PDA

View Full Version : CMR2 Pioneer Carrozzeria Rally Japan

jso1985
28th October 2008, 19:30
Final two rounds of the season, on two similar surfaces, if you still have something to prove this season, is now or never!

the rally will be run with the following format:

Game Rally: UK(MIRRORED)
Shakedown stage: SS7
Day 1: Single rally expert level
Day 2: Single rally intermediate level

Deadline for submissions is on wednesday 5th november 15:59 GMT

for any questions, ask them here, newcomers always welcome

Have fun and good luck!

JTLarsen
28th October 2008, 20:05
03:20.94
03:20.50

tannat
28th October 2008, 20:49
Mr Organizer,

Any issues with me closing the garages of Suzuki Motorsport and joining kabouter at Curtans rally team for the rest of the season?

52Paddy
28th October 2008, 21:29
Looking forward to this. I'll confirm that I'm in the Mitsu for the remaining two rallies. I see its only a 2 day format now, has it been like that since the start of the year?

Man, I'm too old for all these changes :p :

52Paddy
28th October 2008, 21:30
...and yet still a teenager :s

Rat
28th October 2008, 23:56
What happened Tannat with Suzuki? Weren't they paying you enough to stay? You did put in some good times.

tannat
29th October 2008, 10:46
What happened Tannat with Suzuki? Weren't they paying you enough to stay? You did put in some good times.

I want to make the final two rallies a bit more meaningful.

Suzuki's third place in the teams category is all but clinched, so I'll assist kabouter at Curtans...

I am evil Homer
29th October 2008, 16:54
3:10.48
3:15.67...experimenting with set up - not one i'll use I think :D
3:09.21
3:11.35

Set the car with lower ride height than usual and didn't seem to bottom out much but made the car feel tighter in the turn in. Probably won't fiddle the brake bias/steering as i'm not sure it really affect the car so much here - brakes will still biaed towards the rear and quick steering is a must!

Marcel Haenen
29th October 2008, 19:43
I have a problem...my steering wheel broke down....it's not doing anything anymore...
I'll try to do it with the keys this time, but only if I will be a little bit competitive. If not, I will probably not be competing in the last two rounds....

tannat
29th October 2008, 20:31
I have a problem...my steering wheel broke down....it's not doing anything anymore...
I'll try to do it with the keys this time, but only if I will be a little bit competitive. If not, I will probably not be competing in the last two rounds....

Tough break, Marcel. Sorry to hear it.

i think you have 6 points over Homer?

Even with two second places the crown is still yours.

Nice bit of drama for the end of the season...

tannat
30th October 2008, 11:13
3:17.32
3:14.39
3:14.78
3:12.73
3:11.22

Had a bad sector or two on our best run. A 3:10 is definitely possible :up:

jso1985
31st October 2008, 01:24
Mr Organizer,

Any issues with me closing the garages of Suzuki Motorsport and joining kabouter at Curtans rally team for the rest of the season?

Sure, no problem

Well one 2nd and one 3rd place could still secure the crown, so maybe if not fast enough for wins you could still win the championship

Marcel Haenen
31st October 2008, 07:57
True, but I am not sure I will be that fast with the keys. :D

I have settled the hopes on my soldering skills. Opened up the wheel and it seems a capacitor on the electric board broke down. Luckily, I have about the same capacitor at home, so I will try to fix it tonight.

Rat
31st October 2008, 10:16
had some weird weather on the setup for the recce
3:31.87
3:33.35
abandoned recce, too wet, slippy and needed our refill of Red Bull before the Rally.

lugnut_usa
2nd November 2008, 14:42
(Update found on the Independent Rally Squad blog)

[10-28-08 7:32pm]
We spent some time testing the car on the gravel back home to get ready for Japan. It'll be my first competitive race on the rocks in a while, and I can tell it's going to take time to shake the rust off. We got some good info from the test to take with us to Japan, so I'm interested to see how we do.

[11-01-08 6:21pm]
We just finished our last shakedown for the Japan rally. Best we could manage was a 3:18, so we're still short of where we'd like to be. The Focus feels good, I think it's just my driving keeping it from doing better. It's getting excellent grip around the corners and pulling really well, so as far as the car is concerned I think we're going to be okay. Just going to settle in for the long haul, try to find the right pace and get some more experience. We were mid-pack in France and I'm thinking will manage the same here.

tannat
3rd November 2008, 11:12
Too bad there is no easy way to incorporate the in game Japan SSS ...

NOR
3rd November 2008, 12:26
Too bad there is no easy way to incorporate the in game Japan SSS ...
Why incorporate? Just say in rules: there will be third stage, let's do it in this mode. It's not hard to make one more field in excel timetables, I guess.

52Paddy
3rd November 2008, 13:33
I've completed the shakedown. It was a very hairy run for me.

(i) 3:32.79 Standard Setup
(ii) 3:32.03 Steering +2
(iii) 3:33.13 Steering Full Forward, Power Bias full rear
(iv) 3:24.16 Softer suspension, less steering and less rear Power Bias
(v) 3:25.65 As above but brake power -2

A difficult stage to jump straight into. It wasn't easy setting up the car. It was very loose on the stage and I didn't have confidence
regardless of how I changed it around. Run 4 was smooth but not quick. I decided to bring back the brake power for the final run,
maybe it would have provided more friction on the approach to slow corners. It didn't seem to positively effect the times, however.

52Paddy
3rd November 2008, 13:34
Do we still use the CMR2 timecards or simply PM stage and day times to jso?

tannat
3rd November 2008, 15:01
Do we still use the CMR2 timecards or simply PM stage and day times to jso?

Think he REALLY prefers the timecards nowadays, Paddy

jso1985
3rd November 2008, 21:11
yep, saves me 1 minute when doing the stage-by-stage thingy :p

Rat
3rd November 2008, 22:30
I'll have my times in tonight.
Report to follow.

Rat
4th November 2008, 11:02
Jso u have mail.
What a Rally!
Day 1:
With a good stock up of Red Bull, we were ready to attack the stages. A great 1st stage setting a PB! The next 4 stages went without any problems, just wet and more wet. Stage 6 took us by surprise, chasing a good time we hit trees flat in 6th and rolled. OOPS destroyed alot. Kept my boot into it for the rest of the day, encountering fog on stage 10 and that slowed us down more.
Day 2:
The Team were not happy after an all night rebuild. Went wide at the 1st turn, something still not right. Slow and steady trying to stay on the road or track. Stage 5, back into the trees again. The rest of the day sorta ok with the times.

OK,OK we know were on a sort of probation to keep our position in the Team, but we tried to keep the car as straight as possible. I think we will be ok for next year..fingers crossed.

I am evil Homer
4th November 2008, 11:09
WRC reporter catches up with Homer after the rally:

WRC: How did the event go?

Homer: Day 1 was very good, we have a perfect set up and didn't get too much rain, more some damp tracks. The fog towards the end made things interesting but I know the stages well and trust 100% the pace notes! So we pushed hard, very hard set two PBs on the stages.

WRC: And Day 2?

Homer: Well good but we seemed to lack some edge on some stages and compared to our PBs we were a bit behind, maybe a second or so on some stages. Not a big deal but with such competition it could make a difference! We will see what happens - the stages are slippy so it could be close or maybe others will run into trouble and that may be to our advantage overall.

WRC: And your thoughts on the championship?

Homer: Tough....ha ha....Marcel really went well in the last two events. We were at maximum and we couldn't get as close as we wanted to be. On gravel we seem to always be very close so who knows. Maybe he wins, maybe I do. But I think realistically we would need him to have a very bad event for us to win overall and I think he's deserved the title for his performances throughout the year.

52Paddy
4th November 2008, 18:19
I've submitted my times. I hope I've done so ok. I sent them to you hotmail account, jso. And the timecard I've used was an old Rally America timecard. This only has 2 days, which suits this year's events fine. If there is another timecard you'd prefer me to use, send me a download link. If there is an alternative email address I should use, PM me. Other than that, I look forward to the results :)

Marcel Haenen
4th November 2008, 20:06
pfff...finished the rally. Luckily I was able to fix my steering wheel in time...
The rally itself went pretty well. We know these stages really well as we have driven these a lot in the past. This meant we were able to get close to my PB's on quite a lot of them. No real rain here as well, only some wet mud and foggy forest stages, but that doesn't slow us down! Our effort should be enough for a podium finish which will bring us one step closer to yet another championship...can't wait to go to GB for the final run of the year on perhaps my favourite stages of all.

tannat
4th November 2008, 22:03
Hope kabouter will take part in this one..

You out there mate?

lugnut_usa
5th November 2008, 02:27
Well, unfortunately for team IRS, we didn't have the rally we were hoping for. Still waiting on times from the other teams, but the weather really played havoc with us. Seemed like it switched from wet to dry back to wet throughout the entire thing and really made it hard to nail down the right setup.

We did our best, but the crew had plenty of work to do. The Focus had trouble holding together over the rough ground, and we were constantly working on mechanical issues the whole rally and didn't get much time to make adjustments.

Still, good experience for us and we made it to the end...hoping for better next time.

Ramore
5th November 2008, 10:21
I've submitted my times. It wasn't even a proper training for GB. I need to do many practice km before the last round. I forgot how tricky these stages were.

NOR
5th November 2008, 11:21
My run was a bit incostistent. Weather mostly bad, a lot of rain and fog. Some stages pretty fast despite of conditions, some disaster. But my biggest problem was (as usual) the mirroring of stages. I know most of stages well, but little practising on mirrored track results in low confidence.... and hard crashes :) So, never mind, I'm looking forward to last rally, I could be faster there.

jso1985
7th November 2008, 03:31
my fault here guys, I started to work in the results, without checking again my e-mail, and missed Zes timecard...
so I have to re-work on it...

hopefull I will end it tonight

thanks for understanding

kabouter
7th November 2008, 14:24
Hope kabouter will take part in this one..

You out there mate?

Yes, I completed the rally just before the deadline. Mist and rain caused some problems, but I wasn't unhappy with my run, considering the conditions.

JTLarsen
8th November 2008, 07:09
Finally a good run trough the GB stages! :D

Day one saw plenty of heavy fog and a bit of rain here and there, but also a fair amount of PBs (if not for the mirrored stages). Day two went smoother, not so many fast times but not so much damage either.

tannat
8th November 2008, 12:20
my fault here guys, I started to work in the results, without checking again my e-mail, and missed Zes timecard...
so I have to re-work on it...

hopefull I will end it tonight

thanks for understanding

Let's hope the forum will remain up until then..

tannat
8th November 2008, 12:21
Yes, I completed the rally just before the deadline. Mist and rain caused some problems, but I wasn't unhappy with my run, considering the conditions.

GREAT! Hoping for a good team finish for Curtans!

tannat
8th November 2008, 15:43
Just saw the results at the yahoo group :D

I'll not spoil it for anyone but pleased with our finish :up:

Frozzy
8th November 2008, 19:14
press release from Frozz Motors Europe
"Frozzy was Unable to participate in the recent Japanese Round of the WRC as aImportant Sponsor pulled out of the team as the team was unable to roun two cars on each round of the championship and they were expecting a strong showing from the team who so far only have 15 points in the constructors championship.
team principle frozzy was quoted as saying " its really unfortunate for us we should have been there but with no one to drive the [second] car the sponsor got fed up waiting and withdrew the money we need for transporting the Skoda across the seas so now our chances of running at GB are up in the air unless we can find a alternative seat else were or the funds to the Skoda which would be a shame as it is a great car really.

kabouter
8th November 2008, 19:20
Just saw the results at the yahoo group :D

I'll not spoil it for anyone but pleased with our finish :up:

A fine rally for Curtans RallyBase Motorsports :D Knowing the dislike of our guest driver Tannat of these stages he did really well. And I'm very pleased with my own result. It's good to score another solid points finish. And what a fight for first place! I'm looking forward to the final rally of the season, with both the CMR2WC and CMR2BRC to be decided (and the chance for me to wrap up the rookie of the year title in the latter championship). Curtans RallyBase Motorsports will be going all out for a positive ending to the season!

jso1985
9th November 2008, 00:10
many of you already know that the results are available at the yahoo group.

enjoy!

jso1985
9th November 2008, 00:18
1.- I am evil Homer Red Bull Citroën Total 45:36,13
2.- Marcel Haenen ML Motorsports Citroën 45:37,32
3.- NOR Two Basses Team Ford Europe 47:45,06
4.- Tannat Curtans RallyBase Motorsports 47:56,20
5.- Jso1985 Red Bull Citroën Total 47:59,31
6.- Kabouter Curtans RallyBase Motorsports 48:47,29
7.- Ramore Subaru World Rally Team 49:12,83
8.- JTLarsen Two Basses Team Ford Europe 50:36,73
9.- Zes Peugeot Sport Finland 51:58,01
10.- Lugnut_usa Independent Rally Squad 52:11,63
11.- Paddy Cummins Cyclone International 53:45,81
12.- Rat Red Bull Team Toyota 53:58,76
13.- Eetu Peugeot Sport Finland 1:05:40,91

Drivers standings
1.- Marcel Haenen 122
2.- I Am Evil Homer 120
3.- Tannat 66
4.- NOR 60
5.- Steve0302 29
6.- Jso1985 29
7.- Juha 24
8.- Ramore 23
9.- Cyborg_hun 17
10.- Kabouter 17
11.- J.Lindstroem 15
12.- Zes 11
13.- JTLarsen 9
14.- Lugnut_USA 3
15.- PetterSolberg29 1

Teams Standings
1.- Red Bull Citroën Total Sport 149
2.- ML Motorsports Citroën 139
3.- Suzuki Motorsport 85
4.- Two Basses Team Ford Europe 69
5.- ARB Racers 29
6.- Subaru World Rally Team 23
7.- Curtans RallyBase Motorsports 22
8.- Frozz Motors Europe 15
9.- Peugeot Sport Finland 11
10.- Independent Rally Squad 3
11.- Expert Sport WRT 1

thanks for participating, see you at the final round in Wales!

jso1985
9th November 2008, 00:18
gotta beat tannat at least once this season! :angryfire

52Paddy
9th November 2008, 00:31
Surprised I wasn't the last finisher. Quite pleased with that result despite the dreadful driving. Gives me confidence for Rally GB which I hope goes much better. Hopefully, I will take delivery of the PC version of the game soon. I believe this will also improve my results. I've used the PC version for the past seasons I've rallied but, having been gone for quite a while, the game had broken in the mean-time.

tannat
9th November 2008, 12:11
gotta beat tannat at least once this season! :angryfire

I get the impression you have less time avilable for this silliness than in previous years...

Your other pursuit is far more important :up:

Marcel Haenen
10th November 2008, 08:31
congrats Homer! You did a fantastic run on these tricky stages. I will try and practice the GB stages more to be able to beat you there!

I am evil Homer
10th November 2008, 12:25
Wow.....a win, although the margin was very, very close :) I love these stages more than any other...especially the extra stages you get on the hard setting.

Thanks Marcel we had a great run for sure.

tannat
10th November 2008, 15:51
Teams Standings
1.- Red Bull Citroën Total Sport 149
2.- ML Motorsports Citroën 139
3.- Suzuki Motorsport 85
4.- Two Basses Team Ford Europe 69
5.- ARB Racers 29
6.- Subaru World Rally Team 23
7.- Curtans RallyBase Motorsports 22

Kabouter-we'll both need good finishes to get above ARB (no one active ) and Subaru WRT (Ramore) if you want 5th.....

kabouter
10th November 2008, 16:54
Kabouter-we'll both need good finishes to get above ARB (no one active ) and Subaru WRT (Ramore) if you want 5th.....

But it's not impossible... I'll try to do some serious testing ahead of the event :)

tannat
10th November 2008, 18:06
But it's not impossible... I'll try to do some serious testing ahead of the event :)

and me as well ;)

Rat
10th November 2008, 23:01
can't you blokes slow down! Where did you find all ya speed? Good on ya though.

52Paddy
11th November 2008, 08:49
I received my PC version of the game yesterday. Hope to do some testing this week ahead of the last rally. Methinks a new car is in order for these stages.

NOR
11th November 2008, 11:31
3rd place in Rally Japan is very nice result for me. After a lot of troubles with weather coditions and pure pacenotes, I'm really glad. The result is optimistic before Rally Wales as well. My self-confidence about the chance to win BRC title is back :)

tannat
11th November 2008, 15:35
3rd place in Rally Japan is very nice result for me. After a lot of troubles with weather coditions and pure pacenotes, I'm really glad. The result is optimistic before Rally Wales as well. My self-confidence about the chance to win BRC title is back :)

I think the writing is on the wall for the BRC and you, NOR...

SIGH-if only I had driven something other than the Lancer on the fiirst tarmac round of the BRC...

52Paddy
15th November 2008, 18:56
Any teams signing for next season? I'm available :look:

tannat
15th November 2008, 19:48
Any teams signing for next season? I'm available :look:

What do you want to drive, Paddy?

52Paddy
16th November 2008, 10:36
In order of preference:

1) Pug 206 or Seat Cordoba
2) Impreza or Focus
3) Corolla or Lancer

And, of course, I can skin the cars to suit the teams' needs. :)

tannat
16th November 2008, 13:34
In order of preference:

1) Pug 206 or Seat Cordoba
2) Impreza or Focus
3) Corolla or Lancer

And, of course, I can skin the cars to suit the teams' needs. :)

I'd be up to trying the SEAT for a year....

52Paddy
16th November 2008, 23:25
Well, just holler at me if you're interested in setting something up. :)

Rat
17th November 2008, 03:02
Corolla! TTA needs a good driver combo for next year. I can keep the tailend under control.

tannat
17th November 2008, 12:12
Well, just holler at me if you're interested in setting something up. :)

Let's do it, Paddy :up: