PDA

View Full Version : Gore and Power

Chris R
27th October 2008, 14:30
If the rumor on autoracing1.com is correct about Gore tearing into Power after the race (and Servia and Kalkhoven coming to Power's defense) - I wonder what is going on with that team? Seems Gore might be a bit of a loose cannon. The deal with Walker didn't seem quite right and now he is not exactly making friends in the IRL or even his own team (if the rumors are correct)...
Anybody have thoughts or insights on this? Also, can/will PKV survive without Gore??

seppefan
27th October 2008, 17:16
Bet Mr Walker is chuckling.

Chamoo
27th October 2008, 17:25
I haven't heard these rumours, as I haven't been online in a while, but, from what I can tell, Gore is going a bit nuts. Maybe the pressure of trying to bring a winner to Australia is getting to him, and his health issues could be adding to that.

I was under the impression that Gore wasn't going to be at the race, unless it was a conference call.

Gluaistean
27th October 2008, 17:56
If the rumor on autoracing1.com is correct about Gore tearing into Power after the race (and Servia and Kalkhoven coming to Power's defense) - I wonder what is going on with that team? Seems Gore might be a bit of a loose cannon. The deal with Walker didn't seem quite right and now he is not exactly making friends in the IRL or even his own team (if the rumors are correct)...
Anybody have thoughts or insights on this? Also, can/will PKV survive without Gore??

It only mentions Servia defending Power. However, that is really incidental since Gore seems to be a bit of hothead. He claims he has spent 20 million dollars on his team over the past few years.
Sounds to me like he and Maniac Danica would get along just swell. Boy, that *** really irks me. Sheeesh, they could bring her father along too. Hear that he is a piece of work also.

Chris R
27th October 2008, 18:07
Interesting - the part about Kalkhoven was there earlier (either that or I am losing it!! :) ) I read it again and it was in the rather large blank space under the current paragraph....

Didn't Gore just have major surgery in London???

garyshell
27th October 2008, 18:16
Interesting - the part about Kalkhoven was there earlier (either that or I am losing it!! :) ) I read it again and it was in the rather large blank space under the current paragraph....

Nope, you are not losing it. I read it there too. It said that Kevin also got into it with Gore and then left. (I am paraphrasing.)

Gary

Chris R
27th October 2008, 18:25
Nope, you are not losing it. I read it there too. It said that Kevin also got into it with Gore and then left. (I am paraphrasing.)

Gary
Well, good, I feel better about that now ;)

Seriously, I was more concerned about the bit about Kalkoven because that could be bad for the team - as much as I like Will Power, drivers do tend to come and go but teams are harder to come by....

garyshell
27th October 2008, 18:34
Well, good, I feel better about that now ;)

Seriously, I was more concerned about the bit about Kalkoven because that could be bad for the team - as much as I like Will Power, drivers do tend to come and go but teams are harder to come by....

Glass half empty: They argue and split up with Kevin pressing on.
Glass half full: They argue and split up with each forming their own team.
Glass shattered on the floor: They argue and split up with neither finding a partner or sponsor.

Gary

NickFalzone
27th October 2008, 18:43
I could see any of those scenarios, but once cooler heads prevail it's really going to come down to whether Surfer's is on next year's schedule (or ideally for several years). If that decision is not made within the rumored couple of weeks (or it's negative), then things are probably not looking good for Will Power/KV. Servia has really impressed me and I could see them as a solid 1-car team, but something tells me that's just not going to happen, either all or nothing. I'm somewhat of an optimist, and I see Surfer's getting a several year deal and both Power and Servia back for next season. If the results aren't there for Power next season then there could be a driver change.

dataman1
27th October 2008, 18:50
I agree with Nick. Without Surfers neither Ausie would have the drive to continue. They both got involved because of the Surfer's race. Why continue if it is gone.

One more possible outcome is that KK quits and Jimmy Vasser takes over the helm.

acescribe
27th October 2008, 20:23
One more possible outcome is that KK quits and Jimmy Vasser takes over the helm.

No KK = no $$$$

millencolin
29th October 2008, 08:38
Craig Gore is known for letting loose and talking pure crap. thats part of the reason why his v8supercar team died. He had no friends within the v8 paddock, every team hated WPS Racing (gore's team), and i bet a lot of team owners smiled when that team shut down.

You cant deny though what craig has gone. He has helped Australia regain its foothold in international motorsport by providing oppotunities for Besnard, Marshall and Power, and as a Aussie race fan, i am grateful for what he has done.

But he is a *****