PDA

View Full Version : The end of a glorius (Audi) generation.

alleskids
17th October 2008, 20:56
Emanuele Pirro wil retitre after this weekend, when he has finished the ALMS race at Laguna Seca. Audi is already looking for young(er) guns to fil his very big foot steps. Marcel Fassler and Christian Albers are looking to fill that big steps, and join Marco Werner and Lucas Luhr as Audi's unbeatable team.

Ity looks like also Tom Kristensen will retire after this year, which will be revealed next week at Hockenheim, at the DTM final 2008 race.

wedge
17th October 2008, 23:26
I read recently that Katherine Legge wants to stay with Audi and not go back to AOWR. I don't blame her, having manufacturer backing is far more lucrative ATM so hopefully she'll get her chance in prototypes or a good year old DTM A4 at the very least.

harvick#1
18th October 2008, 06:06
Tom can't quit, he needs to keep winning at Le Mans. Fassler would be a great addition, or maybe they could try and steal Montagny from Peugeot :D

alleskids
18th October 2008, 13:06
Frank Biela a also hung up his helmet earlier this year?

rob01
18th October 2008, 13:54
i cant wait to see how Albers does...

wmcot
20th October 2008, 07:34
With Pirro and Biela leaving, I'm glad I had the chance to have them autograph my model of the 2007 LeMans winning R10 this year (along with Werner and Luhr.)

Sad to see them leave - I like thinking us old guys can still accomplish something! :)

alleskids
21st October 2008, 15:48
A bit off topic, but he also has raced at Le Mans withj the Flying Mercedes squad in the 90s :-), but Bernd Schneider is also ending his racing carer. This weekend at Hockeneheim will he his last DTM race. An other legend driver stopping this year.