PDA

View Full Version : Truss Me National Capital Rally

raybak
22nd October 2008, 12:59
It's here again the final round of the ACT regional Rally series. The "Truss Me" National Capital Rally is being run in the forests to the West of Canberra.

A smaller than normal field of only 35 cars will start the event on Saturday morning, with quality over quantity being the main attraction.

I will be codriving for Tristan Kent in his Subaru RX turbo, this being Tristan's 4th ever event, he's quite stoked to be seeded car 17, a big improvement over the last seeding of 32. We have built a new engine since the Caltex event and Tristan is happy with the newfound performance.

It's forecast for mid 20's the temp for Saturday so will be warm in the car. No night stages as well will be good.

Will post some photos and an event report on Sunday.

I have attached the start list.

Also if you are able to come to Canberra for the day we are still short 8 officials.

Cheers

Ray

Livewireshock
23rd October 2008, 10:09
Good luck Ray!

Have a good event with the young protege.

Livewireshock
25th October 2008, 10:41
A DNF on SS1!!!!

What happened Ray? Are you ok for next weekend?

raybak
25th October 2008, 16:07
Broken timing belt about 13km into the first stage. Will know in the morning if it's ok for next weekend.

The big news is about a certain regular codriver of mine who rolled his company ute on the way out of stage 6 tonight after doing a control. Lucky Gerald was there to put the ute on his trailer.

Steve Forsberg won the rally from the Barrets, with the Porsche of Jeff David in 3rd. Southy lunched an engine, Van Eck had an off damaging all panels and had all 4 wheels pointing in different directions.

Scott Kuhner inverted the EVO 5, only way out was upside down throuhg a barbed wire fence.

PJ I think was in 5th or 6th outright in the ute of doom.

Just got back from the club after a few too many beers.

Ray

Livewireshock
26th October 2008, 09:26
Ouch, I hope that certain someone is ok. It is not his birthday either.

I will be able to get down to Eden next weekend. Driving down next wednesday and overnighting at Newcastle. Jim White has me officiating but I do not know what as yet.