PDA

View Full Version : Rossi: “Superbike Races More Entertaining Than Ours”

ChrisS
28th October 2008, 15:10
http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/motogp-rossi-superbike-races-more-entertaining-than-ours/

We have been saying this for a while now but now even the top motogp rider is saying it.

Dorna should listen...

T-D
28th October 2008, 20:08
bring back the 990s...

leopard
29th October 2008, 03:53
When it's a matter of fast, 800 cc has better speed corner, scoring new fastest lap than record the bigger one previously scored. I think Rossi knew that.

NinjaMaster
29th October 2008, 07:42
I've nearly always found superbike racing to be more enjoyable than GP bar for a few small periods. That's not really alarming to me but the increasingly processional racing in MotoGP is. The next couple of years are crucial for the series I think.

leopard
29th October 2008, 10:02
Strength of teams are relatively evenly mapped out, what makes SBK looked more entertaining is they can appear with the different riders battling for a podium position.

Allyc85
29th October 2008, 12:14
Its sad but true. Loads of times this season ive found myself waiting for the race to finish, where as with the 990's we would get races to the end. Seeing as theres very little difference in top speed they should bring the 990's back with less tyre grip and electronics to slow them down a bit :D

myuu007
29th October 2008, 12:33
bring back the 990s...
Many people expect it but ...

MrJan
29th October 2008, 12:57
It's no so much 990s as having TC. No aids and the bigger engines will get the sport firing again.

Allyc85
29th October 2008, 17:47
Certainly will, but I cant see it happening with all the money spent on 800's, unless we could have a two class system 800 V 990 :D

off topic: what the bloody hell happened at footy last night?! First chance I get to go to St James park this season and we get slaughtered!!!

Mach24
29th October 2008, 22:49
http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/motogp-rossi-superbike-races-more-entertaining-than-ours/

We have been saying this for a while now but now even the top motogp rider is saying it.

Dorna should listen...

Rossi to replace Spies!!!!!!

Ranger
30th October 2008, 11:49
The lack of driver aids are not the problem. It is the engine capacity. Look at 2006 compared to the past two seasons.

They need to bring back the 990's and then TC removal should be discussed.

leopard
31st October 2008, 03:40
The bigger bike will lead the season into more boredom as it will ease Rossi walk off with the victory for every round. Riders like Pedrosa, Stoner, Lorenzo, perhaps Dovizioso too will have to struggle looking out of footsteps of the bike. They can lower it down, but the bigger mass would be something is not easy to handle, perhaps this is only my worries.

ShiftingGears
31st October 2008, 05:02
The bigger bike will lead the season into more boredom as it will ease Rossi walk off with the victory for every round. Riders like Pedrosa, Stoner, Lorenzo, perhaps Dovizioso too will have to struggle looking out of footsteps of the bike. They can lower it down, but the bigger mass would be something is not easy to handle, perhaps this is only my worries.

Did you watch the 2006 season?

leopard
31st October 2008, 06:50
Did you watch the 2006 season?
I think so. ;)

leopard
31st October 2008, 07:02
In the final standing Pedrosa was 5th, Stoner 8th from his a lot of crashes, that could indicate so. :)

ShiftingGears
31st October 2008, 07:29
In the final standing Pedrosa was 5th, Stoner 8th from his a lot of crashes, that could indicate so. :)

That would be ignoring the fact that it was Pedrosa's debut year, and the fact that Stoner was on a privateer bike, and nearly won the Turkish MotoGP. If the bike size increases, the riders will adapt to it.

ShiftingGears
31st October 2008, 07:30
I think so. ;)

There were 7 different winners in 2006. Hardly Rossi easing off to victory every round.

leopard
31st October 2008, 08:39
There were 7 different winners in 2006. Hardly Rossi easing off to victory every round.
He wasn't on the right form and a bit out of comparison for the unsolvable chatter problem throughout the year.

;)

ShiftingGears
31st October 2008, 08:45
He wasn't on the right form and a bit out of comparison for the unsolvable chatter problem throughout the year.

;)

Sure.

leopard
31st October 2008, 08:45
That would be ignoring the fact that it was Pedrosa's debut year, and the fact that Stoner was on a privateer bike, and nearly won the Turkish MotoGP. If the bike size increases, the riders will adapt to it.
Ok, this might be only coincidence Lorenzo and Dovisioso have better self adjustment, JL even won the third race on his debut year.

ShiftingGears
31st October 2008, 11:45
Ok, this might be only coincidence Lorenzo and Dovisioso have better self adjustment, JL even won the third race on his debut year.

Pedrosa won his fourth race in motoGP.