PDA

View Full Version : Christmas songs

Daniel
25th October 2008, 21:13
How long till we hear I wish it could be I wish it could be christmas everyday by Wizard and merry christmas everybody by Slade over and over and over in stores, on the radio and on all the music stations on Sky? :mark:

veeten
25th October 2008, 21:15
oh, about a week.

run and hide, now. :p :

allycat228
25th October 2008, 21:59
I love that song plus mel smith rocking around the christmas tree and grandma got run over by a reindeer

Rollo
26th October 2008, 01:07
The Frankins near where I work has already been piping Christmas songs through it's internal tannoy since late September. Worse, it's been selling Santa chocolates; now I know why they're always white and yuk when December comes around.

It actually makes me think that perhaps America might have a degree of sensibility by having the second-rate holiday of Halloween and the holiday of "eat turkey until you burst" at equal intervals before December.

In Britain the best that could be done was have bonfires in early November... but in down here in the merry old land of Oz, we don't even get that. We get three months of Christmas.

I wish it could be I wish it could be christmas everyday by Wizard

I wish it could punch Wizard in the face.

GridGirl
26th October 2008, 21:20
I've managed to park my car next to the Wizard's Jag a few times in the local shopping center car park. Never been lucky enough to punch him though :p

Dave B
27th October 2008, 08:49
It's this time of year that I thank a non-existant god that I no longer work in retail.

I never put xmas music on in my stores anyway, many customers thanked me for that.

veeten
27th October 2008, 14:27
It actually makes me think that perhaps America might have a degree of sensibility by having the second-rate holiday of Halloween and the holiday of "eat turkey until you burst" at equal intervals before December.

:burp: BURP!!

Ah, satisfaction... :D :p :

LotusElise
27th October 2008, 20:48
The people downstairs from me were playing Merry Christmas Everybody very loudly two days ago. I havne't heard it in any shops yet, but I'll give it until mid-November.
You really know that Christmas is just around the corner when you hear a Salvation Army brass band in the town centre.

My mum has actually met the Wizard chappie and has his autograph. Apparently it was before that record came out.

SOD
29th October 2008, 13:38
Christmas has been pretty devoid of new songs for the past 15 years.

Danny, welcome to the UK :D