PDA

View Full Version : Champcar...holland

wends
3rd February 2007, 10:06
Hello everyone.....is there anyone here thinking of going to ASSEN, HOLLAND, in september for the champcar weekend.
Myself and tony are marshalling there in april for WORLD SUPER BIKES, and depending if we get GOODWOOD or not, we are looking at popping over for a long weekend as either spectators or marshalls.......
Tony,s been to all champcar,s meetings in this country....and as usuall there are quite a few brit,s to support.
Shame there not back at the Rock....i,ve heard a car at 225mph has to be seen......
If anyones interested in visiting our dutch comrades please feel free to PM.

Dankeveld.....wendy

acorn
3rd February 2007, 13:29
won't be going for the same reason i wouldn't go to silverstone for anything ie i don't like waiting over a minute for the cars to come round again.

Shame there not back at the Rock....i,ve heard a car at 225mph has to be seen......

...and heard!!! i sat in the bottom row of south grandstand at the first champcar appearance at the rock(and in the top row of t1 for the 2nd). i'm not quite sure what it was(turbos, catch fencing resonating) but the place was ringing like a bell. an experience that i will never forget.

wends
3rd February 2007, 15:21
[quote="acorn"]won't be going for the same reason i wouldn't go to silverstone for anything ie i don't like waiting over a minute for the cars to come round again.

At least thay will be able to stretch there legs a little at Assen, when thay were at brands, the circuit thay used was just to small for that calibre of race car,
And like you say waiting a minute isnt much fun for the spectator, on an oval you get to see everything...all the time...fantastic
It is a shame not to see them in this country again.
Never mind good reason to go abroad for a little break away, Plus the car will be empty for a few bottles of wine on the way thru Calais........