PDA

View Full Version : User location survey.

janneppi
22nd October 2008, 07:01
I've been meaning to ask this for a while, and a discussion in another thread promted me to ask:

Where are you from?

Those who live in another country where they are born, pick the one you want.
If your country is missing from the list, don' take it personally. I'm going by memory here, if your's is missing, write it down, just might make the list if there still is any room :)

N
22nd October 2008, 08:22
Why not just have "other countries" added to the list as well?

jso1985
22nd October 2008, 19:10
I'm from Bolivia.

"where the heck is that?" is your thinking? can't blame you :p

Mark
23rd October 2008, 12:06
Everyone knows where Boliva is. Although most often it is in the sentence "Bolivan drugs cartel" :p

donKey jote
23rd October 2008, 18:16
I'm a donkey so I can't decide on a single country to identify with... UK (boo :p : ) and Spain (olé :bandit: ) would be in the mix, together with Turkey, Čire and Germany I suppose :dozey: .

I guess Europe would be my choice, but it's not a country yet :D
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

pino
24th October 2008, 09:04
Something wrong with this poll :confused: I know at least 6 Finns, 3 Spaniard, 3 Indian, and 1 useless Greek :p : who post here... where are they ? :hmph:

Storm
24th October 2008, 09:43
1 Indian on board!

Tonto Jefe Y! has been missing for ages (if you read this Jefe, send me a PM, I lost your cell phone number), still 2 more around though.

As for the Greek guy....where the hell is he?
pino, did you vote for Denmark? :p :

pino
24th October 2008, 09:47

Denmark's not in the poll, so I could not :p :

cosmicpanda
24th October 2008, 10:11
*puts himself down for New Zealand*

janneppi
24th October 2008, 10:14
Denmark's not on the list since i couldn't think of anyone else from there besides pino. ;)
I tried to get in the poll countries where I know at least two people would be on the forums.

France is a exception, I don't know any French people on the F1 side, but according to the EU rules they have to be included. :D

Donney
26th October 2008, 08:26
The Spanish representative has already voted. :p

F1boat
26th October 2008, 13:24
I am from Bulgaria.

tstran17_88
26th October 2008, 22:33
From the land of ice and snow... :D

pino
28th October 2008, 05:57
From the land of ice and snow... :D

Finland ? :p :

52Paddy
28th October 2008, 08:42
Republic of Ireland over here :wave:

A Scotsman
28th October 2008, 09:24
Scotland.....

Mifune
28th October 2008, 11:34
Japan.

jso1985
28th October 2008, 20:23
Everyone knows where Boliva is. Although most often it is in the sentence "Bolivan drugs cartel" :p

Cool! that means my "products" are getting into the EU market :p :p imp:

Bolivia was shown pretty much accurate on Scarface... wonder if Quantum of Solace will be the same

ioan
29th October 2008, 07:43
Tough choice between Romania, France and lately Austria!
I'll go for Romania, cause Austria isn't in the list, and janneppi says he knows no F1 fan from France! :p :

tstran17_88
29th October 2008, 17:15
Finland ? :p :Close...Wisconsin!

52Paddy
29th October 2008, 19:06
Since Ireland still hasn't shown up in the poll, I've voted for Greece. My grandmother was from Cyprus which makes me 1/4 Cypriot. Greece is as close a country I could relate to myself from the list, and I've never even been there!

aryan
1st November 2008, 15:26
*puts himself down for New Zealand*

They should just call it Australasia and be done with both :p

aryan
1st November 2008, 15:31
I just realised I've changed by flag about 4 times since I've been on this forum; each time to reflect the country I lived in, and now, it reflects none!

Seriously, for those of us who are born in a country other than the one we live in, this flag thing is an issue! If only we could have two flags there... Like they play 2 national anthems for the winner of a GP :p

jens
1st November 2008, 15:31
According to the voting results I have to ask, where are the other Estonians? :p :

donKey jote
1st November 2008, 18:25
Seriously, for those of us who are born in a country other than the one we live in, this flag thing is an issue!

Tell me about it.. I was born in Turkey and they're not in the EU yet ! :p : :dozey: :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

cosmicpanda
2nd November 2008, 16:08
They should just call it Australasia and be done with both :p

Look mate, when I said that I was putting myself down for New Zealand I didn't mean that I was going to put myself down that far :D

Nancy YU
4th November 2008, 14:03
:D A chinese girl here~

kalasend
4th November 2008, 14:50
India is the only available Asian location? Wow....

Easy Drifter
4th November 2008, 18:58
If bowers has voted I think the rest of us from Canuckistan will disown him. :D

yodasarmpit
9th November 2008, 18:05
Tell me about it.. I was born in Turkey and they're not in the EU yet ! :p : :dozey: :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gifAnd not likely to be any time soon :)

PolePosition_1
14th November 2008, 12:57
Japan.

I visited Osaka when I went to Japan few month back - nice place :)

ioan
15th November 2008, 00:28
India is the only available Asian location? Wow....

Fore sure it's the only one that seems to make it into those thin Finnish geography books! :D ;)

HenryM
15th November 2008, 07:11
brazil...
at least put the option "other".

ChrisS
15th November 2008, 18:27
Put me under "Others" aswell

Cyprus

schmenke
1st February 2013, 14:34
According to the voting results I have to ask, where are the other Estonians? :p :

There's one nutcase in particular who hasn't posted in a while :mark:

truefan72
1st February 2013, 23:52
where are you from or where do you live?
cause I live in the USA but I'm from Austria

Coulthard Fan
2nd February 2013, 15:32
England/United Kingdom/Great Britain take you're pick!

Coulthard Fan
2nd February 2013, 15:34
I have Family from The Republic Of Ireland! So if I was to have a racing helmet it would be a design half Cross Of St George and half Irish flag!
Proud of my heritage!

gloomyDAY
2nd February 2013, 17:19
'murica-land!

tfp
2nd February 2013, 17:43
An interesting poll, I have just read an interview with Montezemolo saying he is annoyed (or something, I don't remember) at Bernie for having Grand Prix in countries where there's apparently little interest in F1. He would rather have two races in Italy. How convenient for him....

steveaki13
2nd February 2013, 19:46
Chelmsford in England.

Also this must be one of the longest gaps between posts. The last post before the one yesterday was 2008. A year before I joined. :eek:

jens
2nd February 2013, 22:25
I see that UK, USA, Canada and Australia are a clear top4.

Well, I could have guessed that English-speaking nations make up the majority here, but I didn't expect it to be that dominant...

JasonPotato
3rd February 2013, 11:49
Same as Aki ;) Maybe we live next door to each other hehe but i doubt it

jarrambide
3rd February 2013, 20:53
I've been meaning to ask this for a while, and a discussion in another thread promted me to ask:

Where are you from?

Those who live in another country where they are born, pick the one you want.
If your country is missing from the list, don' take it personally. I'm going by memory here, if your's is missing, write it down, just might make the list if there still is any room :)

Really angry here, you forgot my country, I understand forgetting a small country, but Texas?, You even included Canada which is not a real country. (I went to the US vs Canada football game a few days ago and I was near a guy who shouted "your country is not even a real country", somewhere in Houston there is a very sad 3rd grade teacher )

AndyL
4th February 2013, 12:30
Wow, this is really thread necromancy of the highest order :) I assume it was a deleted spam post that brought it to the top of the list.

Knock-on
4th February 2013, 21:08
The Lone Star State IS a country. No individual state could be so equally good and bad in equal measure and still be part of the US!

Knock-on
4th February 2013, 21:12
Btw, I'm from Godalming, a republic within the state of Surrey, closely aligned to England and by proxy to the UK, British Isles, Great Britain and the Commonwealth (formally known as The Empire)

SGWilko
8th February 2013, 09:16
1 Indian on board!

:p :

Warning - baseless stereotype alert...

Only one - have you checked the roof???? :D

SGWilko
8th February 2013, 09:24
Btw, I'm from Godalming, a republic within the state of Surrey, closely aligned to England and by proxy to the UK, British Isles, Great Britain and the Commonwealth (formally known as The Empire)

Don't you wish we would one day 'strike back'? ;)

<<Oh, and I'm from the location listed as 'my location' - who'd a thunk it, eh?

Big Ben
9th February 2013, 19:40
Transylvania.... but I voted Romania because of a mistake that happened almost 100 years ago.

Knock-on
11th February 2013, 22:58
1 Indian on board!

Tonto Jefe Y! has been missing for ages (if you read this Jefe, send me a PM, I lost your cell phone number), still 2 more around though.

As for the Greek guy....where the hell is he?

Liar!! You come from Oulton and I have the cut feet to prove it!!!

BTW, how is the lovely Ms Storm. xxxxxxxx

52Paddy
16th February 2013, 15:17
Can you replace France, Russia or Belgium with "Ireland"? I said I was from here a few years ago and I still am.

cali
16th February 2013, 17:43

Here :s mokin:

pino
20th February 2013, 17:05
Can you replace France, Russia or Belgium with "Ireland"? I said I was from here a few years ago and I still am.

Ireland added to the poll :)

52Paddy
22nd February 2013, 00:31
Ireland added to the poll :)

I've no idea why it says "you have already voted in this poll". Maybe, years ago, I selected "blank vote - just show me the results!". :mark:

Thanks anyway!