PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Pivato

urabus-denoS2000
2nd November 2008, 09:14
Very bad news

Patrick Pivato is in critical condition and the next 24 hours will be the most important.
There have been some complications becuase of inner-bleeding.
He has overcame 2nd surgery and will probably have to go to 3rd surgery

I really wish for him to overcome this
Patrick,we are with you

Wittmanello
2nd November 2008, 09:27
Terrible news, but those press releases are older than 24 hours!
I hope he will get better and there will be more information comming up soon!!!

Koppomsbo
2nd November 2008, 10:43
Bad bad news :(

cut the b.s.
2nd November 2008, 11:26
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=3181&desc=Patrick%20Pivato%20update

Seems he is improving, hope he makes a full recovery, a horrible smash.

J4MIE
2nd November 2008, 13:08
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=3181&desc=Patrick%20Pivato%20update

Seems he is improving, hope he makes a full recovery, a horrible smash.

That's at least positive news :) Seems to be quite bad injuries but hopefully he will continue to improve :up:

Larry_Japan
2nd November 2008, 16:00
Nice message from the Ford team on the podium, to Pivato "Get Well Soon". I think we all support that, let's hope he is stable and home as soon as possible.

pino
2nd November 2008, 16:27
Best whishes from me for a quick recovery :up:

Lalo
2nd November 2008, 19:07
Get well Patrick!! :D We all wish you the best for your recovery!

N.O.T
2nd November 2008, 19:08
hope he recovers as soon as possible.

Koppomsbo
3rd November 2008, 10:47
Any more news about Patrick?

Viking
3rd November 2008, 11:01
From Belgian news and Google translate

Positive development for Patrick Pivato (La Dernière Heure 03/11/2008)

Blood pressure of improving co Duval

SAPPORO The news from the hospital where Tokuskukai Higashi arrived yesterday the wife of Patrick Pivato and his brother are reassuring. Thanks to donations A + seven Europeans (including David Lapworth, Subaru boss and mechanics Citroen, Suzuki and even a French journalist), his blood pressure returned better and the rate of clotting more or less good. "The trend is positive and should allow a new operation Monday to remove everything that surgeons had placed in the belly to stop bleeding. Next Tuesday, they should address the pelvis and fractures of the tibia," says François Duval remained at his bedside pilot injured Friday during the first stage of the Rally of Japan when their Ford was embedded in a steel stake. "The relief efforts have been half an hour to arrive and he lost a lot of blood. For now, doctors prefer to leave it in an artificial coma so that it does not move and that his wounds close faster."

After the operation this morning, it will take three days because of the risk of infection to see if it is out of danger. "I'll stay by his side until his alarm clock," Francis decided one can not, for now, consider following his career without Patrick. We will therefore wait decently more good news and the beginning of a long rehabilitation before considering whether Duval run on Wales on 5 December, and with what team.

I am evil Homer
3rd November 2008, 11:12
Nice to see everyone coming together like that to donate blood. Seems like positive news as well :up:

Daniel
3rd November 2008, 12:29
Yeah that's great to hear. Let's hope it continues like this.

WRCfan
3rd November 2008, 12:48
Once again this shows the comradeship amongst those involved in the WRC. When it comes to the crunch it's great to know even your rivals have your back. Truly a noble thing how everyone has done what they can to help Patrick.

Great news too that he seems to be improving even if only slightly given the nature of the incident and injuries sustained.

mdesign
3rd November 2008, 13:10
I didn't know it was so bad! :'(
Hope he gets well soon!

PuddleJumper
3rd November 2008, 13:26
What a horrible accident, but well done to all the emergency crews who responded so quickly to get Patrick the urgent medical attention he needed. Nice to see everyone coming together to help in any possible way. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he is well enough to fly home soon.

Best wishes, Patrick. :)

User
4th November 2008, 15:54
Patrick woke up this morning an responded to things that were said to him.

Bad news though: Pivato's personal insurance doesn't cover medical cares outside Europe, so he has to pay all the medical bills :o Doesn't the team or the rally organization cover those bills?

source: fduval.com

pino
4th November 2008, 16:09
Never mind about money, most important thing is that He's getting well and hopefully soon He will go home :up:

Good Luck Patrick !

Daniel
4th November 2008, 16:19
What Pino said. I'm sure Ford or someone will sort the money out.

Fischer
4th November 2008, 17:35
This guy was very lucky. Many people with such trauma die within an hour after the accident because of multi-organ failure due to hypovolemic shock, but luckily he was brought to a hospital in time.

bowler
10th November 2008, 05:11
patrick will fly home on Tuesday.

bowler
17th November 2008, 19:41
Patrick is in hospital in Lyon. He had an operation on Sunday and is progressing well.

bt52b
18th November 2008, 03:01
Good to hear. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

DonJippo
18th November 2008, 09:51
Patrick is in hospital in Lyon. He had an operation on Sunday and is progressing well.

Good news, hope he will have a full recovery :up:

bowler
24th November 2008, 03:20
Website for Patrick

http://www.pivato.fr/

rus
24th November 2008, 20:32
Website for Patrick

http://www.pivato.fr/

Hello guys, you can encourage Patrick on this website. I think he'd really appreciate some "english" encouragements during his long days in hospital.

xavier
24th November 2008, 21:10
That's nice to hear news from Patrick directly. best wishes for a good recovery.

PS: As he is now not in a critical condition, maybe an admin could rename the thread.

VFTS
24th November 2008, 22:25
Hello guys, you can encourage Patrick on this website. I think he'd really appreciate some "english" encouragements during his long days in hospital.

I would love to give him some encourages, but except from the french there are not many europeans that understand whats written in his website. I dont know where to navigate....

Fly
25th November 2008, 07:36
I would love to give him some encourages, but except from the french there are not many europeans that understand whats written in his website. I dont know where to navigate....

http://www.pivato.fr

rus
25th November 2008, 20:39

1. go to "forum"
2. push on "m'enregistrer"
3. push on "j'accepte ces conditions"

then
1. nom d'utilisateur (username)
2. your e-mail
3. confirmation e-mail
4. mot de passe (pasword)
5. confirmation mot de passe (confirmation pasword)
6. langue (language)
7. timezone
8. code de confirmation (confirmation code)
9. envoyer

then back in forum
1. Soutien à Patrick Pivato
2. now you can type your encouragements