2008, 19:27
Ferrari took a deserved Constructors' Championship. Felipe Massa drove really well throughout the season and was a good competitor to the end.

Allyc85
2nd November 2008, 19:30

Couldnt put it better myself mate, top comment :D :D

gloomyDAY
3rd November 2008, 04:19
I felt bad when the camera moved over to Massa's family and were informed over the loss of the title. His dad's head bowed down and it was far more emotional than I thought it would ever be.

Class act Felipe, and the best of luck for 2009!

truefan72
3rd November 2008, 04:43
yes congrats to massa for a very good second place.
He did everything he had to do ni the last race spurred on by his home crowd. But it was always going to be a daunting task to win and hope for LH to finish lower than fifth. The emotions at the end were probably from the roller coaster ride the last lap took him, but after a while, he composed himself well and was the only one of the r 3 in the press conference to congratulate Hamilton. He has shown to be a likable man and dignified driver despite me not liking the team.

I hope he comes away feeling like a worth advisory and not feeling like a loser, because he certainly wasn't.

ShiftingGears
3rd November 2008, 05:14
He's a class act. Kudos to him for improving so much as a driver over the last few years.

Also won the wet race without steward intervention. Great :up:

Tazio
3rd November 2008, 05:22
His drive in Brazil rates with the greats!

pino
3rd November 2008, 06:53
Massa really impressed me in the whole weekend, not only with his driving skills but with his nice personality, and huge heart too :up: He's defenitely in the list of my favourite drivers now :D

aryan
3rd November 2008, 07:32
Congratulations to Ferrarri.

But I think there is too much drama here. They clearly had the fastest car over the season, with two able drivers, and yet, failed to win both championships. Mostly due to repeated strategic mistakes.

christophulus
3rd November 2008, 07:35
The only team who deserve the WCC this year, congratulations.

Ferrari had two drivers competing for (at least half) of the year, whereas Kovalainen was very quiet and hindered McLaren. He needs to step up if McLaren are going to win it next year!

Ranger
3rd November 2008, 07:40
Congratulations to Ferrarri.

But I think there is too much drama here. They clearly had the fastest car over the season, with two able drivers, and yet, failed to win both championships. Mostly due to repeated strategic mistakes.

They won the constructor's title by 19 points.

Mark
3rd November 2008, 08:17
Ferrari were by far the best package this year IMO. If they too had one driver doing the winning then they would be drivers champions too.

I think it does say a lot about Kova's lack of pace, mind.

Daniel
3rd November 2008, 08:31
I would disagree with that. I would say the McLaren was far better. Ferrari were crap in the wet.

ChrisS
3rd November 2008, 08:37
Congrats to the team for winning the WCC but somehow I think winning the WCC this season should have been a lot easier for Ferrari

gloomyDAY
3rd November 2008, 15:55
http://i38.tinypic.com/34i1bnp.jpg

Heart wrenching.

truefan72
3rd November 2008, 18:29
http://i38.tinypic.com/34i1bnp.jpg

Heart wrenching.

yes indeeed,

And I do beleive that both Maclaren's and Ferrari's were equally as fast this year with a slight edge to Mclaren on relaibilty and performance in incliment conditions as well as pit crews.

This championship would have been won in Shangai if
1. The FIA did not overturn the Spa race
2. Massa had not spun LH out of contention, and the FIa brought him in for a stupid penalty

and the constructor title would have been closer if anybody but Kovy were driving that 2nd Mclaren. He simple did not do his part for the majority of the year. He lucked inot his one race win and never did enough in the others to keep the Mac's at the top. Kovy needs to do much much more in 2009 or he'll be replaced before the season is over.

jens
3rd November 2008, 22:16
Congrats to Felipe! Despite a troubled beginning of season and consistent criticism towards him he proved that he is a genuine top driver and a classy race in changing conditions confirmed this.

As I have said before, for me there wasn't much difference, who was going to win the title and hence I really enjoyed the last few laps. It's even a bit sad that one of those great rivals had to lose in the end. What makes the loss a bit sadder, is that for some reason I fear this might have been Massa's best chance to win the title. Either due to Ferrari's fall in the future or he gets a new team-mate, who beats him (Alonso? Vettel?), but I hope this hunch is wrong and we will see Massa in title battles in the future too as he as a driver has proved that he as a driver is certainly capable of mounting such challenge.

BDunnell
3rd November 2008, 22:40
Congrats to Felipe! Despite a troubled beginning of season and consistent criticism towards him he proved that he is a genuine top driver and a classy race in changing conditions confirmed this.

As I have said before, for me there wasn't much difference, who was going to win the title and hence I really enjoyed the last few laps. It's even a bit sad that one of those great rivals had to lose in the end. What makes the loss a bit sadder, is that for some reason I fear this might have been Massa's best chance to win the title. Either due to Ferrari's fall in the future or he gets a new team-mate, who beats him (Alonso? Vettel?), but I hope this hunch is wrong and we will see Massa in title battles in the future too as he as a driver has proved that he as a driver is certainly capable of mounting such challenge.

:up:

I can't add anything to that.

nigelred5
3rd November 2008, 22:54
yes indeeed,

And I do beleive that both Maclaren's and Ferrari's were equally as fast this year with a slight edge to Mclaren on relaibilty and performance in incliment conditions as well as pit crews.

This championship would have been won in Shangai if
1. The FIA did not overturn the Spa race
2. Massa had not spun LH out of contention, and the FIa brought him in for a stupid penalty

and the constructor title would have been closer if anybody but Kovy were driving that 2nd Mclaren. He simple did not do his part for the majority of the year. He lucked inot his one race win and never did enough in the others to keep the Mac's at the top. Kovy needs to do much much more in 2009 or he'll be replaced before the season is over.

And if Ferrari hadn't suffered engine failure at Hungary with Massa far out in the lead three laps from the finish? Massa +10, Hamilton -1
Or if Ferrari's infamous pit light hadn't sent Filipe out of the pits with the fuel rig attached?? Massa was easily the equal of Hamilton, and IMHO his overall drives were far more impressive. I agree, the edge went to Mclaren on the equipment this year, yet I feel Massa was the better driver.

Kovy had no chance to challenge Hamilton, he always was saddled with the heavier fuel loads, even when he was turning faster lap times in practice than Hamilton. Hamiton got lucky this week. Gawd is this going to be a winter on the boards. :hmph:

ArrowsFA1
4th November 2008, 07:50
What makes the loss a bit sadder, is that for some reason I fear this might have been Massa's best chance to win the title...
Sadly I think you might be right. I thought 2007 was Felipe's best chance for the WDC. He was firmly established at Ferrari alongside a "newboy" in the other seat and the chance was there to impose himself on the team but perhaps Kimi's reputation (and salary!) meant Ferrari saw things a little differently. This year Felipe has more than been a match for the disappointing Kimi so 2008 was perhaps an even better opportunity for him and yet he just came up short.

There are a whole new set of challenges for everyone with the new regs in 2009. Kimi will (or should!) be out to right what went wrong this year or he could find himself shown the door. Hamilton has the impetus of being WDC. The likes of Vettel and Kubica are on the rise.

It's a tough ask for Felipe, but it will be fascinating to see how he responds.

pino
4th November 2008, 09:59
And if Ferrari hadn't suffered engine failure at Hungary with Massa far out in the lead three laps from the finish? Massa +10, Hamilton -1
Or if Ferrari's infamous pit light hadn't sent Filipe out of the pits with the fuel rig attached?? Massa was easily the equal of Hamilton...

Well said :up: Not to mention that Kimi was as bad as Kovalainen or Ferrari would've won the Constructor Title months ago ;)

555-04Q2
4th November 2008, 11:00
Well done Ferrari and well done Massa! Hopefully next year they can secure both titles! 2009, here we come :)