PDA

View Full Version : Travis

cal
6th December 2006, 18:47
Has anybody got any news on what Travis Pastrana will be doing next year? And is there any incar videos to download or see with him?

tribefiend
7th December 2006, 00:17
I believe he signed a new 3 year contract with Subaru USA.

Bjorn240
7th December 2006, 03:43
We'll have something to officially announce in the next few weeks, but for now, you'll have to be satisfied with the fact that we'll be doing the Rally America series plus some other stuff.

- Christian

tribefiend
7th December 2006, 08:05
I think we're all glad to see that you'll at least be doing Rally America. I'm going to make it to the events here in Wa and Or and look forward to seeing you guys again. Hopefully in better situation than we suffered this weekend at Wild West.

GunsofNavarone
7th December 2006, 14:52
Christian,

I am quite glad to hear that you guys are coming back for RA rounds. I am going to be in Michigan in January, so hopefully we'll get a chance to sit down and talk again (X Games Rally was the last time I spoke with you).

We're going to be covering a lot more RA rounds now that they'll be on ESPN2 next season (we want to help spread the word), so you may see more of me than you wanted. I am not sure if Dustin will be able to make the trip to Sno*Drift or not, but I'll be there, staying warm in HQ.

M5
11th December 2006, 19:52
Any chance of seing one of the top US drivers in any of the WRC rounds in 07 ?

tribefiend
11th December 2006, 22:39
Not likely, however Travis and Christian were in Mexico for Recce last year and that may lead to a competitive start next year. We'll see. I hope to see them down there.

L5->R5/CR
11th December 2006, 23:09
Any chance of seing one of the top US drivers in any of the WRC rounds in 07 ?

Probably but only in a N4 car for now...

Bjorn240
11th December 2006, 23:27
Yes, it's likely. Any more and they cut out my tongue. Which'll make co-driving pretty freaking hard.

Also, Cal asked for an in-car video so here's one I hadn't seen before: http://www.rallynation.com/video/videos.html and look at the fifth video.

Here's another of Travis and Ken (no in-car though)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3703107551253594548&q=ken+block+travis+pastrana&hl=en

tribefiend
12th December 2006, 00:00
I stand corrected! Can't wait to hear what it is.

Bjorn240
13th December 2006, 20:01
Here's the official announcement from Subaru Rally Team USA:

Pastrana Headed to the WRC
Author: Subaru Rally Team USA

Subaru Rally Team USA (SRT-USA) announced today that it will enter its 23 year-old star rally driver, Travis Pastrana, in select World Rally Championship events in 2007, 2008 and 2009. Pastrana, in only his second season of rallying won the 2006 Rally America National Championship, becoming the youngest ever American champion. In addition to defending his Rally America title in 2007, Pastrana will drive a Subaru Impreza WRX STI–based rally car in three World Rally Championship (WRC) events in the Group N class. Then in 2008 and 2009 SRT-USA will officially enter Pastrana in the Production World Rally Championship (P-WRC), a support series that runs concurrent with the top tier World Rally Championship.

"Our recently announced 3-year extension with Travis Pastrana as a driver for Subaru Rally Team USA shows our commitment to Travis, the Rally America National Championship, and the sport of Rally", said James Han of Subaru of America, Inc. "The prospect of developing a driving talent such as Travis with the goal of having an American compete successfully at the WRC level is an exciting one. Although the team's primary objective in 2007 will be to retain the Rally America title in our Subaru Impreza WRX STI rally cars, evaluating development opportunities for Travis is also a key priority."

Travis Pastrana and his co-driver Christian Edstrom have dominated rallying in the USA this year driving their BFGoodrich Tire's-shod 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI. Pastrana earned four victories, four 2nd place finishes and a Gold medal at the inaugural X Games Rally event where he narrowly beat out his hero and WRC legend Colin McRae. Pastrana's speed and consistency helped him mathematically secure the 2006 Rally America National Championship on the penultimate round of the series. Pastrana at only 23 years-old becomes the youngest ever American rally champion, in only his second year of rallying.

Pastrana began rallying after first becoming a legend on two wheels. He has won a string Amateur National Motocross titles, won the World Freestyle Champion at 14 and is a former 125cc National Motocross and Supercross Champion. Additional achievements include earning Gold in Freestyle MotoX a record six times at the X Games and recently landing the first-ever double back flip in competition. Pastrana will compete against the World's top motorsports stars this weekend, representing the USA at the Race Of Champions in Paris.

The P-WRC is the next logical step in Pastrana's rally career. Pastrana will run on the same roads in the same events as World Rallying's top stars such as Petter Solberg and Sebastien Loeb. The P-WRC will serve as a stepping stone to the top tier WRC where Pastrana aims to become the first-ever American World Rally Champion.

Pastrana's WRC efforts will be managed by Subaru Rally Team USA through Vermont SportsCar, the same outfit that manages his Rally America Championship campaign. Vermont SportsCar has successfully run SRT-USA in 2006 with Pastrana and teammate Ken Block, finishing 1st and 2nd Overall, respectively, in the Rally America National Championship. The team will prepare the Group N Subaru Impreza rally cars for Pastrana's WRC efforts and is looking forward to becoming the first ever American based team with an American driver competing in the WRC.

The Colchester, Vermont based team hired former WRC Team Manager Derek Dauncey in late 2005 to help spearhead its WRC efforts. Dauncey was an instrumental part of the team that achieved four WRC Driver's Championships in a row with rally legend Tommi Makinen. "I have been lucky to work alongside a number of talented young drivers and I'm certain Travis has the potential to match and even surpass them," explains Dauncey. "His amazing success on two wheels speaks for itself and he is very dedicated to advancing his rally career. Its been a pleasure working with Subaru Rally Team USA thus far and I'm really looking forward to being a part of the team's next steps."

Subaru Rally Team USA is proudly supported by DC Shoes, BFGoodrich Tires, STI (Subaru Tecnica International), SPT (Subaru Performance Tuning), Alpinestars, Motul, PIAA, Recaro, Meguiars and Vermont SportsCar.

raybak
13th December 2006, 20:38
Well done guys on getting such a good program for the next 3 years. You guys will be busy.

Ray

L5->R5/CR
13th December 2006, 21:36
Christian,

Have fun and congratulations!

I seem to remember saying this was part of the plan a couple months ago :p

GunsofNavarone
13th December 2006, 23:31
Christian,

Have fun and congratulations!

I seem to remember saying this was part of the plan a couple months ago :p

Better get your passport all fixed and ready to go. 4 to 6 weeks you know..

L5->R5/CR
13th December 2006, 23:46
Better get your passport all fixed and ready to go. 4 to 6 weeks you know..

I would think, considering (correct me if I am wrong Christian) that Christian got his US citizenship within the last couple of years (I want to say 18-24 months) that that should all be worked out already.

More likely would be make sure you have your FIA liscense all worked out and up to date!

Bjorn240
14th December 2006, 00:44
Yes, that's right. Also, I travel a lot for my current job (going to Mexico City on Monday, for instance), so it's not an issue for either of us. Our license renewals are going in this week.

tribefiend
14th December 2006, 05:09
This is awesome news for you two. Very happy to see an American team make progress into the WRC.

Congrats.

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 19:20
Christian, you aren't going to ROC are you? I guess you would be there right now if you were...

cal
31st December 2006, 02:11
Christian: Thanks for the link, the incar was good.

Nice to see you making some moves into the WRC, hope all works well!

Måste även fråga, är du svensk eller hur ligger det till? :) Isåfall, kom till Sverige och kör nån tävling i SM, Patrik Flodin skulle behöva lite motstånd!

Bjorn240
1st January 2007, 19:37
Tja Cal(le?),

Det stämmer att jag är svensk, men jag har bott i USA i närmare 20 år. Jeremias på emotorsport.se har faktiskt just lagt upp en intervju med mig om amerikanska mästerskapet om du vill veta mer om rally här borta.

En tävling i SM blir nog lite svårt att fixa iom att vi måste köra Subaru, och dom är inte direkt lätta att hyra där borta. Däremot går det ju rykten att Patrik ska köra PWRC, och i så fall lär vi ju ha chansen att mäta oss mot honom i Mexiko och Argentina. Och vi lär ju alla åka till GB också. Ska bli kul!

FrankenSchwinn
15th January 2007, 02:32
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3703107551253594548&q=ken+block+travis+pastrana&hl=en

i like The Supersuckers' punkier version of this song better.....

anyway, finally one driver (and co-driver) that are doing this rally thing the right way and not jumping in head first!

cyd
5th March 2007, 13:04
Best of luck in Mexico, Travis & Christian! :cool:

SanjayKumar
5th March 2007, 21:24
Yeah, Good Luck the two of you, you'll do GREAT!

Larry_Japan
15th March 2007, 21:48
Travis off the LEASH in Mexico. Awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pq6xqHAJVo

klm-607
4th June 2007, 23:45
Pastrana Rallies to 3rd At STPR, Climbs Back Into Championship Hunt

Subaru Rally Team USA / Event Report
Event: The Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (STPR)
Round 5 of the 2007 Rally America National Championship
Date: June 2, 2007

http://www.subaru.com/rally
for more info please contact: [email:2r9q19md]chris@vtcar.com[/email:2r9q19md]

(June 3, 2007) Defending Rally America National Champion Travis Pastrana drove his 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI rally car to a 3rd Overall finish at the Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (STPR) this weekend. A tire puncture and an engine misfire prevented him from battling for an overall victory, but the strong points finish moves him up into a tie for 3rd Overall in the Rally America National Championship standings.

The high-speed classic known as STPR, now in its 31st running, takes place in north central Pennsylvania on smooth, flowing gravel and clay-based roads. STPR is one of the fastest Rally America events, but the roads are narrow and lined with trees, making the event notoriously dangerous. The event's famed "Subaru Splash" water crossing early in the rally continues to dazzle masses of spectators each year.

Pastrana and his co-driver Christian Edstrom were slowed early in the rally by a flat tire and an engine misfire attributed to the wrong fuel being provided by a local fuel supplier. A handful of other teams were affected as well, with numerous engine problems being reported. "We didn't have a clean run this weekend, so I'm happy to have finished on the podium and get some points," explained Pastrana. "We felt good in the car and we were going to attack late in the rally to fight for a win, but my engine never really recovered from the bad fuel so we decided to play it safe and just finish." Pastrana now sits in a tie for 3rd Overall in the 2007 Rally America National Championship standings with four rounds to go.

Pastrana's teammate Ken Block faired much worse and nearly didn't start the rally. On the shakedown stage, the day prior to the rally start, Block hit a tree heavily on the right rear passenger door of his rally car. Block's Subaru was too heavily damaged to compete the following morning and the decision was made to transport a spare car from Subaru Rally Team USA's headquarters, 300 miles away in Colchester, Vermont. Arriving in the middle of the night was the 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Block used for his famous 171ft jump for the Discovery Channel show 'Stunt Junkies' late last year. The car however was far from competition ready and upon its arrival the Subaru Rally Team USA mechanics worked through the night and into the morning to prepare it. Meanwhile, co-driver Alex Gelsomino felt he may have suffered a mild concussion in the impact and decided sit out the rally on safety grounds. In Gelsomino's place would sit the team's Sporting Adviser and 11-time US rally champion John Buffum!

However, the night's hard work would be for naught, as Block and Buffum stopped on the second stage due to a mechanical problem with the stand-in rally car. "I'm really glad we are OK after our accident yesterday, and amazed at what the team was able to put together for me overnight," said Block. "I'm disappointed I couldn't run the whole rally with John Buffum, he has been a great mentor to Travis and I and it would have been good fun to drive with him at my side!"

Subaru Rally Team USA is proudly supported by Subaru of America, Subaru Tecnica International (STI), Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT), DC Shoes, BFGoodrich Tires, Boost Mobile, Recaro, Alpinestars, Motul, Exedy, PIAA and Vermont SportsCar. Visit http://www.subaru.com/rally for Subaru Rally Team USA photo galleries, news and team information.

FrankenSchwinn
5th June 2007, 13:54
hey, that's BS, it wasn't Buffum at STPR, it was a Sac of Potatoes!

http://rally.subaru.com/gallery/2007_stpr/day2_LG2_3679.jpg