PDA

View Full Version : THOSE dropped points

MrJan
19th October 2008, 21:28
So let's suppose that Massa wins the championship at Brazil, how will people feel about the championship.

McLaren/Hamilton fans will mostly feel jipped I think due to the whole Spa incident but Ferrari/Felipe fans will say that Lewis heated, deserved the penalty and ultimately shouldn't be allowed to be WDC because he cheats.

So what do people think? Personally I believe that the title would be considered as tainted by a lot of people, and I include some Ferrari fans in this, because it is ultimately a title affected by red tape. Regardless of who wins I want to see a fair fight and it's not the way that the penalty was awarded, just that a penalty could have such a big impact on a year of racing.

mstillhere
19th October 2008, 21:34
So let's suppose that Massa wins the championship at Brazil, how will people feel about the championship.

McLaren/Hamilton fans will mostly feel jipped I think due to the whole Spa incident but Ferrari/Felipe fans will say that Lewis heated, deserved the penalty and ultimately shouldn't be allowed to be WDC because he cheats.

So what do people think? Personally I believe that the title would be considered as tainted by a lot of people, and I include some Ferrari fans in this, because it is ultimately a title affected by red tape. Regardless of who wins I want to see a fair fight and it's not the way that the penalty was awarded, just that a penalty could have such a big impact on a year of racing.

Actually, IMO they both suck. Speedvision people were doing some calculations about how many points have been wasted by both McLaren and Ferrari. The result is: 36 points wasted by Ferrari and 35 by McLaren.

So, as you can see McLaren wins by 1 point. That to me shows that neither team deserves to win.

IMO Kubiza and Alonso, considering the means available to them did a remarkable better job than the two leading teams. MS would have won this championship 3 months ago. No question about it.

CNR
19th October 2008, 23:12
for massa to win the wdc he would need to win the race and have lewis in 6 th or lower

Areez2006
20th October 2008, 00:11
Actually, IMO they both suck. Speedvision people were doing some calculations about how many points have been wasted by both McLaren and Ferrari. The result is: 36 points wasted by Ferrari and 35 by McLaren.

So, as you can see McLaren wins by 1 point. That to me shows that neither team deserves to win.

IMO Kubiza and Alonso, considering the means available to them did a remarkable better job than the two leading teams. MS would have won this championship 3 months ago. No question about it.

That's kinda harsh...I mean I didn't know there was extra criteria on top of winning the Driver's Championship to be a Driver's Champion.

MrJan
20th October 2008, 00:36
for massa to win the wdc he would need to win the race and have lewis in 6 th or lower

Indeed, but the topic can only be hypothetical at the moment. If Lewis finishes 6th and then Massa wins then I think that a lot of people will raise questions over the title.

Valve Bounce
20th October 2008, 02:28

The way I see it, if Ferrari wins the WDC, their fans will be delighted. If McLaren wins, their fans will be delighted.

I think the more you think, the more confused you'll become. Just let it roll - it's le Nom du Jeu. Don't forget, come the first Tuesday of November, you heard it from me first!!

markabilly
20th October 2008, 05:19
The way I see it, if Ferrari wins the WDC, their fans will be delighted. If McLaren wins, their fans will be delighted.

I think the more you think, the more confused you'll become. Just let it roll - it's le Nom du Jeu. Don't forget, come the first Tuesday of November, you heard it from me first!!

I doubt that the appeals will be over by then......for either race....

wmcot
20th October 2008, 08:06

More like: If Ferrari wins, McLaren fans will say they cheated, if McLaren wins, Ferrari fans will say the cheated! The glass is ALWAYS half-empty! :)

F1boat
20th October 2008, 08:56
If Massa wins, to me it will be so cool that I would never think whether it was tainted or not. And generally fans forget those things after a while. And I think that both FM and LH deserve the championship, so of Massa wins, that will be cool :)
But I will be happy even if LH wins IF Ferrari wins the WCC.

MAX_THRUST
21st October 2008, 13:06
What is a concern a Ferrari hits Bourdais and Bourdais gets a penalty, Bourdais hits a toyota and he does not get a penalty. That is what will taint the championship and I am glad I am not Massa. If he wins he will never feel fully justified as he will always know he had help.

F1boat
21st October 2008, 13:43
Max, I am sure that he will be feeling well :)

Knock-on
21st October 2008, 13:54
Max, I am sure that he will be feeling well :)

Come on F1boat. I always saw you as a F1 fan first and a Ferrari fan 2nd.

You can be trully happy at the way Max (or the Stewards if you prefer) has engineered this years championship.

"To win without honour" and all that?

Daniel
21st October 2008, 14:24
Come on Knock on. I always saw you as a McLaren fan first and an F1 fan second.

That is all.

ioan
21st October 2008, 14:36

That is all.

:up: :rotflmao:

ioan
21st October 2008, 14:36
Come on F1boat. I always saw you as a F1 fan first and a Ferrari fan 2nd.

FYI he is an Alonso fan rather than a Ferrari fan! :D

ioan
21st October 2008, 14:37
What is a concern a Ferrari hits Bourdais and Bourdais gets a penalty, Bourdais hits a toyota and he does not get a penalty. That is what will taint the championship and I am glad I am not Massa. If he wins he will never feel fully justified as he will always know he had help.

What is a concern for you isn't a concern to everyone.

Big Ben
21st October 2008, 14:45
Indeed, but the topic can only be hypothetical at the moment. If Lewis finishes 6th and then Massa wins then I think that a lot of people will raise questions over the title.

Actually I think that if Massa wins and Hamilton comes sixth all questions would fade away.

Tazio
21st October 2008, 14:46
Water under the bridge boys!
You may not agree, but
that's what it is!

Daniel
21st October 2008, 14:46
ioan after seeing your views on the Massa Sebastien incident I could say something similar for yourself :) I just don't like biased people no matter what team they chose to support :)

Knock-on
21st October 2008, 15:46

That is all.

You you should open your eyes young man ;)

I am a motor racing fan 1st and foremost and am against anything that negativly impacts on the sport.

Spygate for example is one such example where I was furious with McLaren and as I said at the beginning of the fiasco, they deserved to be punished and I have never said otherwise.

And although I am a McLaren fan (as well as a Williams and Honda fan) I hope I have the objectivity to debate with facts, logic and rational thought.

Some people on here throw accusations around like confetti but I will always back mine up when asked (unlike some) ;)

ioan
21st October 2008, 16:15
ioan after seeing your views on the Massa Sebastien incident I could say something similar for yourself :) I just don't like biased people no matter what team they chose to support :)

Say it than.

555-04Q2
21st October 2008, 16:36
Every year the same thing. Said driver won the WDC because he had the best car. Said driver won the WDC because they cheated. Said driver won the WDC because of unfair penalties. Said driver won the championship because he was lucky. Said driver won the WDC because the world hates everyone else around him.

Who cares. If you win the WDC its because you were consistant and were there or thereabouts at the front of the grid the majority of the season. The WDC doesnt fall into your lap. Its earned, sometimes easily, sometimes with a bit of difficulty.

Good luck to both Massa and Hamilton, both have earned it, I am happy no matter which one wins.

Daniel
21st October 2008, 16:42
:up:

ioan
21st October 2008, 17:16
Every year the same thing. Said driver won the WDC because he had the best car. Said driver won the WDC because they cheated. Said driver won the WDC because of unfair penalties. Said driver won the championship because he was lucky. Said driver won the WDC because the world hates everyone else around him.

Who cares. If you win the WDC its because you were consistant and were there or thereabouts at the front of the grid the majority of the season. The WDC doesnt fall into your lap. Its earned, sometimes easily, sometimes with a bit of difficulty.

Good luck to both Massa and Hamilton, both have earned it, I am happy no matter which one wins.

:up:

Tazio
21st October 2008, 20:23

Good luck to both Massa and Hamilton, both have earned it, I am happy no matter which one wins. :up: :up: :)