PDA

View Full Version : Schumacher BBC interview

ShiftingGears
30th October 2008, 10:20
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_radio/inside_sport/7694331.stm

Great interview - bar the overdose of Lewis questions.

Hawkmoon
30th October 2008, 10:49
Definently a great interview.

I like the way he says things like "our car" and "our team". He seems to still have some emotional investment in Ferrari.

He does rate Hamilton, and rightly so, but his comments about telemetry reinforce how difficult it is to compare drivers seperated by even small periods of time. Puts the comparions between Hamilton and Senna in a proper persepective, I think.

ioan
30th October 2008, 12:44
Excellent! Very insightful interview.
Thanks for posting it. :up:

Knock-on
30th October 2008, 13:36
Good interview.

yodasarmpit
30th October 2008, 17:35
Now that was an interesting interview, I just wish they hadn't focused so much at the start on Lewis.
Schumi does seem like a much more relaxed character now that he's no longer driving.

Tazio
30th October 2008, 22:52
"Tits" !!

Knock-on
31st October 2008, 09:42
Is it me or is MS starting to look more like David Hasslehoft as time goes by :)

Give him a perm and a bit of chest hair and he's there :D

ioan
31st October 2008, 12:00
Is it me or is MS starting to look more like David Hasslehoft as time goes by :)

Give him a perm and a bit of chest hair and he's there :D

:laugh: You've got way to much imagination. It must have been the leather pants. :rotflmao:

PS: The other guy's name is David Hasselhoff! ;)

Knock-on
31st October 2008, 12:09
:laugh: You've got way to much imagination. It must have been the leather pants. :rotflmao:

PS: The other guy's name is David Hasselhoff! ;)

Well, the leather pants started it. Must have Betty Swallocks with the temprature out there :D

Then the neckless and open shirt.

Perhaps in the remake, KITT could be a Ferrari :D

Tazio
31st October 2008, 13:52
Then the neckless and open shirt.

:D The Crucifix was quite pominent!
Now I can rest easy knowing he's not "Born Again"! ;)

Knock-on
31st October 2008, 14:22
As long as Schumy doesn't do this.

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/knock-on/Funny/?action=view&current=HoffSoap.gif

Tazio
31st October 2008, 14:58
As long as Schumy doesn't do this.

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/knock-on/Funny/?action=view&current=HoffSoap.gifMy only lingering fear I would like assuaged is Mike going techno! Scary Movie! :eek:

31st October 2008, 16:27

What struck me most was just how relaxed and happy he appeared to be.

Mind you, having retired from F1 myself, I can vouch that it does wonders for your quality of life.

gravity
2nd November 2008, 10:12
Still a very sharp thinker. "Would Faldo ask Woods for help?" Very clever way of putting the question back to the interviewer.
Something that still gets my attention is the size of F1 drivers' neck muscles!

He did seem happy and relaxed. I hope that one day we all get to see the background story behind who MS really is. Not just about his F1 stats.

And all the "Lewis" questions... that was really irritating! What was the interviewer thinking? A bit like watching a 2 year old obsess over a new toy. Tunnel vision and all that.

ShiftingGears
2nd November 2008, 10:38
And all the "Lewis" questions... that was really irritating! What was the interviewer thinking? A bit like watching a 2 year old obsess over a new toy. Tunnel vision and all that.

To be fair to him - they want the headlines. And opinions about Britains next potential world champion from Schumacher is what interests the wider British public.

gravity
2nd November 2008, 11:29
In my view, he conducted a pretty ordinary interview. It needed MS's clever comments and inside info to save it. I reckon there are a few forum members here who could have done a better job of asking MS some questions....

So, if u were given the chance to interview MS, what questions would you like to have answered by the 7 times world champion?

Bagwan
2nd November 2008, 11:56
In my view, he conducted a pretty ordinary interview. It needed MS's clever comments and inside info to save it. I reckon there are a few forum members here who could have done a better job of asking MS some questions....

So, if u were given the chance to interview MS, what questions would you like to have answered by the 7 times world champion?

!. -What colour of lucky underwear does Felipe wear ?

2. -Is your island finished ?

3. -Did you get that cross from Mr. T ?

4. -Since you have a lot of money , could you perhaps give me some ?

5. -What does the earth weigh ?

6. -Are you ever going to apologise to Jacques ?

MrJan
2nd November 2008, 11:58
I like the way he says things like "our car" and "our team". He seems to still have some emotional investment in Ferrari.

He's on the pit wall working for them every race, it's work not emotional investment :)

As for Hamilton questions you have to consider the audience. Inside Sport is a show for general sports fans, not F1 fans. No one in Britain who doesn't watch F1 week in, week out gives a toss about past drivers, or even the current ones. They watch F1 because there is a British driver and he is the one that they want to hear about.

I find it interesting that he says he doesn't miss the adrenaline yet has spent his down time competing in motorcycle racing ;)