PDA

View Full Version : Off Season Championships

52Paddy
28th October 2008, 21:32
Its a bit quiet here isn't it? The buzz that used to be here seems to have disappeared (the again, I've been away for a while.)

Just curious as to how many are interested for an off season championship? I don't mind which game, see which proves most popular. I could run or co-run the championship, don't worry about that.

tannat
29th October 2008, 10:44
Its a bit quiet here isn't it? The buzz that used to be here seems to have disappeared (the again, I've been away for a while.)

Just curious as to how many are interested for an off season championship? I don't mind which game, see which proves most popular. I could run or co-run the championship, don't worry about that.

I might take part. The CMR2 crowd seems pretty strong at the moment

johnny shell
29th October 2008, 11:56
I'd enjoy taking place in a short series.

luckly, I was able to start playing online about the time things died down here, but I think offline championships are a lot of fun too.

JTLarsen
29th October 2008, 14:33
I might take part. The CMR2 crowd seems pretty strong at the moment

I'll second that!

52Paddy
29th October 2008, 18:01
That's true. Despite the lack of actual championships, the CMR2 crowd is strong. Hopefully I'll take delivery of a PC version of the game soon enough. I'll just see how things pan out and how much off-season interest there is. Feel free to add more suggestions.

Rat
31st October 2008, 10:25
Paddy, You're Back! Here we are getting ready to finish a great season and Paddy is lining up for an off season rally series. Cool! Count me in.
Maybe each rally is 2 days duration, but from different countries eg:
Day 1 Expert - France
Day 2 Inter - Finland
Any takers?

31st October 2008, 19:21
This is a fantastic site, and brilliant effort. A great piece of work as I worked on my nike shoes website http://www.oknike.com. --- Bobby (Nike shoes (http://www.oknike.com)).

52Paddy
1st November 2008, 08:19
I'm up for anything. The mix of countries would add an interesting element though. I like that. :up:

Rat
11th November 2008, 08:41
Any more on the off season rallies? With the end of 2008 drawing near, who is up for more in the(your) Winter?

52Paddy
11th November 2008, 08:50
Well, the interest didn't seem to take off yet. I don't mind running one but only if the interest is genuinely there.

Rat
12th November 2008, 08:53
I'm in for a challenge. I might do some serious testing to find more speed.

tannat
12th November 2008, 09:11
Once the CMR2 WRC is complete I ma hold a mid December "test round" for the upcoming CMR2 IRC :D

Rat
12th November 2008, 10:06
was there a thread for any info on the CMR2 IRC? I'll be busy with about 4 comps next year!

NOR
12th November 2008, 10:20
to Rat: IRC will be a bit replacement for BRC, JLarsen won't continue next year.

Ramore
12th November 2008, 11:41
Count me in. May be we can do Sweden. It's been a while since our last official snow rally.

Rat
12th November 2008, 12:22
NOR: who'll take over the reins of IRC?

NOR
12th November 2008, 12:56
to Rat: Tannat

tannat
12th November 2008, 20:22
Watch fro the upcoming issue of JTLs CMR2 magazine. A few details will be posted.

Would be nice if the actual IRC would issue their 2009 calendar...

52Paddy
12th November 2008, 20:32
Cool looking forward to the IRC. Rat, what 4 leagues will you be running in next year? I didn't realize there were more leagues planned.

JTLarsen
12th November 2008, 21:00
IRC will be a bit replacement for BRC, JTLarsen won't continue next year.

I'm still not sure if the BRC will continue next year, it depends on alot of things, how busy I'll be, the way the IRC pans out, scale of the IRC community etc..

That being said I do think that the IRC will be good! :D

Rat
13th November 2008, 09:13
I'm in the Rally Trophy off line rally(trying to sort out the online stuff), GT4 with IOR, CMR2 here and the IRC also here.
The IOR is an English run site just starting up.
The Rally Trophy is run from nogrip site.
All good fun, i hope! And busy.

52Paddy
13th November 2008, 22:02
Cool, good stuff. I used to do some online racing. Did a brief stint in a GTR league a few years, but then GTR2 leagues replaced it.

Was looking to enter the final rounds of race department's RACE 07 league but the regulations were too confusing and I never made it to the grid :(

:p :

Rat
14th November 2008, 03:49
I was looking to get into rFactor as well.

52Paddy
14th November 2008, 08:32
I considered that a while back but you had to order the game online and then download it to your computer. It was all too much hassle for me and I don't think my PC would have run it very well.

Rat
15th November 2008, 06:45
Paddy, that's why I didnt go ahead with it. A$65 for the game then time to download etc. Nah, not for me just yet.