PDA

View Full Version : Harvey, Adam and Van der Ende Test BMWs

Eurotech
29th October 2008, 17:45
Today, Tim Harvey was driving a BMW touring car for the first time in 16 years at Brands Hatch with the Motorbase Team. Jonathan Adam also tested for the team and set good times.

Dave Bertam said he maybe joining the team next year.

The same was said about ricardo ven der Ende who tested for Team RAC at the same track....

VX_Rules
29th October 2008, 18:10
So possibly 3x 3 car teams for next year, surprised much? Wheres this money coming from?

MBailey06
29th October 2008, 19:15
Well it would be nice to see Van der Ende in the BTCC, not just because its another overseas driver, but if he was quick enough for pole at Brands in his first ever test in the car, then he must have loads of pace.

VkmSpouge
29th October 2008, 20:27
So possibly 3x 3 car teams for next year, surprised much? Wheres this money coming from?

That's probably what the teams would like to know :p :

VX_Rules
30th October 2008, 11:24
Would be good if the front running teams could get more cars out in the field as I would guess there will be less back markers entering due to the credit crunch?

Eurotech
30th October 2008, 13:33
Not always because some of the back markers aren't exactly stuck for cash....

AndySpeed
30th October 2008, 13:47
Would like to see Van der Ende racing in the BTCC for sure. Is there any news on RAC's involvement for 2009 continuing?

Eurotech
30th October 2008, 13:54
I imagine they will be seeing as in the article on btcc.net, Dick bennets said that they will test one more driver then work on their cars in the workshop.

I presume that means they will be staying in the BTCC.

AndySpeed
30th October 2008, 22:06
I imagine they will be seeing as in the article on btcc.net, Dick bennets said that they will test one more driver then work on their cars in the workshop.

I presume that means they will be staying in the BTCC.

I wasn't doubting it, I was just curious to know how long the original RAC deal was for.

Allyc85
31st October 2008, 00:36
I would love to know what Harveys lap times were?

MBailey06
31st October 2008, 07:54

And Adam's as well come to that.

tisme
31st October 2008, 12:53
Adam was apparently quicker than the three RAC drivers!

Robinho
31st October 2008, 13:22
and Van der Ende was quicker than Jelley's pole time form the season closer, so pretty impressive from both, i think the championship would be a better place for the involvement of both Adam and Van der Ende

El Sween
1st November 2008, 23:22
Nice to see Mr Van Der Ende back in the UK. It's been a long time.

BDunnell
3rd November 2008, 12:30

Me too. I'd imagine he's still pretty handy!

Eurotech
3rd November 2008, 17:39
He must be - Porsche Carerra Cup Champion - that was a hard season....