PDA

View Full Version : Polo S2000

Sulland
16th October 2008, 00:25
I think a lot of us have a special soft spot for the Polo S2000, and the team that runs it in Europe, Rene Georges Rally Sport.

In my mind they are a bit like Minardi used to be in F1, a minnow and an underdog. (And we like those, dont we !)

What is the plan for 09 ? Are there planned updates and improvments to the car ?
Is there a plan to do a full IRC season with a good driver on both surfaces ?

Imperatore (GTA) can you as the team manager bring us some news on the future ?

WRC1
16th October 2008, 08:56
I think a lot of us have a special soft spot for the Polo S2000, and the team that runs it in Europe, Rene Georges Rally Sport.

In my mind they are a bit like Minardi used to be in F1, a minnow and an underdog. (And we like those, dont we !)

What is the plan for 09 ? Are there planned updates and improvments to the car ?
Is there a plan to do a full IRC season with a good driver on both surfaces ?

Imperatore (GTA) can you as the team manager bring us some news on the future ?

i can not fully agree with your opinion that the polo´s from rene georges are like the minardis!!

maybe from budget point of view, yes, but speedwise the minardis where always the slowest cars in F1, but the Polos are surley not the slowest, they have shown in the hands of freddy loix last year and bernard casier, andi waldherr and kris rosenberger that they are at least as fast as the fiats and not far from peugeot!!

the only problem is that there are not as much cars as fiat and peugeot, if 1 or 2 of them retiere than there are still 5 left, when casier retieres it is over....

i really hope rgrs continues theire good work and we will see a lot of polo´s in irc and national championships next year!

reg

wrc1

HaCo
16th October 2008, 17:21
Yep, I hope they will be back and with more cars next year!!!

Tom206wrc
6th November 2008, 23:18
According to Turbomagazine no Polo S2000 anymore in Europe in 2009 :confused:

Mirek
6th November 2008, 23:22
"Only" Volkswagen Club Belgium stopped their support to RGRS...

Wim_Impreza
8th November 2008, 09:41
Yes, there will be no official programm anymore in the Belgian Rally Championship next year.

Sulland
8th November 2008, 14:34
What does this mean to the team and operations of Rene Georges ?

Are anyone else taking over the Polo operation in Europe ?

Mirek
8th November 2008, 21:58
I think at least Austrians will continue with Polos, especialy Waldherr because he is the owner of his Polo ;)

Anyway I was at Waldviertel Rally (just returned) and Rosenberger was one of the most spectacular drivers there. Fantastic to watch him (even though I had to run away when he went off on SS8 :D ). Waldherr was nice to watch on gravel parts but very clean on tarmac. Unfortunately his engine broke :(

Sulland
9th November 2008, 13:58
Pity that Loix chose to go with Kronos instead of continuing with Georges, but I guess it also had to do with money !!

But the Polo deserves a top driver, and Casier is not that as of now !

OldF
9th November 2008, 20:54
]
Fantastic to watch him (even though I had to run away when he went off on SS8 :D )

I assume you run quick enough because you are here telling about it. :)

GTA
10th November 2008, 09:45
]I think at least Austrians will continue with Polos, especialy Waldherr because he is the owner of his Polo ;)

Anyway I was at Waldviertel Rally (just returned) and Rosenberger was one of the most spectacular drivers there. Fantastic to watch him (even though I had to run away when he went off on SS8 :D ). Waldherr was nice to watch on gravel parts but very clean on tarmac. Unfortunately his engine broke :(

Hello Mirek, was nice to see you again, sorry i had no time to speak as you see we were a bit busy. :) .. we did a fantastic season in Austria with the Polo's and also a good end of season in Belgium..

Now there are many talks and rumours, we are going to take part in National championships and hopefully some IRC events, like we did now in 2008.
there are many interested drivers. and mainly it comes to the Budgets of them to see what is possible.

We hope to return to Austria next year with 1 or 2 cars from our side + Waldherr wil drive his car, and Belgium is also still possible ( even without the support of VW Belgium).

so we have to wait for the next month to see what will be decided.
But we have no plans to stop what we are doing...
the website is out of the air because of a Server problem but wil be solved soon.

PS: After the Rally in Austria i Returned Sunday morning to Belgium to join Casier and the team in their Party.. :) ...

greetings.
Jack.

Tom206wrc
10th November 2008, 10:35
Congratulations to Bernd Casier for his podium at Condroz, at least he stayed on the road, unlike the Kronos drivers :rolleyes:

HaCo
10th November 2008, 13:38
Yup, awesome drive by Bernd! Congratulations for the whole team! Being on the podium on such an event is top!

Mirek
10th November 2008, 19:30
GTA: No problem, the main thing is Kris made it to the podium. A little bit pitty of those 2 seconds from the 2nd place but anyway great drive. So, double congratulations for podium finishes :)

GTA
16th November 2008, 12:12
]GTA: No problem, the main thing is Kris made it to the podium. A little bit pitty of those 2 seconds from the 2nd place but anyway great drive. So, double congratulations for podium finishes :)

Hey Mirek, yes 2.7 seconds from 2nd place in rally and from 2nd place in Austrian championship... but we were very happy. Kris finished on all 7 rally's so a great result... :)

PLuto
27th November 2008, 03:12
Who is interested, small photogallery from yesterdays PR action of RGRS: here (http://fotogalerie.autosport.cz/thumbnails.php?album=82)

PLuto
27th November 2008, 03:13
And small article about tests: here (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7653) (Will be working at 9:00 am)

http://fotogalerie.autosport.cz/albums/wpw-20081127/Test_Polo_S2000_17.jpg

GTA
27th November 2008, 22:12
Hello,

Are you able to translate the article about the RGRS testday yesterday in english?

http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7653

PLuto
27th November 2008, 23:32
Hello,

Are you able to translate the article about the RGRS testday yesterday in english?

http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7653

Check your PM :)

Sulland
28th November 2008, 09:37
http://translate.google.be/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autosport.cz%2Fclanek .php%3Fcl%3D7653&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=cs&tl=en

Sulland
8th November 2009, 18:24
Imperatore; Has RGRS now totally left the Polo program and betting 100% on the Fabia for 2010 ?

PLuto
8th November 2009, 21:52
Yes. Maybe they will help to drivers with Polo (Gaby, Austria)...

urabus-denoS2000
8th November 2009, 22:02
Shame,a spectacular car,the most spectacular S2000 in my opinion

Gordini
9th November 2009, 09:51
How many bits and pieces do the Polo have in common with the Fabia, both being VAG vehicles ?

Mirek
10th November 2009, 00:43
Those cars are completely different in my opinion.

GTA
10th November 2009, 09:36
Imperatore; Has RGRS now totally left the Polo program and betting 100% on the Fabia for 2010 ?

Yes, we only do technical & Parts support to our customers for the Polo S2000.
The Skoda Fabia S2000 is the best S2000 on the market today, so a logical step if the team wants to stay working with the VAG Groug.

Grant_RSA
10th November 2009, 10:35
there is a rumour that there will be new shaped Polo's in South Africa next year.

Sulland
10th November 2009, 12:57
Will they be upgraded in any way, or just a new shell ?

Grant_RSA
10th November 2009, 13:13
like i said a rumour.....

it goes onto say that some of the workings of the Skoda may be included, this will cut down on development costs for the parent company.