PDA

View Full Version : scsa racing forum???

turn 4 mad
3rd February 2007, 18:24
i dont wish to upset anyone but i thought this was the scsa forum? so far the last lot of threads are about pickups, toyota mr2, btcc, champ cars, some vauxhall belmont and nasn, but no mention about scsa cars. may be someone is running a toyota mr2 pickup in the btcc which is supporting the champ cars who also have a pace car as a vauxhall belmont being televised by nasn, who knows.
Sorry to be so negative, i just want to hear about scsa thats why i look on the scsa forum.

foxystoat
3rd February 2007, 18:42
There is no SCSA news at the minute.

Speedworx
3rd February 2007, 18:44
When there is something to discuss it will be discussed. We can't discuss thin air :)

Providing they are generally Rockingham related, I'm not too concerned.

cgs
3rd February 2007, 19:05
they may not be scsa related, but they are discussions related to the people who like SCSA

Sticker Rub
3rd February 2007, 19:15
We always drift OT during the off season but this one's been better than previously thanks to insiders keeping the steady drip of info going.

I'd rather talk about shared topics of mutual interest than watch the tumbleweed blow past while we wait for things to kickoff.

darknessrock
3rd February 2007, 20:26
I for one quite enjoy the off season talk, as this is the only motorsport forum I regularly visit, and it's good to be kept up to date with the other stuff, roll on the new season when we shall mostly be talking SCSA! :) :)

pickup
3rd February 2007, 21:12
i dont wish to upset anyone but i thought this was the scsa forum? so far the last lot of threads are about pickups, toyota mr2, btcc, champ cars, some vauxhall belmont and nasn, but no mention about scsa cars. may be someone is running a toyota mr2 pickup in the btcc which is supporting the champ cars who also have a pace car as a vauxhall belmont being televised by nasn, who knows.
Sorry to be so negative, i just want to hear about scsa thats why i look on the scsa forum.

I see by your signature that you are a big fan of PICKUPS, they have allways been on the same programme (fortunately) as SCSA so have shared the forum with many fans taking an interest in both formula.
Many pickup teams, drivers, fans etc use this forum to discuss all things oval so are you suggesting we should find/start a separate forum for pickuptruck racing?
You started your thread with " i dont wish to upset anyone " and then said quite sarcastically " may be someone is running a toyota mr2 pickup in the btcc which is supporting the champ cars etc,etc" some of these subjects are started by SCSA team members/owners so as far as they are concerned this is SCSA news.
As far as i'm concerned any subject with any link to SCSA/PICKUPS/ROCKINGHAM is worthy of mention on this forum if only to keep it ticking over until the season starts.

Chigley
3rd February 2007, 21:46
Can this forum be officially renamed to "Rockingham Racing Forum" so that it avoids the confusion that only SCSA matters can be discussed here.

Regards
Ian
:)

savage86
3rd February 2007, 21:57
I know what you mean but SCSA is frankly depressing to talk about.
Every winter brake we get all this news about more cars and a better future.
Then by March and April there are mutterings the series wont be running at all, a hand full of cars will be on the grid etc.

hicksy
3rd February 2007, 23:00
I know what you mean but SCSA is frankly depressing to talk about.
Every winter brake we get all this news about more cars and a better future.
Then by March and April there are mutterings the series wont be running at all, a hand full of cars will be on the grid etc.

Thats soo last year. The times, they are a changin'. Just you wait, this will be a very good year indeed IMHO. :)

LessThanSte
3rd February 2007, 23:15
Blody hell, some of you lot really are uptight.

I come to this forum because i know a lot of people here and want to chat to them about certain things. Im not wading through the main forum everytime i want a slight OT answer to a question.

JDPower
4th February 2007, 01:33
Blody hell, some of you lot really are uptight.

I come to this forum because i know a lot of people here and want to chat to them about certain things. Im not wading through the main forum everytime i want a slight OT answer to a question.
My opinion exactly, I don't visit any of the other sections of this forum and I certainly wouldn't want to have to read a seperate forum for PuT and another for BTCC at Rockingham etc etc.
Would this forum be such a close community if we were forced to spread ourselves across various forums just to keep up to date?

SteveA
4th February 2007, 10:50

My advice is, if the thread title doesn't interest you, don't open it!

fastbob
4th February 2007, 10:57
There's always one isn't there!!!

english4ever
4th February 2007, 12:48
Pickup, Turn4's signature has some truth in it, the pickups engine hasn't got that lovely roaring noise to it!!

pickup
4th February 2007, 13:41
Pickup, Turn4's signature has some truth in it, the pickups engine hasn't got that lovely roaring noise to it!!

I agree entirely i'm a big v8 fan myself, but the difference between sounding good and actually being good is about more than just noise.

turn 4 mad
4th February 2007, 16:53
I agree entirely i'm a big v8 fan myself, but the difference between sounding good and actually being good is about more than just noise.

so are you saying you dont enjoy watching them you only like the sound?

fastbob
4th February 2007, 19:57
quote:-those pickups will never be as good as the V8's.
dream on mr howard.

What a load of rubbish.... having been involved with both series I can truly say that is a surely an off the cuff remark.... that was typed with little or no thought.. we ran both a PTR and ASCAR for the last two rounds last season.... and I can honestly say the PTR races were far more entertaining.... V8 roar or not.....

Andy admit it the pick ups offer the best racing in the UK over a season..... even if the ASCAR's offer a better soundtrack

pickup
5th February 2007, 00:12
so are you saying you dont enjoy watching them you only like the sound?

What i'm saying is i don't like watching them when there is a grid of 8/10 cars racing, one of which dissapears into the distance after a lap or two, another pulls into the pits with some mechanical fault the rest become spread out over a complete lap and then a couple more crash.
22/24 SCSA cars crossing the start finish line in formation on full throttle sounded superb and was good to watch lets hope they can bring back those glory days.
Surely you can't compare the racing of the SCSA cars to the PUT over the last few seasons, i know they've had their troubles and things are looking better for this year but even the most enthusiastic stock car supporter would agree the trucks have kept the series alive!

Abo
5th February 2007, 10:27
quote:-those pickups will never be as good as the V8's.
dream on mr howard.

What a load of rubbish.... having been involved with both series I can truly say that is a surely an off the cuff remark.... that was typed with little or no thought.. we ran both a PTR and ASCAR for the last two rounds last season.... and I can honestly say the PTR races were far more entertaining.... V8 roar or not.....

100% agreed Bob, having done both myself now ;)

JovialJooles
5th February 2007, 10:31
Couldn't agree more with pickup.

I can't imagine anyone going to Rockingham just to see 8 cars spread out around a 1.5 mile oval and no Pickups.

The pickups have given us the best racing consistently throughout a season ever since they were introduced at Rockingham.

That is not to say we have not seen some stonking ASCAR races; but taken over a season, Pickups offer the best entertainment.

I'm looking forward to a great season's racing for both ASCARS and Pickups! :D

tdb
5th February 2007, 11:17
Looks like you got your wish turn4mad, this thread is definately SCSA related!

As much as i am a devotee of ASCAR, i also have to agree that the pickups have provided better and better racing in the last couple of years.

Lets just hope all the hard work that is being put into ASCAR will see a return to the great races we have had in previous years!

But, unfortunately,for action,grid size,close racing and edge of the seat finishes, the pickups is where it is at of late.

cgs
5th February 2007, 11:33
both series provide different types of racing. the pickups provide daytona-style racing, while the stock cars (with a full field) provide the traditional 1.5 mile racing (old style las vegas). both are different, but i don't think either is better imo. they just cater for different styles

acorn
5th February 2007, 13:43
consistency, continuity and growth, three words that are key. pickups have achieved all three. the stock cars have failed dismally on 2 counts with limited success in the other.

hopefully all the work that has gone on in '06 will mean that all three will be achieved in '07 and beyond.

Lauren-69xx
10th February 2007, 04:12
Pick ups.......... boring

pickup
10th February 2007, 11:35

So what do you class as exciting? presumably any formula that's got Shane Lynch driving in it!!!!!!

norfolk fan
10th February 2007, 11:42

can't take that seriously

Dave17
10th February 2007, 13:22

Lauren, you're doing yourself no favours on this forum by constantly dissing anything that does'nt contain any referance to Mr Lynch (unless his first name is Simon http://smilies.vidahost.com/ups/dvx_rune/lol.gif )

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/sick%5E_%5Eimpact%5E_%5E4%5E_%5E2%5E_%5EPit+Bunny+ Free+Zone%5E_%5E.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

turn 4 mad
10th February 2007, 19:50

now now calm down, i never said anything was boring, i love watching anything with wheels especially pick ups, all i ment from the thread was we need to hear more about scsa cars, but there seems to be more on here about everything else, no offence intended.

pickup
10th February 2007, 20:20
I see your signature has changed, that's better much less controversial! and you even admit to liking pickups.

turn 4 mad
10th February 2007, 21:36
I see your signature has changed, that's better much less controversial! and you even admit to liking pickups.

ive allways loved pickups, in fact theres not 1 race i have missed at rockingham since 2001 inc champ cars.

racing59
11th February 2007, 00:19
Well, thanks to that hard work by Duane, and others behind the scenes, 2007 is looking up for the SCSA. Sadly it looks like you're going to have to put up with me on the track.

I must say that I am impressed by the Pickups and their close racing, but the sound does absolutely nothing for me. In fact I'd prefer them to be a lot quieter.

A hoard of close running cars where a cough or fart at the wrong (or right) time can be the difference between first and twentyfirst, it always great to watch, and I remember back to the halcyon days of the 2CV championship, with them 3 & 4 abreast on the road circuits of this sceptred isle. Their speed may not have been that of even the most bog standard of production saloons, but the racing was excellent.

To get that in SCSA, I feel we do need the grid full. We need a series led by people who are not afraid to weild weight or aero (rear wing / front airdam) penalties to close up the field when someone runs away, and a tech team that doesn't miss a trick.

There are a lot of announcements pending, including my own, which should stir up a lot interest and put SCSA back on the map, with the MSA's yellow card in the office shredder! I can say no more. I shall say no more, other than my car will be a very bright shade of yellow - RAL1016 to be precise, and the team will run to raise money for a very worthy cause indeed.

Oh yes - another Chaaaaridy car mate! Right! Not 'Arf!

Rob.

JDPower
11th February 2007, 18:39
I shall say no more, other than my car will be a very bright shade of yellow - RAL1016 to be precise
I'm sad enough that I Googled that:

AY04 KJV An East Anglian ambulance, with chassis by Mercedes-Benz and bodywork by UV Modular. The bodywork colour is Euro Yellow RAL1016, the European standard colour for ambulances:

http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/dsc06469.jpg

Chigley
11th February 2007, 18:57
But aren't Fire Engines red???

:D

Sticker Rub
11th February 2007, 19:14

Yes, & hearses are black but this one is yellow.

Dave17
11th February 2007, 20:21
I think this car may "fly".

Reynard
11th February 2007, 23:09
A hoard of close running cars where a cough or fart at the wrong (or right) time can be the difference between first and twentyfirst, it always great to watch, and I remember back to the halcyon days of the 2CV championship, with them 3 & 4 abreast on the road circuits of this sceptred isle. Their speed may not have been that of even the most bog standard of production saloons, but the racing was excellent.

I'm a BIG fan of 2CV racing - it's just so... differently funny.

Their 24 hour race at Snetterton is always one of the first dates to go into my calendar. It's just such a brilliant event. :cheese: The drafting down the straights and the ahem, rolling in the corners has just to be seen to be believed!!!

Al_Green
11th February 2007, 23:17
Yet again work forces me to miss the 2cv 24hr, third year in a row now :( I will get back there for it at some time... This year it'll just have to be LM & Silverstone for the 24hr fixes

Sorry SCSA forum, obviously... ;) Looking forward to the announcement Rob (and everyone else in their new cars & trucks)

Al.

espionage
14th February 2007, 21:03

except in france, they are bleu! (and so are the pompier ambulances)
Ambulances are red in France.
Yellow is the european "standard" colour for amulances.
Must be, they are on casualty, and on the bill.

Mr 59 will be bright on target!!