PDA

View Full Version : Sèbastien Loeb Five Times World Champion!!

Lalo
2nd November 2008, 04:45
Just through the last SS of Rally Japan..

Congratulations Sèb for a great season and the unique record of being five consecutive times World Champion! He isn't my favorite at all, but it's something we should all congrats him for.

Also what a fight with Mikko Hirvonen all season long. He has really left ou mouth-opened fighting against the best driver of all times. He'll be a big title contender next season, that's for sure!

alexlake
2nd November 2008, 06:48
yeah, im well pleased for loeb, if anyone deserves to beat makinens record it is loeb.

Next year maybe it will be subaru fighting the drivers title! (i can dream!)

go loeb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Langdale Forest
2nd November 2008, 07:01
Loeb is the best! :champion: :champion: :champion: :champion: :champion:

F1boat
2nd November 2008, 07:26
Loeb - the King of Rallying. (bow)

Sulland
2nd November 2008, 08:11
The Loeb Citroen Combo is very impressive.

Gongratultion on number 5, and good luck on number 6 in 2009.

Hopefully both Ogier and Mikkelsen in a C4 in 09 will push you harder than you have been the last couple of years !!

urabus-denoS2000
2nd November 2008, 09:03
Hopefully both Ogier and Mikkelsen in a C4 in 09 will push you harder than you have been the last couple of years !!

And Rautenbach :p :p :p :p ;)

Congratulations to Loeb,tke King of Kings!!!

A.F.F.
2nd November 2008, 09:36
Congrats Sebastien and Daniel.

Even the first half of the season gave an illusion it'll be tougher than we tough, not even the farce of the latter half can't prevent the brilliancve of this pair of pilots.

One of the best :up:

pino
2nd November 2008, 10:23
Amazing results for Sebastien and Daniel, congrats to both :up:

Barreis
2nd November 2008, 10:43
Best driver/codriver in the WRC for books!

Daniel
2nd November 2008, 11:12
Who would have known back all those years ago he'd take 5 titles? Simply amazing and here's to better competition next year which stops it being 6 in a row. I bet Sebastien would love that!

koko0703
2nd November 2008, 11:24
Congratulations to both Loeb and Elena!!! No matter whose your opponents are, winning the championship for a consecutive 5 times is something special.

cut the b.s.
2nd November 2008, 11:34
Congratulation Seb, deserved result, hope 09 brings a more credible title challenge. If it weren't for the 12 points lost in the freak crash with Rautenbach the title would have been over a while ago.
Hope Citroen can tie up the Manu in GB, although they have the one that counts already ;-)

J4MIE
2nd November 2008, 13:13
Congratulations both of them :up:

Now he can go for the win in GB and not have anything to worry about.....

Also I'm sure he can do the same again next year - who'd dare to bet against it?

MikeD
2nd November 2008, 14:11
Well done Loeb & Elena. 5 titles in a row. :up:

Only Schumacher, Rossi, Doohan and Agustini has managed the same in a world championship in motorsport.

AndyRAC
2nd November 2008, 14:20

Only Schumacher, Rossi, Doohan and Agustini has managed the same in a world championship in motorsport.

And while they are all acknowledged as Legends, for some reason he isn't - or that's the feeling I get!

A shame he won his Title on the day the F1 crown is decided.

m.lowe
2nd November 2008, 14:26
Big respect and congratulations to Seb and Dan on their 5th title
Despite what other non Loeb fans think to win 5 titles out of 6 full WRC seasons is some mean acheivement.

Long may they continue in the WRC

alexlake
2nd November 2008, 14:50
Despite what other non Loeb fans think to win 5 titles out of 6 full WRC seasons is some mean acheivement.

Long may they continue in the WRC

and he was very close in that first season, losing out, just, in Wales!.

dimviii
2nd November 2008, 16:36
Congrats to Loeb and Elena ror the 5th champ in a row!

Very well deserved..

janvanvurpa
2nd November 2008, 16:49

And what about Joel Robert from Charleroi, in Belgie.
6 times 250cc World Moto-cross Champion?

And a friendly man, too, who always had time to share a beer and a laugh.

And the son of 1 time 250 World Champion Harry Everts from Bree, Belgium,
Stefan Everts who won 7 World Championship titles?

Moto-cross of course if far far more demanding than sitting in a car driving around a simple circuit with a few simple curves and no bumps, but why exclude them from your lists just because they are real atheltes?

(Forgive me, but Robert and the senior Everts were active in the same sport at the same time as me and we've crossed paths on the same track same class---they beat me like a drum but still it was fantastic to see them flash by!)

Anyway, Congrats to Loeb.
I am sure he wishes for more competition more than anything else.

Tomi
2nd November 2008, 17:42
they beat me like a drum but still it was fantastic to see them flash by!)

yes, but that was only because you where learning the bike ;)

Woodeye
2nd November 2008, 18:21
Congrats to Seb and Daniel! Truly amazing to get 5 titles. :up:

N.O.T
2nd November 2008, 19:10
5 in a row.....well deserved...none came even close all these years.

jparker
2nd November 2008, 19:24
Congrads to Seb, Daniel and the entire Citroen team. Great effort from all of them, truly deserved 5th driver's title, for sure historical one. Cheers.

White Sauron
3rd November 2008, 06:35
Congratulations to Seb and Daniel!
But what I didn't like was that Sebastien paid no tribute to Mikko's championship effort. Not very good from him... Generally it's normal to thank the rival for a good fight.

Daniel
3rd November 2008, 07:34
Congratulations to Seb and Daniel!
But what I didn't like was that Sebastien paid no tribute to Mikko's championship effort. Not very good from him... Generally it's normal to thank the rival for a good fight.

And you know what? I'd put money on it that he did congratulate Mikko when Mikko would have come up to him to congratulate him on the title. What Seb seems to have forgotten was to ham it up for the cameras so people like yourself are happy. Oh well!

White Sauron
3rd November 2008, 08:08
And you know what? I'd put money on it that he did congratulate Mikko when Mikko would have come up to him to congratulate him on the title. What Seb seems to have forgotten was to ham it up for the cameras so people like yourself are happy. Oh well!

There's such a thing as publicity. Yes, I'm quite sure he congratulated Mikko tet-a-tet, but didn't mention anything in public speaches (press-conferences, interviews), which isn't quite good IMHO.

Daniel
3rd November 2008, 08:29
Why not? He probably did it but just didn't blow his own trumpet about it.

White Sauron
3rd November 2008, 08:34
Why not? He probably did it but just didn't blow his own trumpet about it.

Ok, no matter, he's great, and he proved it once again. Well deserved, Seb and Daniel! And hope for even another (and real - I mean on stages, not on paper) close fight next year.

bluuford
3rd November 2008, 14:51
Congratulations to Loeb,
I hope that next year will be the first when he really has to fight for the championship in straight fight. It happened only once in 2003, when he lost to Solberg.
in 2004 he just had to finish in fourth in Corsica to collect the title. He finished second behind Martin and took the title
in 2005, He needed only 6 points in Japan. He was on course to six points until Solberg retired and Loeb took 8 points and Title
in 2006 he took the title while sitting at home and hearing the news that Marcus went off and he got his third title.
in 2007 he had to finish in 6th place in GB to get the title. He finished third and got the title
in 2008 he had to finish in third, and he did it.
I hope to see him fight for the win on the last rally like he did in 2003.

Somehow I have feeling that he doesn't win in GB and we wont see any "fight" from him in this year. Most probably Latvala and Hirvonen will be 1,2 again and Loeb thinks about the Manu title. They need at least 7 points to win, so if he finishes in third then Dani needs to finish in top 8. I cannot see him fighting for the higher places. If he goes off then it is little bit too tall order for Dani to finish in second..

gloomyDAY
3rd November 2008, 19:03
:o

Ghostwalker
4th November 2008, 10:17
bluuford, if i remember i correctly, in 2003 finalround in Wales. Seb was ordered to drive carefully to secure Citroens manufacturers title.

xavier
4th November 2008, 14:05
Somehow I have feeling that he doesn't win in GB and we wont see any "fight" from him in this year. Most probably Latvala and Hirvonen will be 1,2 again and Loeb thinks about the Manu title. They need at least 7 points to win, so if he finishes in third then Dani needs to finish in top 8. I cannot see him fighting for the higher places. If he goes off then it is little bit too tall order for Dani to finish in second..

Considering Dani's record of DNF this year, plus the fact that Seb want to win GB, i am pretty sure he will try to go for a win. A 1st or 2nd place ensure the title no matter what Dani does.

ShiftingGears
5th November 2008, 07:41
I bet he can win at least 3 more.

jso1985
9th November 2008, 00:55

Actually taking count all sports, 5 titles in a row or more are rare acomplishments, the ones I can recall is Lyon winning the French Football league like 7 times in a row since 2002(I think), Roger Federer winning Wimbledon 5 times from 2003-2007 and Real Madrid winning the european cup 5 times from 1956 to 1960.

I'm sure there plenty of other examples in other sports but basically each one has very few acomplishing such feat.

Loeb is a true legend :up:

Magnus
10th November 2008, 09:10
I guess that Loeb will have free hands in GB and thus will go for a win. If he wins he will beat his own "unbeatable" record of ten wins during one season. Eleven wins in one season... Now that would be something for the books, and also a sad indication of the state of WRC...

alleskids
10th November 2008, 15:08
And add the last of the misisng classic rallies to his portofolio. At least officially then, since he already won the rally after Micheal Park got killed and Loeb gave his win away to Petter. Ironicly it is the 13th win for Petter and he has not had a chance for victory since. Could it be a double curse?

kakus
11th November 2008, 17:11
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=3228&desc=Marcus%20Gronholm:%20‘Loeb%20is%20the%20great est%20ever%20WRC%20driver’